GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Philadelphia Flyers: The Walking Dead Edition

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
Awesome! Maybe I'll catch you in the Sharks forum later on too!

Hoping for a better effort than that turd sandwich against Buffalo, which in all rights should have been a win before that missed goal.

And I'm not looking forward to the Sharks game! Will be an easy shutout for Nemo likely, and probably another hat trick like the Thornton one the last time we played in the Shark Tank!:laugh:

We can at least look forward to Jumbo scoring 4 :naughty:

I just really, really want to see Marty play in SJ. I'd love to see him once before he's gone. He taught Nemo how to scorpion, though Nemo lost on style points.

As is most of the league :laugh: :cry:

Wait, does that count when you do it against your own team? :laugh:

Semak

:handclap:Awesome GDT

LGD

Win or lose, I still won't be satisfied, so go and do whatever.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Emery has confidence vs the Red & Black

I think the red and black have NO confidence at all. That's what the problem was the last game. Most of their quality chances either went wide or hit the posts. That shutout was probably one of the easiest ones I've seen in 10 years. No exaggeration. Marty's 6 save shutout against the Maple Leafs in the 2000 playoffs may have been harder than that one.

Emery has been the leagues worst goaltender since the year 2007. No one has a lower save percentage in that time. Marty has been better the last 3 years than Emery has the last 6, and many people were calling for Marty to retire last year. I think I remember reading a post by you particularly DD where you called for him to retire too. Emery has been worse than him.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
I would just like to congratulate you guys in advance on tonight's victory.

Meszaros is AWFUL, and I can't wait for another dose of Hal Gill in orange; especially since Schenn has been solid. Not to mention Emery's post to post lateral movement resembles that of a sloth.

Once again, Congrats. Try not to lay it on too harshly tonight.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Meszaros is AWFUL, and I can't wait for another dose of Hal Gill in orange; especially since Schenn has been solid. Not to mention Emery's post to post lateral movement resembles that of a sloth.

Why are you so convinced we'll win tonight? We just got shutout by Emery the other night.:laugh:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You just know the Flyers wouldn't have started Emery against any other team. This is the first time this season he's being started in a non back to back.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Emery didn't even have to move in the last game.

Jossipov

Patty's Better
Oct 7, 2010
Bronx, NY

You posted this same exact comment the last game!
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?p=73703767
Begone you black magic voodoo priest!
You can not fool me demon.

I see your evil plan and therefore throw it back at you.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
You posted this same exact comment the last game!
Begone you black magic voodoo priest!

MOD delete this jinx!

:handclap::handclap:

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to notice :laugh:. All in good fun.

Although, it worked last time, and I didn't do it for Tuesday's loss at Carolina, so I figured if I do it and we win tonight, I might have something here!! :lol:

Hopefully this game doesn't look ECHL caliber for both teams involved again, but I have my doubts.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Devs' lines in warm-up: Zubrus-Loktionov-Jagr; Tedenby-Henrqiue-Ryder; Brunner-Zajac-Bernier; Carter-Gionta-Janssen.

Our lines for the night. Hopefully we see VERY LITTLE of that 4th line.

Devs' D pairs: Greene-Harrold; Volchenkov-Zidlicky; Gelinas-Larsson. Goalie: Brodeur (vs. Emery).

Also our D pairs.

Big news....NO VOLCH-HARROLD!!!!!

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Devs' lines in warm-up: Zubrus-Loktionov-Jagr; Tedenby-Henrqiue-Ryder; Brunner-Zajac-Bernier; Carter-Gionta-Janssen.

Our lines for the night. Hopefully we see VERY LITTLE of that 4th line.

Devs' D pairs: Greene-Harrold; Volchenkov-Zidlicky; Gelinas-Larsson. Goalie: Brodeur (vs. Emery).

Also our D pairs.

Big news....NO VOLCH-HARROLD!!!!!

Oh great! No Volch-Harrold but Harrold on the top pairing with Greene instead!:help:

Also that second line sucks. Tedenby really stinking up the joint. Can we switch spots with Tedenby and Brunner?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Oh great! No Volch-Harrold but Harrold on the top pairing with Greene instead!:help:

Also that second line sucks. Tedenby really stinking up the joint. Can we switch spots with Tedenby and Brunner?

At least any screw ups should be better covered then cement skates Volch.

I don't mind the lines much at all, but I agree with you I prefer to switch Tedy and Brunner.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
nice lines for the AHL team tonight

can someone post the NHL lines though?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Their top 6 looks better than ours. TedenBUST is not an NHL player. Can't wait to see him as a scratch at the very least. But he hasn't gotten a chance!:laugh:

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Great GDT!!!!!!:yo::handclap::amazed:

We're gonna break more records tonight guys!!!

Per TG:

"The Devil have never been shut out in three consecutive games, but going a another 10:13 without scoring tonight would give them the second longest goal-less streak in team history, surpassing the current second longest streak of 159 minutes and 18 seconds from Dec. 21 to Dec. 27, 2008.

The Devils’ record for the longest goal drought is 178 minutes and 12 seconds from March 22 to March 30, 2011. The franchise record of 185 minutes and 44 seconds without a goal was set from Nov. 27 to Dec. 4, 1974 during the franchise’s inaugural season in Kansas City."

With this lineup, it's certainly possible:shakehead:cry::help:

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
nice lines for the AHL team tonight

can someone post the NHL lines though?

The AHL team doesnt play today

edit:

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.jpg

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Bleed will like this stat

Todd Cordell ‏@ToddCordell 46s
In nine games Peter Harrold has a -32 hit differential. Guy gets tossed around like a football out there.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
vBsZh86.jpg

Meant to post this sooner for good luck, hope to start something good. Great GDT though!

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Tonight's 3 Stars:

1. Cangiolosi (3G)
2. Earl (2G 2A)
3. Placey (0.0GAA, 1.000sv%)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad