GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Vancouver Canucks 10PM EST: Groundhog edition

StnTwnDevil

May 15, 2012
NJ
everyone should've known Harrold would get more ice time than Larsson at the time he was paired with Zidlicky. Everything is so predictable with them.

Inb4 someone says we're spoiled and should appreciate the fact the Devils are close to a playoff spot.

Why does Harrold's icetime matter when the entire team played like they were sleep walking?

This really is just not a good team. Too many of these games similar to that last loss against the Jets.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Wish we played in the west we'd be guranteed a top 2 pick:laugh:

Oh god I don't even want to imagine...people say we're not Edmonton but Edmonton's actually had a Devil-like record against East teams, it's just they can't win a single game against the West. Our only win on this trip the last two years was a shutout against Edmonton ironically enough.

Horus

Teh boss
Mar 18, 2010
Canada,Qc.
i don't think people realize how bad they have been over the past few years. They were in the bottom 5-10 team in the league for a good chunk last year.

And the worst thing about that is that we have absolutely no ****ing legit prospect up front. There's just no way out of this. We better get used to sucking because we sure as hell ain't going to contend this year or even the next I would say.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Why does Harrold's icetime matter when the entire team played like they were sleep walking?

This really is just not a good team. Too many of these games similar to that last loss against the Jets.

It's just indiciative of the horrid decision making/player management the last couple years. And Harrold/Zid happened to be on for both goals though they were clearly on Zid.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
how can anyone tell me that they wouldnt mind losing a LOT the rest of this year if it means we could get one of the big 2?

Devilsfanatic0421

"You're next"
Feb 24, 2012
Last season we were dominating the fancy stats and possession and lacking punch, luck and goaltending.

This season we are basically last years Leafs without the speed and skill.

So what changed?

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
how can anyone tell me that they wouldnt mind losing a LOT the rest of this year if it means we could get one of the big 2?

the Devils wont let it happen, Lou has too much dumb pride to embrace throwing away the season. we'll end up drafting 9th or 10th or something

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
The Devils are basically the Calgary Flames of a few years ago, a directionless middle of the pack team. Its time to sell and get younger, look at the Flames now - they're not a Cup contender but they've got youth, speed, and they're fun to watch.

Its time. I fought it all season, but its really time to turn the page on a lot of these vets. Its not working.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York

It matters because Harrold is AHL fodder who comes into the lineup for one game and automatically commands more ice time then our 1st round pick from 2011. I'm usually pretty forgiving when it comes to PDB but he simply can't control himself. He has his pets and it's pretty infuriating watching this piss poor roster stumble up and down the ice for 2 1/2 hours, only to have his **** roster management sprinkled on top of that.

Horus

Teh boss
Mar 18, 2010
Canada,Qc.

If the lottery odds hadn't changed, I would definitely be on the tank bandwagon. I am beyond sick of this mediocrity. A player the caliber of Mcdavid or eichel could finally get us somewhere.

NYDevil

Jan 7, 2012
New York
I was so spoiled as a kid growing up with all the stanley cups. Glad I can deal with the losing now that I'm a little older. We suck.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

And where's the guarantee they will get one of the big two even if they do finish behind everyone sans Buffalo? They'd only have about a 13% chance at the top pick and a very real chance of getting booted out of the top two entirely.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
The Devils are basically the Calgary Flames of a few years ago, a directionless middle of the pack team. Its time to sell and get younger, look at the Flames now - they're not a Cup contender but they've got youth, speed, and they're fun to watch.

Its time. I fought it all season, but its really time to turn the page on a lot of these vets. Its not working.

We've been saying the Devils are basically the Flames for three seasos now but our front office is too idiotic to realize it.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We sucked because it's an emotional night here and Vancouver is a good home team.

Good one Pete. No tough building?

StnTwnDevil

May 15, 2012
NJ

I think that actually would be a successful year for the Devils, if they actually do land one of those picks after the new lottery.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I had to stomach Tim Rattay QB the 9ers...this is nothing :laugh:

OT but your franchise had 25 years of Montana and Young...hell even Jeff Garcia's a ton better than almost anything my football team's thrown out there the last thirty years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad