Music: New Kendrick Lamar Album

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
The necessity of this GDT has been further reinforced by this follow up album theory.

Please let there be another Easter miracle.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
people wondered what the last letters of each song ended up meaning, when you rearrange the letters:

DEATH 2 THE LEADR

yes i'm fully on this Kenny resurrecting on Sunday train.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
On my 2nd listen, I think the album starts (tracks 2-5) and ends (tracks 11, 12, 14) really strongly but I have very mixed feelings on the middle section.

Bee Sheriff

Bad Boy Postingâ„¢
Nov 9, 2013
Tucson
Not going to get caught up in the easter conspiracy as i don't want to get disappointing but i really like this album. I'd give it a 9/10, where his two "masterpieces" are 10/10s. So it's barely a step below. Strong re-listening value.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Pride is still my favorite track after my second listen. I'm surprised to see so little talk/hype about it. I guess people are overlooking it due to how low key it is.

Also really really loving Duckworth.

TJ21

SURVIVED JIMBOCALYPSE - 12/5/2021
Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
I think it's definitely good, not great, but good. TPAB just raised raised the bar too high, and in fairness to Kendrick I'm not really comparing the 2 at all, as I'm not treating DAMN as a full blown, hashed out album, production wise at least.

With that being said, i legitimately lost my **** when i heard DNA. Disgusting track.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
DUCKWORTH. is the highlight of the whole album for me after 3 listens and probably one of my favourite Kendrick songs. Great storytelling by Kendrick and 9th snapped on all the beats there. When the beat switches to Hiatus Kaiyote's "Atari" (at 2:00) I got those chills.

As for the 2nd album theory, I think it's mostly reaches and is not going to happen. Would be great though lol

void

Jan 5, 2006

So going back to the album cover it.. the theory that it's him right before he dies or gets shot makes a lot of sense considering how the album starts/ends.

Not sure about the back cover tho. It looks grainy and kinda has that old photo vibe, so maybe that's his obituary photo or something? :laugh:

Bee Sheriff

Bad Boy Postingâ„¢
Nov 9, 2013
Tucson
You want a good rap album, I'll post it in this thread. Completely free and smashes Kendrick.

WuTang vs the Beatles

https://wutangvsthebeatles.bandcamp.com/album/enter-the-magical-mystery-chambers

Also, you're welcome, because that's what good hiphop is.

bartolo-colon-swing-and-miss-against-pirates-b.gif

Bee Sheriff

Bad Boy Postingâ„¢
Nov 9, 2013
Tucson

So going back to the album cover it.. the theory that it's him right before he dies or gets shot makes a lot of sense considering how the album starts/ends.

Not sure about the back cover tho. It looks grainy and kinda has that old photo vibe, so maybe that's his obituary photo or something? :laugh:

tumblr_oft6akUZzY1r8uffzo1_500.jpg

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Even with not really liking much of the rest of the album, DNA is so good

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
You want a good rap album, I'll post it in this thread. Completely free and smashes Kendrick.

WuTang vs the Beatles

https://wutangvsthebeatles.bandcamp.com/album/enter-the-magical-mystery-chambers

Also, you're welcome, because that's what good hiphop is.

I had no idea WuTang and the Beatles had to do with Kendrick Lamar's new album, good stuff.

If you don't like Kendrick Lamar then stay out of the thread, simple isnt it?

The producer of God. just tweeted this:

K A N E U S A ✔ @CardoGotWings
U ****** don't even have a clue what's going on. Not a ****ing clue. ��

Last edited:

Turtleneck Plek

Real Life
Mar 23, 2008
Montreal

Definitely feels like there's more than meets the eye. The Kendrick reddit is in full conspiracy mode and some of the conclusions they came to definitely have some legs. Let's see what happens, I'm always down for more Kendrick.

EDIT: I'm somewhat surprised that FEEL. is not getting more love, to me it's the standout track next to DNA. The message of the track is crucial.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I had no idea WuTang and the Beatles had to do with Kendrick Lamar's new album, good stuff.

If you don't like Kendrick Lamar then stay out of the thread, simple isnt it?

I'm ready for the resurrection.

Last edited:

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
I'm mixed. Like someone else said, starts strong and ends pretty strong. Middle is a little weak, IMO.

Definitely not GKMC. Good, though. Like it better than TPAB.

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
It's all just really good marketing. The producers started the conspiracy on reddit, and you're all falling for it hook line and sinker.

These rap threads are ridiculous when you have your own thread for this nonsense, but im a marketing guy so i find this fascinating.

Artists are always trying to find new creative ways to get more buys when their album comes out...gotta say this is very unique

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Through two listens and it doesn't touch GKMC or Section.80, but it's a lot better than TPAB and Untitled.

So far, DNA, Humble, Fear and Duckworth are the standouts. I hate Yah and Love. Everything else is in between. Will give it a few more listens before making a final judgement though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad