Speculation: New York Rangers 2015-16 Roster Building Thread Part XXV ‎- MOaR StufF HappENs NoW?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
We don't need a change especially if two (hopefully) prospects can cement their game and out play roster players. (Skjei/Buchie) but those are two unknowns right now. Will get a better look at them hopefully but January but if not I'm fine with the team we have

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Lol Sorry PH but that offer was some **** u see on main boards from a Toronto fan.

Any talk with Pitt and NYR for Malkin would probably start with something like this

Malkin + Fleury

For

Lundqvist + McDonagh. NYR would be adding too

BarbaraAlphanse

Lol Sorry PH but that offer was some **** u see on main boards from a Toronto fan.

Any talk with Pitt and NYR for Malkin would probably start with something like this

Malkin + Fleury

For

Probably not. That's a hyperbole.

But absolutely going to need more than Staal + Miller.

Jun 25, 2013
www.tannerglassisthebest.com

Malkin + Fleury

For

Malkin 3 years ago? Yes. But not anymore trade returns have dropped in recent years. I think we can steal him from Pitt also staal isn't as bad as people are making him to be.

BarbaraAlphanse

Thats why i added the 2nd :naughty:

I don't even want Malkin. He'd require an overpayment just because the Pens are a rival in our same division. And he's starting to accrue injuries every year. Huge pass.

I'd rather build around youth.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Probably not. That's a hyperbole.

But absolutely going to need more than Staal + Miller.

Well, Pitt wanting to trade Malkin in the first place would be a HUGE red flag, let alone to a division rival who they met in the playoffs the prior 2 years.

The situation itself is hyperbolic.

As someone else said, kings ransom would be had in order for that situation to occur.

But, even in a vacuum. If you knew Evgeni Malkin would play a full 82 games and would produce points like he does, Malkin + Fleury for Lundqvist + McDonagh is actually right there in terms of value.

Malkin 3 years ago? Yes. But not anymore trade returns have dropped in recent years. I think we can steal him from Pitt also staal isn't as bad as people are making him to be.

With Malkin it's just a matter of health. If he could just find a way to play close to 82 games, he'd be a perennial threat to the scoring title. If Pitt would trade him to division rival, you'd have to think they'd have insider information about his health.

Even then, his value is still greater than staal + miller + 2nd.

BarbaraAlphanse

Disagree. That starts with that proposed trade. It would probably be more like:

Lundqvist
McDonagh
Brassard
2nd Rounder

For

Fluery
Malkin
5th rounder

Lundqvuist is generational. McDonagh alone probably comes close to landing Malkin.

You have to take into account age, contract, position.

I'd imagine McDonagh and a little would get Malkin alone. And Fleury probably doesn't even come 1/4 of the way to acquiring Henrik.

BarbaraAlphanse

Ok I'm going back to reality.

Staal for Hossa

:sarcasm:

Staal for futures. You only get back fair value if you take a risk on some young guys. That's the trade-off teams make. Prove guys that may be over the hill for prospects with high upside that may never pan out.

Risk-reward works for both sides then, and nearly only then.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I'm sure some will disagree with me but I wouldn't even be concerned with the return for Staal. Clear that money and resign Yandle with it. Anything else is gravy IMO.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Yes lets trade veteran defensemen for futures when the team is looking like they will make another deep playoff run. Wise.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
I doubt they're sending two top office guys over to watch him if they're not even considering burning a year.

That's nothing compared to trading assets for a rental IMO

While I'm sure that's a consideration, Buch's the best prospect in the organization and I'm sure they want to a) see him play in person and b) make sure he knows the Rangers are continuing to be interested in having him come over, sooner or later this year. And it's not like the Rangers are so short of funds they can't afford it--it's a tax deduction for them after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad