GDT: NEW YORK CASTAWAYS @ HEART OF THE STORM

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Four games of the regular season are behind our belt. And they have been quite eventful.

Aho scored, yet Haydn Fleury somehow has more points. Power play looks dangerous. All of the four games ended up in a victory. Three of which were comebacks of the highest caliber of Vengeance. Dangerous Swamp Cats were dismantled like a LEGO building kit in the very first period.

There is a reason to feel joy, even satisfaction.

BUT IT IS NO REASON TO SLOW DOWN. WE HAVE STOOD IN THE DARKNESS FOR TOO LONG. OUR VOICES WERE SILENCED DURING DROUGHT. NO MORE.
DON'T BE AFRAID TO STEP INTO THE LIGHT. OUR VOICES WILL BE HEARD. WE WILL HAVE FUN, WE WILL TAKE VENGEANCE. WHETHER THEY LIKE IT OR NOT.

SOMETHING HAS WASHED UPON OUR SHORE. MAY WE BE THE TIDE THAT SHALL TEAR THEM ASUNDER.

GET OF OUR LAWN CASTAWAYS. WE WILL HAVE OUR VENGEANCE. ONE WAY OR THE OTHER.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
source.gif

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Looking through the shift charts for the Isles
1) Josh Bailey, Brock Nelson, Adam Pelech and Ryan Pulock are Trotz's shutdown unit, seeing use against Wheeler/Scheifele and McDavid. They got pwned royally by McDavid, at which point Trotz said f*** it and started using the shutdown tandem of the decade Derrick Brassard and Jordan Eberle against McDavid. :laugh:
2) He is bending over backwards to keep Mat Barzal away from strong competition. In Washington, whenever Ovie was at the end of a shift/had just left the ice was when Barzal was sent out. Against Winnipeg it was entirely against their lower lines + Laine.

No wonder Barzal was so ineffective last May. It was either play against Staal or Aho, or give your best player 3rd line minutes. Trotz chose the former. He'll probably try to do the same here.

Overall, the Isle are the most aggressive forechecking team in the NHL. This is because their forward group is awful and need to make up for it by forcing turnovers in the offensive zone off the forecheck. They were the only team last year whose HDSCH% decreased when they were trailing- their system isn't built to come from behind. It's basically the antithesis of the Florida Panthers actually (who have high end offensive firepower out the wazoo and a sh!t defense).

Grab the lead early and the 'Canes should be good.

Last edited:

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I welcom that move because our 3rd line is Dzingle-Haula-Necas. Better than the Marty-Wallmark-Svech of yesteryear.
With now Goat on the 4th line (probably)

I know we are going to miss the locker room presence of Martinook badly while he's out, but slotting Goat in on that 4th line could help supercharge our team for a little while. If he can find his scoring touch, knowing the way he played in the preseason....

Yikes

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
I get the feeling of a trap game. Carolina is a much better team. They need to score a early goal and pinch the islanders into a defensive battle.

The Islanders are gonna come out like monsters, I suspect. The Canes ought to be smart enough to realize it. But they weathered the revenge-minded Caps, in DC. I think they can weather the Islanders.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad