New York Post publishes disgusting hit piece on Ovechkin and the Washington Capitals

Status
Not open for further replies.

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
Hey Brooksie, how the Rangers do this year? Sitting last place in the Metro? Ok. Well thats ok how did the King do? Only 26Ws with .915SP and a 2.98GAA. Ouch. Ok so where is the Kings ring? Oh he doesn't have one? Do me a favor then and shut the **** up.

bring back the jets

Oct 30, 2010
Modern media sucks

Yup. There is more money in delivering controversy than news. That is why it is better to just ignore it rather than share it on forums or social media because that is exactly what they are counting on people doing. This thread has 703 views already. If even 100-200 of those resulted in viewing the article, they probably made a small profit just right there. Essentially we are paying them to right this garbage.

/Rant

Zazzaro703

Mar 18, 2016
Lake Tahoe
You only write an article like that if you are miserable so poor Larry has probably been stewing in petty jealousy living in a salt mine for the last month. It's not our fault the Rangers are garbage so they weren't in the playoffs so we could buzzsaw them. I drink deeply of Larrys tears. I love knowing sometimes your absolute victory sends fools like this into a tailspin, all part of the championship experience. Let's also not forget the Tampa Rangers is as close as you could come to playing the Rangers.

Also, it's the NYTs and we all know they peddle propaganda and fake news.

Reactions: Sentinel

Todos a la Calle

Mar 30, 2015
Mexico City
Well, the ny post certainly sucks. But there are lots of well reported and/or insightful stories out there about the caps (and, of course, other topics) so seems kind of unfair to generalize. It’s just like other professions: there are good lawyers and bad lawyers, etc. Figure out who’s good and ignore the rest.

puckIuck

Jan 11, 2018
hes right about the jets being a tougher match up then vegas.

lundqvist is washed up and getting traded :laugh::laugh::laugh:

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Articles these days are all about getting edge and clickbait.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
First reaction- probably that loser Larry Brooks

Sad thing is he might not even feel that way he’s writing for clicks
Same. I was not disappointed but I am saddened. I think he’s writing for people who think like him, what’s truly sad is that there might actually BE people that think like him. I like to call them assclowns.

Reactions: DKH

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
"Stanley Cup win doesn't erase Alex Ovechkin's ledger of losing"

I don't want to state the obvious but that is EXACTLY what it does.

I know. It’s like. “Recent lottery win doesn’t make man any richer”.

“Recent growth spurt doesn’t make you any taller”

Come on.

Reactions: Sam Spade

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Un****ing believable.

Side note: does anyone remember some clown Russian journalist came out of the woodwork with some massive Ovi hit piece on Twitter after he was eliminated last year?

Boy, that aged well.

Slava Malamud is one of the most miserable pieces of shit in all of the sports world, and Larry Brooks is a god damn hack. Bitter :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.

I can just imagine the anger on their faces as Ovi hoisted Lord Stanley.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Un****ing believable.

Side note: does anyone remember some clown Russian journalist came out of the woodwork with some massive Ovi hit piece on Twitter after he was eliminated last year?

Boy, that aged well.

Slava Malamud? He's deranged.

Reactions: Peanut

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com
Every year Brooks writes an article deriding the new Stanley Cup winner literally 3-4 days after their win. I remember him shitting over Yzerman in June of 2002. He is one miserable f***. Him and the "Potvin sucks" is why Rangers are never gonna win the Cup.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
Some hockey fan farmer should drive a carry load of manure to NY Post HQ/office building.

A pile would stink less than this kind "journalism", and make better "news".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad