Music: New Kendrick Lamar Album

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Simply not true.

Hate on his personality and public life exploits all you want, but anyone who is a fan of rap/hip-hop who thinks Kanye is trash and/or has no talent instantly loses all credibility with me.

He's not a fantastic rapper but he's one of the most talented producers and song makers of the last 15 years.

Where did I say he was no good? I just said nothing he did is actually experimental.

Lou Reed's Metal Machine Music is experimental and I think it's pretty bad.

I hate how people associate innovative and good 1:1.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Looks like Humble was originally suppose to drop on the 7th but the cover art leaked early so they just decided to release it then.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Pretty much everything he has done since Section.80 has blown my brain out the back of my head. I expect nothing less for this upcoming week.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Looks like Humble was originally suppose to drop on the 7th but the cover art leaked early so they just decided to release it then.

Interesting.

I read the album was supposed to drop on the 7th, though, but the label couldn't clear a sample on time. I don't know if it's correct.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Late 90s early 2000s looking album cover... Rihanna and U2 the only listed features... *****, Kendrick?

This album is going to be very interesting to say the least.

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way

I can't believe people are complaining about having to wait a ****ing week for something they didn't even know existed a week ago.

tumblr_nas22oIwVa1tbzepzo1_500.gif

void

Jan 5, 2006
I couldn't stop myself from downloading the leak.

Starting my first listen now. :scared:

PM me if you want the link.

edit: ouuuuuuu god damn track two :amazed:

edit #2: at track 6 now and the album is much simpler compared to TPAB so far. Very straightforward. Still excellent tho.

edit #3: Track 7, PRIDE., is my fav track so far. Nothing crazy but I really love the flow and beat.

edit #4: LOVE. sucks. Worst track by far so far (imo).

final edit: Very good album but I'll have to re-listen to it a bunch of times before I make my final verdict.

Just a heads up to everyone who hasn't listened to it yet.. have an open mind is all I'm going to say.

Last edited:

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Definitely a less cohesive album and more simple in terms of songwriting compared to TPAB, but I'm really liking it so far.

There seems to be a few differences between the leak and official version though. FEAR. is almost a minute shorter than the iTunes listed track length.

Standouts: DNA., XXX., FEAR., DUCKWORTH.

Worst songs: LOYALTY., LOVE., GOD.

Last edited:

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Some people are going to HATE this album. Some serious Life of Pablo vibes from it.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $325.00