GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Minnesota Wild - Sunday, November 3, 2013

devsfan4life

Aug 13, 2007
FL
Your New Jersey Devils (3-6-4) AT Minnesota Wild (7-4-3)

Sunday, November 3, 2013 8:00 P.M. ET​
Where:

Wild.jpg

TV:
msgplus1.jpg

New Jersey Devils

NJ-Devils-Logo.jpg

FORWARDS:
Zubrus-Loktionov-Jagr
Tedenby-Henrique-Ryder
Olesz-Josefson-Brunner
Carter-Gionta-Bernier

DEFENSE:
Greene-Zidlicky
Gelinas-Larsson
Merrill-Fayne
Volchenkov

Starting Goaltender:

Cory Schneider

9012738.jpg

Minnesota Wild

Minnesota-Wild-logo.jpg

FORWARDS:
Parise-Koivu-Fontaine
Niederreiter-Granlund-Pominville
Cooke-Brodziak-Mcmillan
Heatley-Konopka-Mitchell

DEFENSE:
Suter-Brodin
Scandella-Spurgeon
Ballard-Stoner

Starting Goaltender:
Josh Harding

Josh-Harding.jpg

GAME PREVIEW:

http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2013020214&navid=sb:preview

"It will be really weird, I think," Parise told NJ.com. "You play with those guys for so long. I'm still good friends with a lot of the guys and I keep in touch with a lot of them."

"But it feels like it doesn't matter who they lose, as a team they're always right there in the thick of things," Parise told NJ.com. "[General manager Lou Lamoriello] does a really good job of putting together a roster every year that always gets ruled out at the beginning of the year and then at the end of the year they're always in the mix."

Parise returns to Prudential Center on March 22.

"I think that will be a much bigger deal than when they come here on Sunday," he said. "For me personally, that will be very weird going into that rink and then all of a sudden you're going to the visitor’s locker room. I'm just so comfortable with everything after being there for so long, going down the hall to the other dressing room will be a little different."

Devils: Parise's closest friend on the Devils was Travis Zajac, who did not play Saturday and will not Sunday after injuring his ankle in practice Friday.

"It's obviously more of a big deal for him than for us," Zajac told Star-Ledger reporter Rich Chere. "I don't know what he's thinking or how he feels about playing some of his friends, but you see it all the time nowadays, so he's just another player on the ice, just another guy you're up against."

The Devils will also be without forward Patrik Elias, who was scratched Saturday after warm-ups with an upper-body injury. Mattias Tedenby and Jacob Josefson filled in; they have four goals in their past 115 games combined over two-plus seasons.

"Obviously Zajac, [Ryane] Clowe, Elias, those type of guys being out of your lineup don't help, but we have to find a way with the group we have in there to get the job done," coach Peter DeBoer said. "You can't win if you can't get a goal."

The Devils activated Cory Schneider off injured reserve Sunday morning. He will start against Minnesota according to the Bergen Record.

*This GDT is a work in progress.
*LINEUPS SUBJECT TO CHANGE

Last edited by a moderator:

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
I want Zach to be decked by multiple guys today. Absolutely wreck him with body-checks.

Biggest hit becomes my favorite player. Dont want any serious injuries, but leave him banged up and bruised

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I mean im all for hurting him but doesnt an actual train seem a little over the top ? :sarcasm:

not a train..

AN A-TRAIN BABY! oh wait. its Volchenkov

so I guess Gionta as usual lol

Last edited:

Jossipov

Patty's Better
Oct 7, 2010
Bronx, NY
Honestly, I dont even care about Parise. He'll probably score a hat trick or something anyway. The Wild are doing fine, and we just got shut out by the Flyers.

Nothing accept a win will make me feel any better.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
Would it be wrong to chime in with my favorite Parise/Devils moment :laugh:.

I appreciate Zach and everything he did here. I don't appreciate how he left but I understand that it's his decision to make. It's a business. He has to do what's best for him and his family.

He will always be "the one that got away" for me though. To me, he was "the perfect Devil" if there ever was one to carry the torch post-Marty.

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
Uhh.. Apart from Capt Grumpy Pants scoring a hat trick in '10 campaign i havent been really comfortable when we play the Wild.

HolikHoliday16

May 3, 2010
New Jersey
Zubrus-Loktionov-Jagr
Tedenby-Henrique-Ryder
Olesz-Josefson-Brunner
Carter-Gionta-Bernier

lol, the lineup is comical, but I'm always excited when tedenby is dressed. Ive been patiently waiting for him to take that next step... this is the type of roster he will be afforded offensive opportunities on.

Is our IR situation actually legitimate? It seems quite odd that since training camp, players that needed to be hurt, were hurt. At what point does a GM's IR decisions get investigated by the league. IDK, with Harrold as the latest victim it seems just a way to keep him on the team and not waive him, until someone else gets actually hurt. (just like tedenby at the beginning of the season).

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I'd like to see a strong performance against the Wild tonight. Getting the better of Parise's new team would definitely be sweet.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Zubrus-Loktionov-Jagr
Tedenby-Henrique-Ryder
Olesz-Josefson-Brunner
Carter-Gionta-Bernier

lol, the lineup is comical, but I'm always excited when tedenby is dressed. Ive been patiently waiting for him to take that next step... this is the type of roster he will be afforded offensive opportunities on.

Is our IR situation actually legitimate? It seems quite odd that since training camp, players that needed to be hurt, were hurt. At what point does a GM's IR decisions get investigated by the league. IDK, with Harrold as the latest victim it seems just a way to keep him on the team and not waive him, until someone else gets actually hurt. (just like tedenby at the beginning of the season).

The only situation I'm aware of is that the league wanted to send their own physician to examine Mogilny back in 2007, but I think that was mostly related to cap relief from LTIR.

Because of the minimum time a player needs to be on regular IR I don't think that gets investigated because it's an "at your own risk" deterrent. Like, if you juggle guys enough and you need one on emergency but the 10 days hasn't passed you kinda ****ed yourself.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Zubrus-Loktionov-Jagr
Tedenby-Henrique-Ryder
Olesz-Josefson-Brunner
Carter-Gionta-Bernier

The sad thing is that our d is equally as bad. We are just a bad team. Good thing Kovy is gone though.

B A T M A N

I'm more interested in seeing Merrill and Granlund play than Parise getting decked. I guess after witnessing Kovalchuk's betrayal and Zajac becoming a ****ing loser, that all the hate I had for Parise even before he left has just evaporated from my body. Strange.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 3s

Parise on Zajac not playing tonight: “He got a little nervous to play against me. He saw the Wild on the schedule & got a little nervous”

*ahem*

Jossipov

Patty's Better
Oct 7, 2010
Bronx, NY

Parise on Zajac not playing tonight: “He got a little nervous to play against me. He saw the Wild on the schedule & got a little nervousâ€

*ahem*

That's nice.
Nothing like squiring a little lemon juice on the wounds.
Kovalchuk will probably be in attendance too.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
Who is this Parise guy you all are talking about. Was he the little guy carrying the Russians bags in the airport.

B A T M A N

Parise on Zajac not playing tonight: “He got a little nervous to play against me. He saw the Wild on the schedule & got a little nervousâ€

*ahem*
:laugh: Ahahahaha. That's ****ing awesome.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
i don't feel any bitterness towards either of them. they were on the team before, now they're not. i wish both were still here because then the team would be better.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Another effort like last night and the NHL might just institute a mercy rule to stop the game...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad