New York Post publishes disgusting hit piece on Ovechkin and the Washington Capitals

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
The NY Post is a tabloid rag that is written at a 4th grade reading level.

Unfit for serious grownup consumption.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
It's just hack writer who's team is now a bottom-feeder so he has nothing to write about.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Somehow, the toad who wrote that piece is going into the Hockey Hall of Fame. He makes up the Mount Rushmore of awful pieces of shit who cover the sport, alongside Steve Simmons and Damian Cox.

Reactions: sabremike

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
Brooks and the NY Post are both garbage. Don't bother clicking.

I've been to or through New York a couple of times and have picked up a few newspapers to have something to read on my way home to Buffalo.

Guess which paper I DIDN'T purchase? ;)

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
It kind is by default, its circulation is higher than respected organizations like the Washington Post. Which is why you see people like OP and posters here actually taking it seriously, even though its just routine clickbait by Brooks

Yeah, well, maybe that's because NYC has more people who live there than in the Washington, DC area...AND you can purchase the Post up here in Buffalo.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
Un****ing believable.

Side note: does anyone remember some clown Russian journalist came out of the woodwork with some massive Ovi hit piece on Twitter after he was eliminated last year?

Boy, that aged well.
Is this true? Did he actually write that article? That's great.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Torts called this guy out
Torts's player (Dan Boyle) called this guy out years later

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
Used to be a tabloid rag like the NY Post was recognized for what it was and put in its own category (or the trash). Nowadays, all media lies (except for that blog you agree with), and the Post is just another in a long list of Fake News purveyors. Read something you don't like? Fake news. Facts don't support your feelings? Fake news. Hell, before long, you won't be receptive to any information at all that hasn't been filtered by your own biases.
What a time to be alive.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Lundqvist wasn't shutting down many teams at all this year.

Lundqvist played well on a bad defensive team.

Rangers were 2nd in HDCA, and be posted a .915.

No other goalie on a team in the bottom 8 for HDCA was above a .910 [including Holtby, Murray] besides Lundqvist and Raanta.

You making a statement without context is meaningless.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
It's Larry Brooks. Nobody gives two shits about what he says, because it's always dumb.

You might as well start a thread about how bad Eklund's rumours or Glenn Healy's commentaries are.

Reactions: domaug

shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada
New York Post office.

giphy.gif

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
Yeah, not too long ago I was supposed to congratulate Brooks for being inducted into the HoF. I have no inclination of congratulatingba wannabe journalist who writes like an asshole.

f*** him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad