Speculation: New York Rangers 2015-16 Roster Building Thread Part XXV ‎- MOaR StufF HappENs NoW?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
He is not going to waive anywhere.

Let's review the FACTS or what we know:

1- Staal was drafted by this team and has played his whole career here.

2- Staal knows he has been part of the core for awhile and is an assistant captain here.

3- NY is a great place to live and build a family. Staal just had a kid. Also not far from Thunder Bay, Ontario.

4- The team has continued to thrive each year.

5- He isn't young anymore. Why would he want to change his life style now, uprooting is family to a new location when he is comfortable here.

This isn't a video game. This is real life. These players have lives outside of hockey. IF Staal would even consider waiving, it would be in the offseason. And that is a big IF. Not happening in the middle of the season. It just wont. Not to mention how horrible it would be for the lockerroom when Gorton puts together a deal and Staal does not waive in the middle of a very successful season.

You forgot he has a NMC (that was very recently signed) AND there's a real possibility he could win a cup here.

Those two points alone = end story

Same for G.

Ridiculous pipe dreams that either go anywhere anytime soon.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Pass on Jagr. He won't have any gas left in the tank by the time March rolls around.

If Winnipeg is out of it by the deadline, that is who I would be on the phone with. Wheeler would cost way too much. Him and Little are probably the two guys on that team that are untouchable. Ehlers too. Look into renting Ladd or Byfuglien if it doesn't cost a 1st rounder. Fast, any prospect not named Buchnevich, Skjei, or Shestyorkin, and 2nd rounders are on the table.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Pass on Jagr. He won't have any gas left in the tank by the time March rolls around.

If Winnipeg is out of it by the deadline, that is who I would be on the phone with. Wheeler would cost way too much. Him and Little are probably the two guys on that team that are untouchable. Ehlers too. Look into renting Ladd or Byfuglien if it doesn't cost a 1st rounder. Fast, any prospect not named Buchnevich, Skjei, or Shestyorkin, and 2nd rounders are on the table.

Did he not score 6 goals and 12 assists in 19 games in March/April last year? And 6 goals and 11 assists in 22 games the March/April before that? He had one bad playoffs with Boston (sort of...he still had 10 assists and had 0 goals on 58 shots) but I'm pretty sure this "he's too old and will wear down as the season goes on" is a complete myth and is it hasn't actually happened.

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013
Hamonic wants to be traded from the Islanders according to Elliotte Friedman

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I'm all for Jagr. Would love to add him to Kreider and Stepan. Kreider and Jagr would dominate down low and on the boards. Drool even more if you can get Andrew Ladd and add him as the 3rd piece to that line. Kreider and Ladd would ruin opposing defenses with their physical play. Kreider could learn a lot from him.

BarbaraAlphanse

Somehow the isles will end up with Varlamov, duchene, and Byuf. It'll happen. And there will be a board meltdown.

It'll be like strome, Hamonic, halak, park, and a 1st for duchene and varlamov.

And then a 1st for Byuf

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
With all of pitts problems i would try to snag Malkin out of there.

Staal miller 2nd
For

Malkin 35% Retained.

Kreider-Step-Malkin
Brass line
3rd line
4th line.

McD-Klein
Yandle-G
Boyle/Skjei-Mcl

j-jonah-laughing.gif

Edit -

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Somehow the isles will end up with Varlamov, duchene, and Byuf. It'll happen. And there will be a board meltdown.

It'll be like strome, Hamonic, halak, park, and a 1st for duchene and varlamov.

And then a 1st for Byuf

Unless Barzal or Dal Colle are going the other way, the Islanders aren't getting Duchene.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
jagr ship has sailed.

incredible player but he's not the answer

were close now, jagr isn't the final piece.

Is there like any reasoning behind this or is it just a fact that everyone should know (let me guess because he's 43 years old?)

Because from what I see. We can use a RW2. Jagr is a RW. Jagr scored 24 goals and 67 points two years ago. He scored 17 goals and 47 points last year. Most of that time he played on a offensively inept Devils team with little talent that was 2nd worst in the league in GF60 over that time span. He has 7 goals and 14 points in 16 games this year. His contract is up after the year. He doesn't make a ton of money. He's on a team that could look to move pieces at the deadline. He's performed here in the past. He's great on the powerplay.

As I posted beforehand the idea that "he's too old and slows down late in the season" is blatantly false and just a myth perpetuated by people who hate any acquisition of an older player.

How exactly is he not the answer? He's a great fit. He's a big upgrade on what we have. Sure there are some better fits (like Vrbata) but they will all likely cost more and be in higher demand. Jagr was traded for a 2nd and a 3rd last year and shouldn't cost much different than that this year.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Is there like any reasoning behind this or is it just a fact that everyone should know (let me guess because he's 43 years old?)

Because from what I see. We can use a RW2. Jagr is a RW. Jagr scored 24 goals and 67 points two years ago. He scored 17 goals and 47 points last year. Most of that time he played on a offensively inept Devils team with little talent that was 2nd worst in the league in GF60 over that time span. He has 7 goals and 14 points in 16 games this year. His contract is up after the year. He doesn't make a ton of money. He's on a team that could look to move pieces at the deadline. He's performed here in the past. He's great on the powerplay.

As I posted beforehand the idea that "he's too old and slows down late in the season" is blatantly false and just a myth perpetuated by people who hate any acquisition of an older player.

How exactly is he not the answer? He's a great fit. He's a big upgrade on what we have. Sure there are some better fits (like Vrbata) but they will all likely cost more and be in higher demand. Jagr was traded for a 2nd and a 3rd last year and shouldn't cost much different than that this year.

love the guy. one of my all time favorite players.

at this point, and in the playoffs, I'm not sure i want to hand him the 2rw spot as a rental and then have buchnevich on the 3rd line. jagr has to play minimal 5on5 minutes and lots of pp. well, in the playoffs, thats not optimal.

we have buchnevich arriving in the spring time for a playoff run. i choose to believe he will be exactly the player we need and he won't cost anything. he will be a terrific addition and he can play 2 ways at top speed.

while i think jagr is an incredible athlete and still can score at his age, i don't think he's the guy to go to war with in a deep payoff run. not sure he has that kind of game left.

pass

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
I guess I do not understand why Jagr has to play minimal 5v5 minutes when he is 49th in pts/60 minutes at even strength since he joined the Devils (60th if you only take last year and this year min 1000 min)

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Jaromir Jagr? Does anyone have any new ideas?

Don't want, but if we were to consider the rental, the only player that makes sense would be Boyle.

Similar, and Jagr a bit better doing the F thing than someone who has skate faster and backwards doing the D thing.

However, even still, Jagr's time is gone here.
Too fast and he can't keep up.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Yeah, but like imagine Jagr, Buch, and Yandle on a power play? As much as I love Jagr, there are concerns, but I'd still make the trade if the price isn't outrageous.

This team only really needs to upgrade one spot, which is Marc Staal. I'll give him some time to heal from his injuries, but I don't understand how anyone can watch Staal and think he's been playing good hockey this year. He's literally had one good game this season.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Harmonic wants to be closer to family in west Canada from what I read.

i said this in the trade forum thread but thats ridiculous. vancouver could be a team he'd agree to go to. vancouver and brooklyn are about equally distant from winnipeg. that be like one of us wanting to be closer to NY and wanting a move from dallas to chicago...

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
i said this in the trade forum thread but thats ridiculous. vancouver could be a team he'd agree to go to. vancouver and brooklyn are about equally distant from winnipeg. that be like one of us wanting to be closer to NY and wanting a move from dallas to chicago...

Just reporting what I read. He gave snow a list of teams he'd prefer and they're all out west

BarbaraAlphanse

Wonder if Jets will do:

Enstrom and a pick for Strome and Hamonic. Someone on here tweeted they were dangling Emstrom for a top 6 forward. Strome is young, cost controlled, and has that potential. Seems like a fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad