GDT: New Jersey Devils at Carolina Huricanes Player Effort Edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Why did Bratt play 11 minutes?? I have a hard time seeing an argument that he is not one of our best 5 forwards and that includes with Nico.
Hynes decided to defend the 2-1 deficit instead of trying to score.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Cory gave up 1 goal he should have stopped the other one was a defensive break down.

I get that you guys are critical of the guy, but when a goalie only gives up 2 goals (1 of which wasnt his fault) he and then for the next 59:30 keeps the team in it they should recover.

The offense looked like crap all game. Hall couldnt get going, Palmieri was usless, Wood has been more useless then the other whipping boy MarJo for just as long.

It was just a bad offensive game for this team. Of course Hynes is going to mess with the lines to try and find something they were stale out there. Every coach, include some peoples savior Joel would do the same thing.

Oh and of course no Vatman which is going to be a big loss, but i think we all know that.

As for Hynes, he does things all the other coaches do, I would be totally shocked if he doesnt finish the season with us, and frankly he will likely start next season with us.

We made the playoffs by 1 point last year, we tried to upgrade but they players didnt sign, they will figure it out and pick it up at some point i believe.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
what happened to putting palmieri in the shooting position on the power play where he’s scored a ton of goals from the past 3 seasons? why are they trying to reinvent the wheel? power play has been a joke lately

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I've never thought Hynes was a good head coach, not this year, not last year, not the first two years. He deserves hardly any credit for making the playoffs last year and probably because of that, I can't fault him too much for what's happened this year.

That said, he's a poor X's and O's coach from what I've seen, maybe he'll get better, who knows? He's usually good with personnel, but his 3 on 3 personnel utilization has been suspect.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think Johnson's young and still developing. From his preseason half a period I do like his skill set. Obv not a finished product, but I think he could develop decently
I was actually talking about the career backup NHL goalie Chad Johnson. The one who is with St. Louis right now and is with a new team every year.

I think he was with the Rangers at one time? Or in their farm system.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That was a kick in the balls that MSG aired that. If the telecast could have gotten any worse? It did.
Either MSG wanted to piss us off some more or just wanted to show us how corny the whole thing was.

It's one of the lamest celebrations ever. It looks like something out of a feel good underdog movie. I think it changes every game, but most are real corny.

Reactions: glenwo2

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
The Oil getting blown out again. I think we should can Hynes and hire @Bleedred favorite bench boss to replace. That’s a fascinating prospect coming up on the market.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The Oil getting blown out again. I think we should can Hynes and hire @Bleedred favorite bench boss to replace. That’s a fascinating prospect coming up on the market.
Not even appropriate to joke about.

Shero should be fired if he ever brings that LOSER anywhere near this team.

He would have blamed the last two games on the start time, that POS.

MauDevils

Jan 11, 2009
New Jersey
I'm still blown away by the usage of Noeson and Mojo over Bratt, Coleman and Zacha.

I'd love to hear the justification, because I don't believe there is any.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Cory gave up 1 goal he should have stopped the other one was a defensive break down.

I get that you guys are critical of the guy, but when a goalie only gives up 2 goals (1 of which wasnt his fault) he and then for the next 59:30 keeps the team in it they should recover.

The offense looked like crap all game. Hall couldnt get going, Palmieri was usless, Wood has been more useless then the other whipping boy MarJo for just as long.

It was just a bad offensive game for this team. Of course Hynes is going to mess with the lines to try and find something they were stale out there. Every coach, include some peoples savior Joel would do the same thing.

Oh and of course no Vatman which is going to be a big loss, but i think we all know that.

As for Hynes, he does things all the other coaches do, I would be totally shocked if he doesnt finish the season with us, and frankly he will likely start next season with us.

We made the playoffs by 1 point last year, we tried to upgrade but they players didnt sign, they will figure it out and pick it up at some point i believe.
Are you making believe that the soft goal that went through him wasn't 22 seconds into the game on the first shot. Are you also making believe that he hasn't won a game since December 27th 2017?

Watch the replay, it is on now, after those two goals Carolina has 3 and 4 men back the whole way. They shut the game completely down and Cory never gave this team a chance as per usual.

Wood played less minutes than any other forward tonight. I wouldn't be surprised if he was scratched the next game.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm still blown away by the usage of Noeson and Mojo over Bratt, Coleman and Zacha.

I'd love to hear the justification, because I don't believe there is any.
I understand Mojo because he at least USED to be good. He might not be that good anymore, but at least there's some history.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Either MSG wanted to piss us off some more or just wanted to show us how corny the whole thing was.

It's one of the lamest celebrations ever. It looks like something out of a feel good underdog movie. I think it changes every game, but most are real corny.

as i said earlier, joke ….a joke franchise

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
We all know the record when leading after two periods...but take a look at the record when leading after 1 period...they are just as lopsided.

Hockeycentral | NHL | Leading & Trailing

The idea that that a couple of weak goals should be overcome because there was a lot of time remaining just has no basis.

Carolina shut that game down when they had a lead ..if there is any arguments it is the squandered powerplays.

But the truth is if your goalie makes that first save and gives his team the opportunity to settle down, you do not give up the 1st or 2nd goal....but instead the team is in panic mode scrambling and it took a good 3 or 4 minutes to settle down. I see this loss 100% on Cory.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Why would we buyout Cory? We're closer to the floor than we are the cap.

And nobody is taking him in a trade.

I think the giving-up on Cory stuff is premature given the injuries and lack of played hockey over the last year'ish. It he's still rolling .895 after another 20 games played, then it's time to panic.

What ever happened to driving to the net?

This I'd love to know.

This is a soft team and few forwards will take the punishment.

Wood, Boyle (who I dont care for on this team), and a few others (barely) are the only ones who stand in front of the net and take punishment. The Devils offense plays a perimeter game, and perimeter game = making the goalies life easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad