Music: New Kendrick Lamar Album

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
There is nothing experimental about anything Kanye has ever done.

Simply not true.

Hate on his personality and public life exploits all you want, but anyone who is a fan of rap/hip-hop who thinks Kanye is trash and/or has no talent instantly loses all credibility with me.

He's not a fantastic rapper but he's one of the most talented producers and song makers of the last 15 years.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
People who say that stuff make me think they've hated rap their whole lives and listens to "Tool" instead

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
TPAB was released at midnight right? Im gonna stay up till 1230 waiting for this :P

Someone actually leaked the clean version on iTunes a week early. Kendrick/tde then said **** it and decided to just drop Borg versions. But yeah IIRC it was around midnight est the leak happened.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
I've been playing around with my Kendrick discography since Humble was released.

I almost forgot how awesome "LOOK OUT FOR DETOX" and "Cartoons & Cereal" are.

"Salt all in my wounds
Hear my tears all in my tunes
Let my life loose in this booth
Just for you, motha****a, hope y'all amused
And I run it (Blow! Blow! Blow! Blow!)"

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I'm not an entertainment mod but lets move the Ye vs. KDot discussion to the hip-hop thread: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2160661&page=7

This discussion is fine there but this thread is dedicated to purely Kendrick's incoming album.

You guys can debate one GOAT against the other GOAT in that thread. :)

My question was more for Voyager personally. I was curious if he thought Kendrick was better. I know he's a Kanye fan so I wanted to know his thoughts. Didn't mean to derail the thread.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
iTunes doesn't have it but Apple Music is showing a 14 track album attributed to Kendrick. No labels or artwork though.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
iTunes says "expected release date" of April 14. It's midnight now, it's not up. It'll probably end up leaking next week, but still... kinda bummed out.

Someone on reddit posted a text message exchange (then deleted because no one believed him) about how his friend who works at Interscope said the album was delayed from the 7th to the 14th because they needed more time to clear some sample.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Looking at the credits, DJ Dahi, BADBADNOTGOOD, Alchemist & 9th Wonder all got beats on this album, damn. A few too many Mike Will beats for my liking though lmao

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $325.00