GDT: New York Rangers 2018-2019 Training Camp Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
What I hope everyone realizes is that it is VERY likely that the team won't be playing Quinn's system right out of the gate. There will likely be an AV hangover and tendencies that will need to be broken as the season goes on. Kind of like how the team was actually good in 13-14 and then once AV had time to fully get everyone to "buy in" they started sucking.

The 13-14 team sucked at the beginning of the year.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
The 13-14 team sucked at the beginning of the year.

Yeah the difference from playing in a Torts system to what AV wanted was a major change.

Its much easier to go from an AV type system to a more structured one than vice versa. I think what will hold this team back is the lack of bodies they have to play the way Quinn wants to play and just an overall mediocre level of established talent.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
They sucked the first like 4 or 5 games where they got obliterated every game by 5 or 6 goals.

I think there was more like 10 games in before they really started to do okay. And there was a lot of reason to believe they were better than their record all year long. This idea that they sucked as AV took hold is off though. The team got better as the year went on and then ran over the league for almost the entire following season, except again for the beginning of it.

But either way, I agree with @Go Away Staal that this should be an easier transition. Not that we know exactly what Quinn’s system in the NHL will look like yet. I have to imagine that training camp is not just about player evaluation, but system implementation. And maybe that’s a big reason why they went with a smaller roster and basically no invites.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
I think there was more like 10 games in before they really started to do okay. And there was a lot of reason to believe they were better than their record all year long. This idea that they sucked as AV took hold is off though. The team got better as the year went on and then ran over the league for almost the entire following season, except again for the beginning of it.

But either way, I agree with @Go Away Staal that this should be an easier transition. Not that we know exactly what Quinn’s system in the NHL will look like yet. I have to imagine that training camp is not just about player evaluation, but system implementation. And maybe that’s a big reason why they went with a smaller roster and basically no invites.

Also known as the "Martin S:t Louis centering the top line"-era.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
E1dr.gif

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Is there a way to watch monday nights game on Tuesday? Mine is always blacked out in Atlanta... Even with nhl center ice and the reguonal sports package sadly.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I've got a hockey game of my own to play Monday night so I'd like to watch it Tuesday. It's always preseason games that give me issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad