Speculation: New York Rangers 2015-16 Roster Building Thread Part XXV ‎- MOaR StufF HappENs NoW?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Staal might be open for that kind of move because he would immediately be the #1D on that team... And it's a team on the rise.
But if Staal has been so bad over last several years, why would any team, let alone one on the rise, trade for him and then make him the #1 defenseman?

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
All of Dallas' top4 defenders can move the puck. Kling, Goli, Oduya and Demers and get involved in the offensive zone. Marc Staal has a brain anyerism at the thought of offense in the NHL.

Dallas is a really high Corsi For (and Against) team. I wouldn't want Marc Staal in my top4 if I am them with the game they play. Certainly don't want to pay for a 5 milly man on the bottom pairing, though.

Keith Yandle would be absolute $$ in that Dallas system and on dat PP with Seguin/Benn.

Dallas should pony up and get a legit puck moving/two-way top4 D preferably younger than Staal to play with Klingberg if they don't resign AG.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
All of Dallas' top4 defenders can move the puck. Kling, Goli, Oduya and Demers and get involved in the offensive zone.

Dallas is a really high Corsi For (and Against) team. I wouldn't want Marc Staal in my top4 if I am them with the game they play. Certainly don't want to pay for a 5 milly man on the bottom pairing, though.

Keith Yandle would be absolute $$ in that Dallas system and on dat PP with Seguin/Benn.

Sharp-Benn-Seguin-Klingberg-Yandle lol don't even try to stop them.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Sharp-Benn-Seguin-Klingberg-Yandle lol don't even try to stop them.

For real, the likelyhood of that PP being awarded a goal == taking a penalty on an empty net breakaway.

But, back to issue at hand, Marc Staal is just too damn unmoveable IMO...Dat NMC, Dat term+AAV...

I mean, he'd have to provide a list of teams he's waive for and then the Rangers would have to take on another bad contract to shed his.

Winnipeg and NYR are often mentioned as trading partners. Their LHD is absolute **** after Enstrom. Bunch of #6/7 guys after that in Pardy, Chariot, Stuart and Postma. Josh Morrisey is in the pipeline and will most likely be a great LHD soon.

Staal could definitely improve their depth at LHD but again he's just so damn unmoveable I think were stuck with him until the wheels really really fall of. Winnipeg doesn't even look to be in contention of the playoffs at this point either, and Staal definitely doesn't fit in their long term plan.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
But if Staal has been so bad over last several years, why would any team, let alone one on the rise, trade for him and then make him the #1 defenseman?

I should clarify... Staal is bad HERE because he doesn't this style of play.

Dallas is fast, but they need defense. Staal happens to be good at supressing shots, which is a big help to them

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
All of Dallas' top4 defenders can move the puck. Kling, Goli, Oduya and Demers and get involved in the offensive zone. Marc Staal has a brain anyerism at the thought of offense in the NHL.

Dallas should pony up and get a legit puck moving/two-way top4 D preferably younger than Staal to play with Klingberg if they don't resign AG.

Hm. That's a tough call then...

The only option that leaves Rangers management is to get Staal to a team that's in the midst of making it over the hump... Florida this year, or Buffalo next year come to mind. Winnipeg comes to mind for next year as well...

We're going to have to retain $1M in order to make him tradeable though... that ****ing contract is a albatross.

The only other option is if he follows Eric to a cap floor team to build something new, which is a possibility if we win it all this year.

Marc should not be in the plans after 16-17 season at the LEAST

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Dreger says WPG is shopping Enstrom in exchange for top6F. As I said in previous post, their depth at LHD is the worst in the league so that is quite puzzling.

Imagine if we could pull off Staal (possibly small retention) + Etem for Enstrom

:naughty:

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
What about Skjei though?

I mean unless Enstrom is a stop gap

Etem would probably be a good fit for them. He'd be playing for the rangers if the only line that hadn't established itself was the 4th... Even Miller is nearly cemented into the 2RW spot at this rate.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Would be sort of a stopgap. Enstrom is better than Staal overall and has 2 less years of term on the contract. Same AAV though.

You could move Enstrom much more easily than Staal though if needed.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Are you seriously asking me that? Come on. Kreider is a good player, but in no way unique. Yandle, a puck-moving offensive D-man is more valuable than a winger who scores 20 goals.

Kreider's more than just the points. He has speed, physicality, an edge to his game. There are only 5-10 players in the NHL that play like him.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Dreger says WPG is shopping Enstrom in exchange for top6F. As I said in previous post, their depth at LHD is the worst in the league so that is quite puzzling.

Imagine if we could pull off Staal (possibly small retention) + Etem for Enstrom

:naughty:

Enstrom would be a SICK add to the team.

Don't know how the pairings would shake up though, pointless to play Enstrom or Yandle on the bottom pair...

Igor Shestyorkin

Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
For real, the likelyhood of that PP being awarded a goal == taking a penalty on an empty net breakaway.

But, back to issue at hand, Marc Staal is just too damn unmoveable IMO...Dat NMC, Dat term+AAV...

I mean, he'd have to provide a list of teams he's waive for and then the Rangers would have to take on another bad contract to shed his.

Winnipeg and NYR are often mentioned as trading partners. Their LHD is absolute **** after Enstrom. Bunch of #6/7 guys after that in Pardy, Chariot, Stuart and Postma. Josh Morrisey is in the pipeline and will most likely be a great LHD soon.

Staal could definitely improve their depth at LHD but again he's just so damn unmoveable I think were stuck with him until the wheels really really fall of. Winnipeg doesn't even look to be in contention of the playoffs at this point either, and Staal definitely doesn't fit in their long term plan.

To be honest, I wouldn't even consider Stuart a #6 d-man, he is so bad that he is dragging a 21 year old rising RHD in Trouba... and if they are moving Enstrom, I don't see why they would want Staal, he is on practically the same contract, with more years, and Enstrom is better.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
To be honest, I wouldn't even consider Stuart a #6 d-man, he is so bad that he is dragging a 21 year old rising RHD in Trouba... and if they are moving Enstrom, I don't see why they would want Staal, he is on practically the same contract, with more years, and Enstrom is better.

Right, they wouldn't consider Staal for Enstrom straight up. Etem, who has top6 potential, sweetens the deal.

WPG fans also said Staal might work with Byfuglien who is a rover.

It's still dumb to consider moving Enstrom at all when you're the worst team in the league at LHD.

Igor Shestyorkin

Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Right, they wouldn't consider Staal for Enstrom straight up. Etem, who has top6 potential, sweetens the deal.

WPG fans also said Staal might work with Byfuglien who is a rover.

It's still dumb to consider moving Enstrom at all when you're the worst team in the league at LHD.

Agreed. Good post. :handclap:

BarbaraAlphanse

WPG's desire to land a top 6 winger no longer makes them a fit for Ladd or wheeler. Unless they do a full tank.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
are there actually rumors that dallas would move Nicushkin? or just wishful thinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad