GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Vancouver Canucks 10PM EST: Groundhog edition

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
YOUR NEW JERSEY DEVILS (9-9-3) vs Vancouver Canucks (14-6-1)
10:00PM EST
MSG+

Where?

3408775.jpg

New Jersey Line up

Cammalleri-Zajac-Jagr
Henrique-Elias-Havlat
Zubrus-Gionta-Bernier
Ruutu-Josefson-Ryder.
Brunner, Tootoo.

Greene-Severson
Harrold-Zidlicky
Helgeson-Larsson
Gelinas-Merrill.

Schneider

So we blew another lead again? This seems familiar...

giphy.gif

Are we sad that we keep repeating the same game over and over?

UtT6Mq4.jpg

Well its now time for a change. The groundhog is running the show!

u7Oqqcw.jpg

Lead Cory and the guys to his homecoming in Vancouver brave groundhog!!!

No way we blow another lead!

giphy.gif

...but if we do...

tumblr_mhibxmCJaf1rc407qo1_400.gif

Go Groundho...I mean Devils!!!!

Now let's intensify

627_zpse1cbecbf.gif

*Credit to RG for photoshop help*

Last edited by a moderator:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Great job! LOVE this GDT and Groundhog Day!

Do not love the prospect of this game being Groundhog Day-esque though. :help::cry:

Devils1029

Jun 19, 2008
I hate 10pm games!!! Might be able to make it to the second period but my but will be dragging tomorrow. Sux getting up at 5:30am. Hope we have a 5-0 lead by the 2nd - that lead "just might" be safe.

With Bernier and now Harrold back in the lineup, us blowing leads again, fans calling for Deboer's head, being out of playoff position, Lou doing nothing, and the team being lead in points by old man Jagr, this really has become Groundhog Day! All we need is Larsson back in the doghouse and to lose another shoot out.

So what scrub will Lou trade Josefson for at the deadline?

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
With the storm coming in, I'm probably working from home tomorrow so I can be groggy and still get by!! Should be a fun start to the holiday weekend

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
How Pete will welcome Harrold:

ixgp_zps54c03846.gif

How we'd like to welcome him:

crazy-funny-gifs-groundhog-day-punch.gif

Combat Koala

Tough buildings never die
Oct 29, 2014
I hate 10pm games!!! Might be able to make it to the second period but my but will be dragging tomorrow. Sux getting up at 5:30am. Hope we have a 5-0 lead by the 2nd - that lead "just might" be safe.

With Bernier and now Harrold back in the lineup, us blowing leads again, fans calling for Deboer's head, being out of playoff position, Lou doing nothing, and the team being lead in points by old man Jagr, this really has become Groundhog Day! All we need is Larsson back in the doghouse and to lose another shoot out.

So what scrub will Lou trade Josefson for at the deadline?
I hate 10pm games too. 10pm = 5am in here when the game starts. Kinda hard to watch the NHL when the games start so late.

Also more like Groundhog Year with blowing the leads and everything. Last year we had the shootouts, this year we have the 50 minute games.

IntangiBo

Aug 15, 2014
Didn't want to start a thread:

Can anyone suggest where in Midtown Manhattan to catch the Devils/Canucks game at a bar? It felt like I was speaking French last game in Brooklyn asking for the Hawks/Canucks.

Quick yelp shows Jimmy's on W44.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Didn't want to start a thread:

Can anyone suggest where in Midtown Manhattan to catch the Devils/Canucks game at a bar? It felt like I was speaking French last game in Brooklyn asking for the Hawks/Canucks.

Quick yelp shows Jimmy's on W44.

The Flying Puck is a dedicated hockey bar and will definitely put the Devils game on for you, especially since the Rangers aren't playing tonight.

http://www.theflyingpuck.com/

Also, if you have an iPhone, download the "Sports Bar Finder" app from DirecTV and filter for Center Ice. That's what I do when I travel, though I also call ahead since some place show up as having Center Ice but then claim they don't.

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
lou-9.gif~original

"I'll give you a winter prediction: It's gonna be cold, it's gonna be grey, and it's gonna last you for the rest of your life."

wellonegm05*

Yup, as I said last week, it was only a matter of time before Peter Harrold ends up back in the line up. At the expense of our kids. What an absolute disgrace. I'm not even going to bother calling people out by name, but its funny when even the most ardent DeBoer supporters downplayed bringing Harrold on this trip as only an "insurance policy in case anyone gets hurts". Yea, ok. What an embarrassment.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 2m2 minutes ago
Line combinations & defense pairs same at Devils' morning skate as in Monday's practice. Tootoo, Brunner, Gelinas are the extra healthy guys

yep, Harrold is in

Khione

Swede or Turnip?
Jul 24, 2013
Duna
Great GDT!

Win-or fire Deboer. Win-win.

Now pete has all his pets in the line-up.

Gio, bernier and harrold. I expect a 6-0 win for the devils because deboer is a superduper coach and knows exactly what he is doing. The harrold's, bernier's and Gionta's of the world will lead us to victory!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad