Mar 22, 2007
NJ
the-dar-91.jpg

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
In fairness, I am pretty sure this was the Devils HF consensus. Especially when were were circling the wagons against the main board predictions of our suckage. I am not calling anyone out because I also expected the team to be better than this garbage.

It was far from the Devils HF consensus. People who said that the Devils weren't going to be a better team without him got called "idiots".

I'm not calling out anybody, but when you just come here during the Devils wins to run your mouth and just disappear when they lose, talk about being a hypocrite.

Now we see what Kovalchuk brought to this team. Last year was a horrible year for him, but that is what we exactly need right now, a player like him. We have decent players but we are truly lacking a gamebreaker, and a player who make players around him better. Our only player capable of that right now to a certain extent is Elias, and I can maybe make a case for Jagr.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
Why is everyone here talking about Tanking when we don't have a 1st-rounder this year?

next season....do you actually see this team being good next season? :laugh:

lou might sign some more 3rd and 4th liners and ask them to be a team

and play on the 1st line.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
AT Least maclean was crying towards the end after losses showed he cared....debeor just accepts it like the pulp fiction gimp
He pulled the goalie with over 3.5 minutes left. Doesn't that count for anything?:sarcasm:
Thanks for the reply.

Do you see Lou moving him this year to get back into the 1st or is he a building piece for the future?

Cory played well, hopefully you guys can find some scoring here and get some wins. best of luck :)
I wouldn't be opposed to moving him for picks at this point, but I'm okay with keeping him too. I think we will keep him.

Thanks and good luck to you this year!

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
Didn't watch 2nd periods... Can someone give a short summary.

Is Merrill injured? Was Cory pulled for Brodeur? How did Brodeur do? Which players were good & bad?

nobody was good although the best efforts in my opinion :

tedenby
josefson
bernier
gio hustled

none of them really great though just a nothing game a great game to have not seen.... they are soft as can be...this team has nothing, no speed, no scoring . no toughness, its a game an opposition must love seeing on their schedule...this is just trash all options on the table at this point in my opinion except trading the young defenseman and maybe elias

MrLouniverse

frontline internet hero
Sep 19, 2012
(Las) Vegas
Our team is fated to be degraded,
Our coach is hated, scorers sedated;
Though we have waited, with the Oilers and Sabres equated,
We'll be elated, when we have McDavid.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
I fear for MacDavid if he becomes a Devil.

We will have the best checking forward in the history of the NHL. And probably not much more than that.

Which brings me to the broader point: we have a real problem developing offensive skill.

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
It was far from the Devils HF consensus. People who said that the Devils weren't going to be a better team without him got called "idiots".

I'm not calling out anybody, but when you just come here during the Devils wins to run your mouth and just disappear when they lose, talk about being a hypocrite.

Now we see what Kovalchuk brought to this team. Last year was a horrible year for him, but that is what we exactly need right now, a player like him. We have decent players but we are truly lacking a gamebreaker, and a player who make players around him better. Our only player capable of that right now to a certain extent is Elias, and I can maybe make a case for Jagr.

Oh I was referring more to the expectations for this season well after the Kovy 'retirement' blew over. A lot of people here (myself included) and our defenders that brave the main board were incredulous of all the last place predictions the Devils were receiving.

njdss4

Mar 7, 2011
Anaheim
Pulling the goalie with 3.5 minutes to go down 3 goals is one of the most embarrassing things I've ever seen the Devils do. It's pathetic and this team is awful. I hope Lou blows up the team by the trade deadline and makes the draft look like a Devils welcoming party.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad