New York Post publishes disgusting hit piece on Ovechkin and the Washington Capitals

Status
Not open for further replies.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
Hall of Fame journalist Larry Brooks, everyone. :shakehead

I wouldn't read his stuff if he wasn't the only beat writer with legit Rangers connections. This is a joke.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Please note that Brooks says that the final would have been better had the NHL playoff format not pitted its two top teams in the 2nd round. He writes this after ignoring that the last two seasons the Caps and Pens were the two best teams and they played in the 2nd round.

The difference is that the Jets lost in the next round while the winner of every Caps v Pens playoff series in the Crosby Ovechkin era has won the cup.

MarkMessyay11

Jan 12, 2015
NJ
Actually pretty disappointed that Brooks wrote an article like this...even for him, this is low. He's actually done a pretty solid job as far as coverage and opinions on the Rangers this year. I'm guessing he's trying to appeal to the part of the Rangers "fan base" that thinks that, because Ovi is a conference/playoff rival, he doesn't deserve to win. But as a life-long Rangers fan and one who has appreciated the intensity of the rivalry between Ovi and the Rangers, I'm very happy for him. All of my friends/family that are Rangers fans are as well, as far as I can tell. It's pretty pathetic and, quite frankly, hypocritical to say a competitor like him doesn't deserve to win and that actually winning a championship doesn't erase a career's worth of losing. If the Rangers were to come out and win the Cup next year, he'd be the first to praise Lundqvist as a career winner, now that he finally added the last notch on his belt.

I was actually warming back up to Larry this season...that's all been lost now.

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
It's very simple. Don't give troll journalists like Brooks, Malamud, etc. the time of day if you want them to lose their platform.
I'm sure Brooks knows his article is dishonest, the paper knows it's garbage, but hey, it generates controversy, clicks and henceforth $$$.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Please note that Brooks says that the final would have been better had the NHL playoff format not pitted its two top teams in the 2nd round. He writes this after ignoring that the last two seasons the Caps and Pens were the two best teams and they played in the 2nd round.

The difference is that the Jets lost in the next round while the winner of every Caps v Pens playoff series in the Crosby Ovechkin era has won the cup.
Imo, it's a totally silly argument either way.

The best team wins the tournament. The second best loses in the finals, and so on. All this talk about how this or that team that didn't even make the finals was the best is nonsense. If the Preds and Jets were the two best teams in the west, one would have won at conference at least.

People can play hypothetical games all day but the best team is the team that wins.

Reactions: Hippasus

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
His head is in the right place but looking in all the wrong places. I'd take a look at "f*** this league" as to why they won.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
I wanted Vegas to win
I don't like Ovi
He was ridiculously good in the games I saw

The Post is better than the Onion, due to believing they are real

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
It's Larry Brooks. Not sure what people expect. He is click bait. Not a good journalist. As a Rangers fan, I've ignored his articles for years.

And his article worked, because here people are discussing it.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
So then Lundqvist has been a loser since he entered the league until now, right?
well he hasn't won any cups so...

he does have a stanley cup finals appearance and a few ecf appearances, something ovi never had before this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad