OT: New OT Bread

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
I've had alligator, but I've never had beaver or hippo. The alligator was fine, but it is hard to find in California. Other rather odd animals that I have eaten are reindeer (delicious), arctic ox (skip), and rattlesnake (okay).

Reactions: duckaroosky

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
I've had alligator, but I've never had beaver or hippo. The alligator was fine, but it is hard to find in California. Other rather odd animals that I have eaten are reindeer (delicious), arctic ox (skip), and rattlesnake (okay).

Arctic ox? That's rather specific, where did you eat that?

Besides alligator I've also had ostrich, is that considered an odd animal to eat? It was good, their eggs not so much. Also reindeer, that was pretty good. Never snake though.

Let's just all promise to stay away from bats or pangolin, shall we?

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
Arctic ox? That's rather specific, where did you eat that?

Besides alligator I've also had ostrich, is that considered an odd animal to eat? It was good, their eggs not so much. Also reindeer, that was pretty good. Never snake though.

Let's just all promise to stay away from bats or pangolin, shall we?
The arctic ox was in Greenland. There was not a lot of choices on the menu there. It reminded me of our trip to Northern Canada to see the Northern Lights. The restaurant had an extensive menu, but about ¾ of the choices were not available.

You can occasionally find ostrich in various markets, so I don't know if it is odd. On the other hand up in Newfoundland we could find Moose and Seal Flippers in the grocery store, so odd doesn't necessarily mean something that can be found in a market.

I have a heat allergy, which explains our trips to the colder parts of the world.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
The arctic ox was in Greenland. There was not a lot of choices on the menu there. It reminded me of our trip to Northern Canada to see the Northern Lights. The restaurant had an extensive menu, but about ¾ of the choices were not available.

You can occasionally find ostrich in various markets, so I don't know if it is odd. On the other hand up in Newfoundland we could find Moose and Seal Flippers in the grocery store, so odd doesn't necessarily mean something that can be found in a market.

I have a heat allergy, which explains our trips to the colder parts of the world.

Is that what the vampires are calling it now a days? I've never heard of a heat allergy but I have heard of an allergic reaction to cold so it makes sense heat can cause it as well.

The seal flippers would be very weird to see. Wouldn't even know how to prepare it. What sides go with seal flippers?

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
Vampires have a sun allergy.

I don't know how you prepare seal flippers. They were odd looking, and the claws were still on the flippers.

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
Would be nice to have a sports only package for €10 cheaper. But then again, I guess it's the exclusive sports deals that costs them a lot of money. The movies/tv-series is more of a bonus.
Well... there are other ways, but not all of them shall be spoken of :D A couple of times I've ordered the NHL TV. You need a VPN for that though. I find Viaplay awfully expensive as well.

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
Today I found out that I've had no idea what lacrosse really is. I've had this idea of a gentleman's game where you salute your opponents before the match and afterwards hold a tea party with them.

Had Method Man's Boom play in the background and heard parts of the lyrics checks, penalty box and thought it's some sort of a hockey anthem. Found out the PLL in the song probably stands for Premier Lacrosse League though google. Then got curious about body checks in lacrosse, like what the hell that doesn't match my image at all. Little did I know that it's actually a sport for the most vulgar of people (no offense intended to anyone here practicing the sport).

So much for that image.

Magnus the Duck

Nov 7, 2014
Sweden
Shouldn't they be happy you're visiting so they can eat you?
Hmm, yes. I might be wrong about them being vampires. And they are fairly friendly too.

By the way, Isac Lundeström is from Gällivare, which is above the arctic circle. I said polar circle before, it's called "polcirkeln" in Swedish so I got it wrong.

Isn't Santa there, too? Or is that Finland?
Mostly Finland I think.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Hardly hear people talk about going to games anymore.
My cousin went to a Blue Jackets game. Anyone been to any kind of sports games recently ?

Magnus the Duck

Nov 7, 2014
Sweden
I was thinking about cheering sarcastically for another team in the playoffs, who will for sure be out in first round with a Duck fan cheering on them. Carolina maybe, but my eye starts to twitch badly whenever they do their post game antics.

Magnus the Duck

Nov 7, 2014
Sweden
I was thinking of something in the lines of

"Hey look, this team can score on power plays, wheee!"

"What is this new thing, refs are putting opposing players in a box when they hook a player on the team I sarcastically cheer on."

"I never seen.. the coach is putting good players on the ice at a critical moment, wohoo!"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad