GDT: NEW YORK CASTAWAYS @ HEART OF THE STORM

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I watched box score at work and just checked the highlights now that I’m home.

What was up with the random delay of game penalty at the end of the first? Just Tim Peele being Tim Peele?

And holy moly that Svech empty netter. A guy that big shouldn’t be able to accelerate that quickly.
No one knows, that kind of call seems unprecedented... as in I've quite literally never seen a team at any level be penalized for something like that.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I watched box score at work and just checked the highlights now that I’m home.

What was up with the random delay of game penalty at the end of the first? Just Tim Peele being Tim Peele?

And holy moly that Svech empty netter. A guy that big shouldn’t be able to accelerate that quickly.
Initially the understanding was that the DoG came from Aho skating to the bench apparently when he shouldn't have, but Tripp (?) said (?) after the period break that it would've been about a called icing that Rod called Peel out for.

They shouldn't call icing if the goalie made an attempt to get it, and Greiss twitched at the puck's direction but then thought better of it, and it was called which Rod felt was wrong.

If I understoof correctly. They are speaking foreign language very fast.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
unless he’s the most skilled player who has ever lived, this is the dumbest thing you’ve ever said.

Honestly, I confused myself a bit with my post. I just think that the league "figured out" Barzal a little bit last season and it looks like a little more this season. Let him stickhandle around the perimeter all he wants, just stay between him and the net and you're fine. It also seems to help that Trotz is using him poorly. He's a good player, but it just didn't seem to me that he was close to *scoring* or anything tonight.

w e l o s t b o y s

Drawing Frog 8
Nov 21, 2009
London
Missed most of the game due to some family matters...but WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Also, i did see that cocky / gun goal celebration. I don't get why a team with so little recent success is so arrogant, but whatever lol.
I'm always down for more stupid celebrations, the more personality in the game the better

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Honestly, I confused myself a bit with my post. I just think that the league "figured out" Barzal a little bit last season and it looks like a little more this season. Let him stickhandle around the perimeter all he wants, just stay between him and the net and you're fine. It also seems to help that Trotz is using him poorly. He's a good player, but it just didn't seem to me that he was close to *scoring* or anything tonight.

I think the Hurricanes will give him fits because the D can pretty much all handle him one on one. He’s the type of guy that needs to draw two guys to him to dish to an open man. Slavin or Pesce can chase him around and keep him in check.

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
I'm always down for more stupid celebrations, the more personality in the game the better

I generally agree.....those guys really IRK me though lol and I differentiate between wacky celebrations and those that seem directed at a specific person. but it's all subjective, and just like post head-pat we got em the end so I'm all good :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad