Confirmed with Link: New York Rangers 4th Round pick #98 OA - Tarmo Reunanen (LD)

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
He has played 1 full season in Liiga. I've said it before, but I have no problem with Tarmo staying in Finland for another year. Let him play another full season and earn a spot on the top pair for the entire year before coming over.
They should follow the same plan for Nils too. Keep them both in their respective leagues until they’re outperforming them.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
They should follow the same plan for Nils too. Keep them both in their respective leagues until they’re outperforming them.

The big difference is that Reunanen's rights expire in 2020, Nisse's rights expire in 2022. If the Rangers want to sign Tarmo, they have 2 windows left.

Reactions: egelband

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
The Rangers could sign Reunanen this spring and loan back to his team in Finland. Three year ELC. The Rangers could wait and sign him next spring. Two year ELC. Same thing.

We have not heard much about the Rangers plans for him. A major reason is Brooks and Carp have no idea who Reunanen is.

Not sure Carp is that bad, but Brooks needs to be spoon-fed content by HFNYR otherwise he has no clue

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Anyone think there’s a possibility Tarmo could play in the KHL next season? Would be a step up as far as competition goes. I’d be very curious to see how he does in that league. On the other hand I think we desperately need him in the A. I hope they can get him over, as we actually need a good team down there. You’ve got to think the Rangers give many prospects a shot just for Hartford’s sake.

Reactions: Ola and Lays

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Are you joking? Rykov is the most sure thing hot shot prospect since Zboro and Bear Gloves, bring that guy over! He's way better than Day and his twin Miller.

Rykov has had 1 full year in the KHL in the top-4. There's no rush to bring him over and I would like to see him get another year in the KHL playing top-pair minutes. The only reason I would bring him over now, is if the alternative is him going back to SKA to play on the 3rd pair again.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Anyone think there’s a possibility Tarmo could play in the KHL next season? Would be a step up as far as competition goes. I’d be very curious to see how he does in that league. On the other hand I think we desperately need him in the A. I hope they can get him over, as we actually need a good team down there. You’ve got to think the Rangers give many prospects a shot just for Hartford’s sake.

Could be an option, some team could buy his contract.

But I probably rather see him play in the SM-liiga and for Finland in the EHT. There are pros and cons, but teams are a little bit more stretched out in the KHL. Kind of like the Western Conference. He is in a great place right now. Driver offensively on his team. Wouldn’t mess with that.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

I don't know if Tarmo has the same clause Virta used. He signed a 2-year extension several weeks ago but no details regarding clauses has been released.

Reactions: Rongomania

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Rykov has had 1 full year in the KHL in the top-4. There's no rush to bring him over and I would like to see him get another year in the KHL playing top-pair minutes. The only reason I would bring him over now, is if the alternative is him going back to SKA to play on the 3rd pair again.

I suppose you're going to use the same argument for Tarmo?

Please tell me my post didn't go over your head?

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Sorry. I missed the obvious irony. But to be completely honest and full disclosuer: Yes, ideally Tarmo stays another year as well ;)

Hahah I thought so....

I think they both should come over for training camp if it's feasible and see where they stand. If there's any doubts by all means stay for another year. I am not a proponent of throwing players to the wolves.....the NHL wolves.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Hahah I thought so....

I think they both should come over for training camp if it's feasible and see where they stand. If there's any doubts by all means stay for another year. I am not a proponent of throwing players to the wolves.....the NHL wolves.

Reunanen will definitely come over for training camp even if he stays in Finland for another year. Rykov depends on his contractual situation

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Anyone here who could handicap his chances to join Finland for WC?

Niku if WPG is eliminated early.

D-men I would take ahead of him playing in NA:
Vatanen
Heiskanen
Ristolainen
Honka

Then there are guys like Pokka, Nikkilä, Eronen, Jokiharju, Välimäki and Kaski who are serious competitors for spots as well. I don't expect Reunanen to make the team but he may get a shot in the Carlson Games in early May

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Saw that he hasn't played in any of the EHT games. Think his chances are small, but who knows if there is more buzz around him now. Getting on the preliminary roster would be a start.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad