New Jersey
JfZHPMM.jpg

Eh, I've seen worst PGTs after games we actually won. :laugh:

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
Eh, I've seen worst PGTs after games we actually won. :laugh:

It's just groan-worthy. It's clear we weren't playing to our potential, this game isn't a testament to our overall skill level, and the fact we had a chance to tie it up late means a lot, despite having what I feel like was top in the 5 worst games of the season. There really shouldn't be any other comments beyond "this game was ****, let's just move on."

ltsthinaz

Dec 20, 2011
Kingman, Arizona
He messed up big time and it lead to a goal against. He's terrible.

I don't think people realize how good John Moore has been lately. He's covered up for Boyle big time (for that matter, I think McDonagh has covered up a lot for Girardi when he is flopping around - I don't think he's played as bad as people think, besides, a lot of the problem defensively is that Talbot is always out of position and gives up a ton of rebounds).

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
He was brought here to cure the power play, how's that working out?

It's hard to say. PP% is up (not by much, about 1%) and for the most part it looks better/more dangerous but how much of that is down to Boyle I don't know. I don't think he's hurting the PP at all.

Boyle had an absolute Barry Crocker today but he's been pretty good this year. For mine the question is; can we find someone who can do must of what he does but for $1m or so less?

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
I don't mind John Moore because he's our 6th defenseman and everyone knows it, he's supposed to be mediocre. I don't think people realize how good our top 5 is. Is Boyle old, slow, inconsistent, and frustrating beyond belief? Yes. But we knew that when we signed him. DO I think it's a mistake we signed him rather than Stralman? Yes. But it could be a lot worse. At least he's a veteran and understands the highs and lows of the game. There's really nothing we can do about Boyle except wait out until his contract ends after next season and move the **** on from him. Hopefully Skjei will be ready by then.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Yeah not really, linesman had his hand up the whole time and it was waved off right away. Tonight the linesman actually signaled that the offsides was gone with his hands and only the huddle review later turned the decision around.

But thanks for making me waste 15 seconds of my life watching the chrysler commercial.

Tagging up does not negate the goal.

From the main boards:

Sorry no, and I found the proof.....

SITUATION #1

A Team B player in the neutral zone, shoot the puck into the Team A’s zone towards the net. When the puck cross the Team A’s blue line, a player from Team B is just inside the zone in an off-side position. The front linesman signal a delayed off-side as the puck continue towards the Team A’s goal. The player from Team B, that was in an off-side position, then clear the Team A’s zone which prompt the front linesman to drop his arm, nullifiying the delayed off-side. The puck then enters the Team A’s goal while there’s no more delayed off-side been signaled by the linesman. Is this a legal goal?

ANSWER:

NO. If the puck is shot into the attacking zone creating a delayed off-side, the play shall be allowed to continue under normal clearing-the-zone rules. Should the puck, as a result of this shot, enter the defending team’s goal, either directly or off the goalkeeper, a player, the boards, the glass, a piece of equipment or an official on the ice, the goal shall be disallowed as the original shot was off-side. The fact that the attacking team may have cleared the zone prior to the puck entering the goal has no bearing on this ruling. In this situation, the next face-off will be conducted at the closest face-off spot in the neutral zone that gives the offending team the least amount of territorial advantage. Rule 83.4

http://www.nhlofficials.com/es3582/cat127/rule-situation-of-the-week-series-offside-goal

Those two situations (the Rangers one and the Isles' one) are identical, except that Kreider tagged up before the puck went in...which is completely inconsequential.

The ref probably ruled it a good goal initially because the linesman (correctly) did not have his arm in the air anymore. The ref probably did not realize that Kreider had been offsides when the shot was fired, so the officials had to huddle to get it right.

The fact that some of you guys are *****ing about that goal is just an embarrassment. This is the kind of **** that we rag on other fanbases for doing.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Grrrrr.....dam Slats.:rant::banghead:

Boyle had a rough game today but he honesty has not been that bad thing season. He's been mainly reliable defensively and at times dynamic offensively.

It's a bit disingenuous to jump on one of his bad games and act like this is indicative of him as a player and how he's been all along. Which frankly isn't the case.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Boyle had a rough game today but he honesty has not been that bad thing season. He's been mainly reliable defensively and at times dynamic offensively.

It's a bit disingenuous to jump on one of his bad games and act like this is indicative of him as a player and how he's been all along. Which frankly isn't the case.

He's been fine. Our problem on defense is and has been all season Ryan McDonagh regressing.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
This game meant a lot more to the Flyers than us.

Every time our guys reset on the power play you just knew it wasn't going to work.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
I almost never read or post in game loss threads (have only read this page on this thread), but I have a serious question. Do some of you guys expect the Rangers to go 82-0 and just blow teams out of the water?

Games like these will happen. The other team gets paid to perform as well. Also, I'm sure we would have lost a game or two if Hank was our goalie the past couple of weeks. Just relax, the Rangers are going to make the playoffs, and will be among the favorites to make the SCF and win it.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
I almost never read or post in game loss threads (have only read this page on this thread), but I have a serious question. Do some of you guys expect the Rangers to go 82-0 and just blow teams out of the water?

Games like these will happen. The other team gets paid to perform as well. Also, I'm sure we would have lost a game or two if Hank was our goalie the past couple of weeks. Just relax, the Rangers are going to make the playoffs, and will be among the favorites to make the SCF and win it.

I disagree with you. It's one thing if games are lost because of unlucky bounces or bad officiating or the goalie plays out of his freaking mind or something along those liens. This game was lost because everybody except maybe 2 or 3 players played like absolute garbage. You talk about how players get paid to perform well, but the overwhelming majority of Rangers tonight didn't perform well at all. The game was lost because of how poorly most Rangers played tonight. They didn't have the same effort level the Flyers did and some of the decisions were either stupid, lazy, or both. The amount of just dumb giveaways was too damn high, like the rent. There was one shift where Girardi "attempted" to clear the puck, but ti was just so lazily done and didn't even get out of the zone. The passing wasn't crisp at all and nobody seemed to be in sync. It was about as bad of an effort all around. And the one bit where we really were playing ferociously, Mason shut the door on us, and we had a couple chances we just totally failed to bury.

These guys are paid to show effort, and they failed on that front. You can't expect the team to go 82-0, but you can expect them to show fight and heart and grit and guts and some sense of intelligence when playing the game, and they really showed none of that the vast majority of the game, and when you have the other team who's being paid for the same reason show said fight and heart and grit and guts and intelligence in their play, you don't deserve to win, and the Rangers didn't. There are losses and then there are bad losses, this was of the latter group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad