GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Minnesota Wild - Sunday, November 3, 2013

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
BIK1cdwCAAE0nAW.jpg:large

Seriously considering wearing one next home game.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Like there is a choice in the matter? Like it was a intentional thing.
Kovy is gone, he is never coming back, there is nothing anyone could have done, and he hates you and me.

Some people believe we nudged Kovy out the door. Some would have gladly kicked him out if they had a choice (cough Jim cough) because they believed we'd go back to 100-point seasons left and right with all our 20-goal scorers. 2003 all over again!

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
with a little luck by the rest of the metropolitan and another loss to philly on the road we should be well solidified near the bottom of the league for good by weeks end

this is gonna really suck

Jossipov

Patty's Better
Oct 7, 2010
Bronx, NY
Completely missed it....
THAT DEPTH AND DEVILS HOCKEY

What I mean is going for depth is/was the only choice. There was literally nothing else that could be done. There was no other Kovalchuks or Parises or even friggen Clarksons out there for us.
This team fell into a really bad spot with very few options on how to recover from it.
It's not really that it was more preferable...it's just it was the only thing that could happen.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
What I mean is going for depth is/was the only choice. There was literally nothing else that could be done. There was no other Kovalchuks or Parises or even friggen Clarksons out there for us.
This team fell into a really bad spot with very few options on how to recover from it.

They could have gone into complete rebuild mode.

That was the other option. Now it seems like the rebuild has just been delayed.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Boy I'm sure glad we drove 8 hours to see that game.:rant:

I've pretty much just accepted that we're going to be bad this year.

Mory Schneideur*

My app shows Brodeur & Cory split, is this just an error?

NJDevils1

May 14, 2010
In the last two games we've given up 19 and 21 shots. that looks pretty good right

Well

we've also only got 14 shots against philly and 19 tonight.

Ray Emery & Josh Harding with shutouts. come on

Wizeman*

Canucks fan here who is also a Devils fan.

I think Marty can still play. If I were you guys I would sell Cory plus a bit to the Islanders for Strome or Reinhart.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
In the last two games we've given up 19 and 21 shots. that looks pretty good right

Well

we've also only got 14 shots against philly and 19 tonight.

Ray Emery & Josh Harding with shutouts. come on

they have not been outplayed ...they just need tons of chances to score goals and if they don't get the timely scoring they struggle... it's not a dynamic team in anyway shape or form they are not very good in any one area of the game...they lack grit, speed, finish, playmaking everything really that a team needs to win consistently in NHL ..... I don't think debeor is the best coach for this team at this point but by no means do I think they are not good because of him like some do....they have been unlucky with free agency etc. in past years and are paying for it now

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I hope people still want to boo Parise in March if we're 50 games out...I'll sell, sell, sell those tickets and get some money back instead of watching another disgrace.

Devils1029

Jun 19, 2008
Canucks fan here who is also a Devils fan.

I think Marty can still play. If I were you guys I would sell Cory plus a bit to the Islanders for Strome or Reinhart.

Better chance to sell him to Edmonton for their 1st rounder....but chalk that up in the "IT AINT HAPPENING" bucket.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
My app shows Brodeur & Cory split, is this just an error?

Yeah it's just an error. I saw the boxscore say both were in at one point, but Marty didn't play in this game at all.

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
It's not really that it was more preferable...it's just it was the only thing that could happen.

Why are you trying to make a point I'm not even refuting?

The bottom line is that after he quit on us certain suspects tried to downplay his importance to the club and acted like the team would be better off as a whole. Embarrassing.

Would be nice to have a go to scorer right about now....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad