New York Post publishes disgusting hit piece on Ovechkin and the Washington Capitals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
I also agree with Larry Brooks the NHL fixed the matchups so a lesser franchise like Washington would be allowed to succeed. Washington & Ovechkin fans have always whined that the league is fixed, so all of them should now agree with Larry Brooks.

Except the NHL literally got rid of the southeast division and punted their worst team to Winnipeg so the Caps would have a harder time making the playoffs

Binister

Generational User
Feb 7, 2017
Sounds like a sarcastic post or...

Very unprofessional journalism where sour loser gets to release his disappointment to the newspaper. Dogs keep on barking.

Caps and Ovechkin deserved the Cup more than anything.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Fair enough. As a Penguins fan who has seen it done to Crosby on HF and elsewhere millions of times, especially in the last two years...I get it. Comes with the territory.

As much as I don't like Sid or the Penguins, their greatness has been undeniable. At some point you have to tip your hat to the opponent for playing very very well.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
*reads*

Well. That was just embarrassing for everybody involved.

This time, too, neither Ovechkin nor the Caps had to go through Henrik Lundqvist, the way they couldn’t in successive seven-game defeats in 2012, 2013 and 2015.

....Oh, honey. No.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Macho Man

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
As much as I don't like Sid or the Penguins, their greatness has been undeniable. At some point you have to tip your hat to the opponent for playing very very well.

Well said. My sentiments too, though I can't say "I don't like Sid or a Penguins" as there are no much emotional investments or particular following for either of them by me. It just that fan-spread anti-Ovi attitude that factor and direct me to like more Ovi and Caps, as well as the fact that Ovi's personal characteristics and career achievements looks to me more convincing and unquestionable, less depending of supporting cast and more critical in winning hockey than Crosby's kind of greatness (which is undeniable). I can't forget Sid's whiny past, luckily downgraded later.

Next year it is then Sid's turn. This year was owned by Ovi.

Reactions: Eazy for Kuzy

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
You're giving him hits, and helping him keep his job.

This.

Everyone knows Larry is an embarrassment and no Ranger fan no matter how dumb think the Rangers had any chance against this Capitals team in a playoff series, even with King in goal. Makes fans and organization look bad.

f*** Larry Brooks....

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Let’s call this exactly what it is, a hit piece aimed at diminishing everything Alex Ovechkin and Capitals have accomplished this year. The writer makes absurd suggestions, such as the reasoning for the Capitals making it to the finals was because they, “didn't have to go through Lundqvist”. He even includes a bizarre comment calling Ovechkin fat.

Continuing, the article claims the Golden Knights (or Golden Cinderellas as he calls them) were an easy match-up, and the result would have been different, "if the league’s best two regular-season teams, Nashville and Winnipeg, hadn’t been bracketed into a second-round match-up". He goes on to say the NHL somehow matched the Predators and the Jets
together to, "give lesser teams their best chance at winning."

How does trash like this get published by a so-called legitimate news organization?

Below is the article for those interested in archived format so they won't benefit from your click. (credit to DearDiary)

Stanley Cup win doesn’t erase Alex Ovechkin’s ledger of losing

I won't be click baited, thanks for the summary which - if accurate - makes the author seem pathetic at his art.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad