GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Minnesota Wild - Sunday, November 3, 2013

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Canucks fan here who is also a Devils fan.

I think Marty can still play. If I were you guys I would sell Cory plus a bit to the Islanders for Strome or Reinhart.

For another year or two at most.

Plus, I don't see NYI giving up Reinhart but maybe Strome.

Elias2626

Aug 1, 2013
Here's a list of players that I would be open to trading in order to create a new future. What do you all think each player could net as a return?

Dainius Zubrus:
Jaromir Jagr:
Damien Brunner:
Michael Ryder:
Mattias Tedenby:

Mark Fayne:
Marek Zidlicky:
Anton Volchenkov:

Elias2626

Aug 1, 2013
On another note .... that may have been the poorest lineup we have iced this decade. Think about this.... from our cup final team in 2012, the lineup we iced tonight was that lineup minus Parise, Kovalchuk, Clarkson, Elias, and Zajac. Those are our five best forwards of the last three years, and none of them played tonight. What do we expect honestly? The personnel on this team aside from a handful of players is a disgrace.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
Here's a list of players that I would be open to trading in order to create a new future. What do you all think each player could net as a return?

Dainius Zubrus:
Jaromir Jagr:
Damien Brunner:
Michael Ryder:
Mattias Tedenby:

Mark Fayne:
Marek Zidlicky:
Anton Volchenkov:

Dainius Zubrus: 3rd
Jaromir Jagr: 2nd
Damien Brunner: 3rd
Michael Ryder: 2nd + prospect
Mattias Tedenby: Stamkos

Mark Fayne: 2nd
Marek Zidlicky: 2nd
Anton Volchenkov: Duchene

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013

Dainius Zubrus:3RD
Jaromir Jagr:1ST and a prospect
Damien Brunner:2ND
Michael Ryder:2ND-3RD
Mattias Tedenby:Nothing, packaged with someone else to upgrade a return

Mark Fayne:2ND-3RD
Marek Zidlicky:1ST-2ND
Anton Volchenkov:4TH

That's my take at least.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I would trade any player on the team except for Patty, Merrill, Henrique, larsson and Gelinas. I'd honestly consider getting a king's ransom for schneider too bc he probably won't resign with this joke of a team. If he could sign anywhere, why would he choose to stay on this garbage ass team? Stockpile the picks in any way possible, can pete, and tell lou to resign. This **** needs to be blown up.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
I would trade any player on the team except for Patty, Merrill, Henrique, larsson and Gelinas. I'd honestly consider getting a king's ransom for schneider too bc he probably won't resign with this joke of a team. If he could sign anywhere, why would he choose to stay on this garbage ass team? Stockpile the picks in any way possible, can pete, and tell lou to resign. This **** needs to be blown up.

The only reason I wouldn't trade Schneider is then..How the HELL do we get another goalie?

Mory Schneideur*

You guys are nuts with the trade talk. Last I checked we have had somewhere like 6 guys on IR, 7 if you count Merrill (hope not). What do you expect?

Elias, Zajac, Salvador, Volchenkov, Schneider. All core or veteran players with roles.
Clowe, Harrold, Merrill. Guys we certainly could use at this point.

Thats 1/3 of our roster injured with guys at every position.

Edit: From those injuries I want to see Elias, Zajac, Schneider, Clowe & Merrill on this team. The other guys can retire for all I care.

Jossipov

Patty's Better
Oct 7, 2010
Bronx, NY
Part of the thing to remember is this team never really had that "suck for a few year rebuild", where it could accumulate top of the line draft picks. That's just what happens when you ice a competitive team for almost 2 decades. At the same time they get/got hit hard with Free Agency (and random Russian retirements) meaning they havent been able to keep a lot of the guys they did develop. In the mean time the core player who were lifers got older. The two of those factors combined made a seemless transition from the glory days of the 2003 Devils to the 2013 Devils not really work, losing Kovy and Parise pretty much put the kabosh on that, and there isnt an easy plan B. On top of that, right now they are playing without even the high end talent they have left.

Jossipov

Patty's Better
Oct 7, 2010
Bronx, NY
The only reason I wouldn't trade Schneider is then..How the HELL do we get another goalie?

I feel you. I do not want to lose him.
On the other hand, we've had soooo many pieces leave and get nothing in return the last few that I think most of us are just scared we'll have no choice in the matter other than lose him in 2014 for something or in 2015 for nothing

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Part of the thing to remember is this team never really had that "suck for a few year rebuild", where it could accumulate top of the line draft picks. That's just what happens when you ice a competitive team for almost 2 decades. At the same time they get/got hit hard with Free Agency (and random Russian retirements) meaning they havent been able to keep a lot of the guys they did develop. In the mean time the core player who were lifers got older. The two of those factors combined made a seemless transition from the glory days of the 2003 Devils to the 2013 Devils not really work, losing Kovy and Parise pretty much put the kabosh on that, and there isnt an easy plan B. On top of that, right now they are playing without even the high end talent they have left.

All of that is fair, but it's more of a "how we got here" rather than a "how do we fix it".

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It is really obvious are missing Zajac and Elias badly. PP looks awful without the two. Zajac to win a face off, and Elias for everything.

Zajac isn't playing up to his contract, but he does a lot off the puck and in the dot that makes the team better.

Elias goes without saying.

This weekend is hard to figure out. So many bodies missing from the lineup right after it looked like we were starting to turn things around. Missing two big forwards, and skating with only 5 defensemen all night has a lot to do with the bad play.

I'd like to see them Thursday with a healthier line up and see if this team was actually about to turn things around, or if they are going no where.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
I feel you. I do not want to lose him.
On the other hand, we've had soooo many pieces leave and get nothing in return the last few that I think most of us are just scared we'll have no choice in the matter other than lose him in 2014 for something or in 2015 for nothing

Hopefully, Lou will do the smart thing. Attempt to re-sign Schneider to an extension next summer. If Schneider wants to wait a la Parise, assume the worst and deal him to mitigate his leaving.

I'm not against dealing him if we have to, I would try and re-sign him first.

The other players I'd deal THIS deadline. Schneider would be an offseason move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad