GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Vancouver Canucks 10PM EST: Groundhog edition

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
I'm done with Zidlicky, he was good for us last year but he's been absolute trash this year.

I can't believe the amount of horrendous turnovers he's been commits night in, night out. To make it worse Debo just keeps throwing him out there every other ****ing shift with zero accountability, sickening to watch.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He didn't like the Winnipeg game, but thought we could have won all 3 of the other games.

Really? He thinks we could have won this game? Outshot 26-12 after two?

Get bent you ****ing idiot.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
Pete probably just looked at the score and said "oh its only 1-0, we're right in this"

anyone with half a brain knew this team wasnt winning tonight, they got dominated

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
lol I lost interest in listening to Pete. If I really heard him say it was an even game I would have laughed too hard to go back to sleep.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
how can anyone tell me that they wouldnt mind losing a LOT the rest of this year if it means we could get one of the big 2?

Ha, yeah right. Lou will just trade for more middling veteran third liners so we can keep sucking. Trading Zidlicky, Ryder, Brunner, etc for mid round picks and playing guys like Matteau, Boucher, and Sislo just makes too much sense.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I feel bad for Schneider, he played well and the team in front of him looked like a bunch of zombies. He's probably very upset.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
it's going to be funny when Lou does leave because he really is respected by players and a lot of the ppl who come here to play he is a big reason for it.

this team will be as desirable to come too as WPG is once the old guard ships out. That's when the rebuild will be begin but I'm not sure this franchise will survive it.

Sure Harris and Blitzer say now that they'll never sell but does the tune change 3 yrs into the rebuild and we are drawing 6k a night ?

Devilsfanatic0421

"You're next"
Feb 24, 2012
Can Deboer ever call it like it is, instead of trying to sugarcoat a turd? Seriously...at least then I'd respect him a little bit

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Its a tough schedule a head folks, they could lose all three games. They never beat Detroit, the Islanders are on fire, and the Pens are the Pens.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Very frustrating being a Devils fan yet again this year.

Things I am frustrated about:

I love Elias but he has been a huge steaming pile of garbage this year. It is like he has had 80% of his skill sucked out of his body. He has not even come close to scoring and fumble f$&@&s the puck whenever he has it.

Zajac is not a 1st line C , he has no touch what so ever, none ,zip , zero , nadda, zilch.he is a good 2nd line C.. That's it.

Zubrus is a 4th liner getting paid like a 2/3rd liner.

Players like Larsson Rutuu JJ busting their arses off and actually creating offence , get some of the lowest TOI while Elias, Petey JR , Ryder , get more and have jack sh^t to show for it.

Launch Petey JR into space already , so sick of him especially when he is overused as he is. He is a decent #7 dman in a pinch... Not someone you put on the ice when down by 2 with the goalie pulled.

Sit Elias for a game or two until he pulls his head out of his a$$

More Henrique to the first line between Jagr and Cams.

More Zajac to second line with Rutuu and Havlat

Launch Gio into space with Petey JR. His sweet like 12% face off percentage is bush league.

Only forwards on current roster worth keeping past this season is Cams and Henrique, Zajac as a 2nd line C , JJ , maybe Havlat and Rutuu.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Also if you are going to quote deboer use the full quote dont spin it for your agenda
New Jersey Devils ‏@NHLDevils 40s40 seconds ago
DeBoer: "The first 10 minutes, we looked a little overwhelmed in the game. From then on, I thought it was a pretty even game."

StnTwnDevil

May 15, 2012
NJ
He said "A pretty even game"

Shots were 17-5 in the first. The scoring chances in that period were almost dead even after the Devils played most of the last 10 min in their zone.

The 2nd period the Devils spent almost no time in the offensive zone and somehow were only out-shot by 2. That was the real ugly period.

My suggestion is to forget about the stupid shot clock. A lot of the time it's not indicative of the play.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't see how we're gonna win any of these next three games.

We'll probably get some points though, likely after blowing some big lead instead of a regulation win.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
it's going to be funny when Lou does leave because he really is respected by players and a lot of the ppl who come here to play he is a big reason for it.

this team will be as desirable to come too as WPG is once the old guard ships out. That's when the rebuild will be begin but I'm not sure this franchise will survive it.

Sure Harris and Blitzer say now that they'll never sell but does the tune change 3 yrs into the rebuild and we are drawing 6k a night ?

Yeah, sell the team that's attached to the building they just bought and invested in and make them move. Genius. I love how a weeknight November loss to Vancouver turns into the franchise folding. Yeah, they suck right now. Calm down with the theatrical nonsense. Would it be the worst thing in the world if Brian Burke was our new gm? I'd be pretty damn excited.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL

Can it really get much worse though? Obviously they could be the Edmonton and Buffalo kind of bad but right now is just about the lowest I've ever felt about this team. If they had an actual direction and plan then I think more people would be understanding of the situation but were just spinning our wheels mud and getting by velociraptors like Newman on Jurassic Park.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida

Maybe I'm just drunk but I think the team will draw more with a young, fast roster of guys, even if they lose nightly - than whatever it is they're icing now.

This game nearly put me to sleep.

NHL Fanatik*

WHICH MEANS NJ WINS MCDAVID!! Lou is besties with Bettman, and as his last wish he will ask for McDavid, and Bettman knows this will keep a franchise in NJ! Its genius!

Or Arizona needs it more. Probably.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Yeah, sell the team that's attached to the building they just bought and invested in and make them move. Genius. I love how a weeknight November loss to Vancouver turns into the franchise folding. Yeah, they suck right now. Calm down with the theatrical nonsense. Would it be the worst thing in the world if Brian Burke was our new gm? I'd be pretty damn excited.

my main point was the desire to play here...i went a bit on a tangent thats true point does stand though, place will be a ghost town once the rebuild starts and especially if its a extended one.

Burke won't come here he's done being a GM he could of been the GM in CGY if he wanted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad