GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Philadelphia Flyers: The Walking Dead Edition

hlaverty06

Feb 11, 2012
NJ all day
Peter Harrold got his chance for being a good steady 7th Defensemen when he was called upon and due to our lack of PP Qb's LAST YEAR, Pete is now thinking the 29 year old Harrold is going to magically solve our D problems, he gets shoved around and its painful to watch.

Greene-Fayne
Larsson-Gelinas
A train/Sal-Zidlicky

that should be the D, end of story.

JerryGigantic

Old Skool
Jul 17, 2006
New York
Peter Harrold got his chance for being a good steady 7th Defensemen when he was called upon and due to our lack of PP Qb's LAST YEAR, Pete is now thinking the 29 year old Harrold is going to magically solve our D problems, he gets shoved around and its painful to watch.

Greene-Fayne
Larsson-Gelinas
A train/Sal-Zidlicky

that should be the D, end of story.

Seconded. We shall see what happens when Sal is healthy. We may get that, actually. As the personnel are up to Lou, not Pete.

hlaverty06

Feb 11, 2012
NJ all day
I hope you also realize Fayne won't be re-signing unless Pete is gone. Theres some beef between the two

We better trade him near deadline.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
A nice 6-0 blowout at the hands of the Flyers will all but bury Pete. Heck. I think a nice 3-0 loss will do that.

Am i the only one quietly rooting for a loss so we can get this over with?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Petey Jr back in over Fayne?:facepalm: Nice one Dumbeor!:rant::rant:

I think we have a new coach for Game # 21.

If I could put money on it in Vegas, I would.

Either game 21 which is before the California trip, or game 24 which is after the California trip. It can't come soon enough IMO. Of course we might win a couple games between now and then which could keep the life support machines on Dumbeor even longer.:shakehead

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
LOL that lineup were icing tonight is an absolute disgrace. So much fail. I honestly don't know if I want to watch this would be trainwreck since its just going to ruin the start of my weekend.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
A nice 6-0 blowout at the hands of the Flyers will all but bury Pete. Heck. I think a nice 3-0 loss will do that.

I never root for this team to lose, but whatever gets us closer to his firing which I do feel is imminent. Lou might be letting him use all the excuses though. No Elias, no Zajac for a couple games last week, MOST of the games being on the road so far.

schoenfeld

2 Way Contract
Dec 10, 2006
this game is going to be unwatchable then cam gets into a garbage time fight, chico looks increasingly disgusted on the postgame

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The defense has actually been playing better since Fayne has been in. We've given up less than 3 goals 3 times in the last 5 games. Before that I think we only went one game all season where we gave up less than 3 goals.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL

My dad did the same thing with Lane Kiffin and USC and I think I'm starting to warm up to the idea of seeing them lose as much as possible so this clown can get humiliated even more. These are easily some of the worst player personnel decisions I have ever witnessed. It's like he's trying to tank but nobody told him we don't have a first rounder.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The defense has actually been playing better since Fayne has been in. We've given up less than 3 goals 3 times in the last 5 games. Before that I think we only went one game all season where we gave up less than 3 goals.

Ehhh but how much of that is Fayne in, Harrold out, or the fact that Gelly and Larsson are playing like a monster pairing?

I still rather Fayne play, but I dont think he was the cause of better play (honestly he hasn't looked that great).

Also in no way rooting for a lose. I want a win tonight, a convincing one at that.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
My dad did the same thing with Lane Kiffin and USC and I think I'm starting to warm up to the idea of seeing them lose as much as possible so this clown can get humiliated even more. These are easily some of the worst player personnel decisions I have ever witnessed. It's like he's trying to tank but nobody told him we don't have a first rounder.
They are some dumb lineup decisions. I don't blame him completely for Janssen coming up, but I do think he had a little something to do with it. Only because of his quote last week about different ways to spark your team and one of them being a ''Tough guy on the 4th line''.
Ehhh but how much of that is Fayne in, Harrold out, or the fact that Gelly and Larsson are playing like a monster pairing?

I still rather Fayne play, but I dont think he was the cause of better play (honestly he hasn't looked that great).

Also in no way rooting for a lose. I want a win tonight, a convincing one at that.

I think Fayne has been playing good for the most part. The first time he came in the lineup he wasn't good though. That was before this last stretch where he was actually playing for I don't remember how many games in a row. A below average Fayne is still better than even an average Harrold IMO.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
Long term does anyone have faith in this team under Pete? And by long term I don't mean rest of season. I mean what impact, if any, does Pete have on pending free agents and potential free agent targets?

I think it's all negative. I have no faith. I rather lose a few games here and have Pete canned. It's our only hope for a change, and a positive one at that, and some sort of growth and future.

Captain Lou

Apr 2, 2004
There is no way Pete gets canned before tomorrow's game. And I don't think it would happen right before the Cali trip either, you can't bring in a new coach just the team goes out on a long roadie...

It will come after we lose to the Rags on Tuesday. A loss to them gives Lou all the excuses he needs to kick this dingbat to the curb. Plus there are two days off, followed by back to back home games. I don't think Lou would let a dead coach sleepwalk through games vs. LA and PIT.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
I wish Lou had the old Lou bravado. This wouldn't be an issue. I would have the utmost faith in Lou firing this guy the moment the lineup was released and he saw the same nonsense that got them into this mess.

I just don't know if an older Lou with a reputation for firing coaches for wearing the wrong tie is capable of being no nonsense in this regard anymore. And it worries me. Part of not believing in a rebuild, part of our old swagger was Lou not putting up with ********. And we've put up with a ton of ******** with Pete.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Long term does anyone have faith in this team under Pete? And by long term I don't mean rest of season. I mean what impact, if any, does Pete have on pending free agents and potential free agent targets?

I think it's all negative. I have no faith. I rather lose a few games here and have Pete canned. It's our only hope for a change, and a positive one at that, and some sort of growth and future.

No I don't see this team doing **** long term under Dumbeor. I don't know if I see them doing anything under a new coach either, but it's guaranteed nothing will happen under him IMO. He's done. I'm still not for making a coaching change just to make a coaching change. If Stevens is the answer or some bum, just leave Pete there until the season ends.

I don't root for losses, but my fear is that we win a few games between now and the 20 game mark. We'd still only have 6 wins in 20 games which is still putrid. Those 6 wins might save Pete's job though. If he really is on very thin ground, I'm okay with a couple losses if it gets him out of here faster. Long term I think it might be better for us to lose a couple now, then hang on to Pete even longer after we get a few wins, and stink it up even longer.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
They are some dumb lineup decisions. I don't blame him completely for Janssen coming up, but I do think he had a little something to do with it. Only because of his quote last week about different ways to spark your team and one of them being a ''Tough guy on the 4th line''.

I think Fayne has been playing good for the most part. The first time he came in the lineup he wasn't good though. That was before this last stretch where he was actually playing for I don't remember how many games in a row. A below average Fayne is still better than even an average Harrold IMO.

Oh I agree, I much rather Fayne just saying I don't think he is the reason at all for the team playing better defensively. That is more Gelly, and the fire it lit under Larsson's ass.

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
It's sad, but I'm at the point where I have *no* confidence in this team right now.

Sensing a fail GIF kind of night.

jackass-ball-2.gif

Khione

Swede or Turnip?
Jul 24, 2013
Duna
Yes i want Deboer gone. He is not good with our young players and just that will get him fired in my book.

But i still think they can turn this around. They need Elias and the defence to play absolut great and get solid goaltending. Then they could win some games 2-1,3-1,3-2.

And fix the entries on the PP please... Its sad to see them slowly entering the zone on the PP. Just to lose the puck. But as soon as the oppositions player gets out of the penalty box. Devils starts too dump and chase heavy and gaining the zone again...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->