GDT: New York Rangers 2018-2019 Training Camp Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Not to be alarmist, but

giphy.gif
I know we weren't expecting much from this season, but I'm pretty pissed at the mouthbreather that hit him, whoever it may be. Sounds like he got hit hard.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Lets face it, Zibby is too soft...

We're supposed to be physical this season.

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
Hockey is a physical sport. This stuff happens. I’m sure Keane wasn’t trying to hit him in the head. And for all we know it’s just precautionsry

Reminds me of this totally. Even when doing in-house hockey you need to let up a bit and the young players need to know that. They want to go out there and make their mark, especially against and in front of the vets. You go hard, but never at 100%.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Reminds me of this totally. Even when doing in-house hockey you need to let up a bit and the young players need to know that. They want to go out there and make their mark, especially against and in front of the vets. You go hard, but never at 100%.

Agree and disagree a bit. For starters, its hard to tell a 20 year old kid that, especially one who has the opportunity to make a lot of money for the first time in their life. They want to do whatever they can to impress. Id like to see the hit, but theres no way Keane was going headhunting because he knows that would harm his chances.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Learn the lesson that if someone gets hurt accidentally in a physical sport, you’ll be punished severely? Yeah sounds like a great way to get him to overthink everything forever. It’s hockey. People get hurt.

It depends what type of hit it is. If it was legal, what can you do?

If it was an illegal hit, why shouldn't the player be punished? If it was in a game instead of practice, the player would be.

The accidental part shouldn't factor in.

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
If Mika is down for any extended period of time, we are firmly a bottom-2 team in the league.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
It depends what type of hit it is. If it was legal, what can you do?

If it was an illegal hit, why shouldn't the player be punished? If it was in a game instead of practice, the player would be.

The accidental part shouldn't factor in.
If anything than anything. Teams don’t punish their own players for accidental hits in practice.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
inb4 it was McLeod or McQuaid who delivered the headshot..... :popcorn:

anyway, hope it's nothing serious but this sounds pretty bad. i was hoping he might finally break out this year and this is not a great start.
It was a 1-on-1 drill with Keane

Don't think it would be something serious, but you never know...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad