GDT: New Jersey Devils at Carolina Huricanes Player Effort Edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
The idea that that a couple of weak goals should be overcome because there was a lot of time remaining just has no basis.

It's a 1 goal deficit with 54 minutes of hockey left to be played.

Big whoop.

Hell, a 1 goal deficit, 2 goal deficit , 3,488,918 goal deficit, it really doesnt matter when your offense only scores 1 goal in 60 minutes. LOL

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
It's a 1 goal deficit with 54 minutes of hockey left to be played.

Big whoop.

Hell, a 1 goal deficit, 2 goal deficit , 3,488,918 goal deficit, it really doesnt matter when your offense only scores 1 goal in 60 minutes. LOL
It's simply harder to score when trailing there is mounds of evidence to prove this and I keep laying it out in front of you and you make believe it doesn't exist. Cory is the reason we were trailing that is indisputable.

"the team can't score for Cory" is pure bullshit. We are constantly behind when Cory is in net and it's harder to score when trailing. It really is that simple.

Here is more... Take a look at teams records when simply scoring first.

Hockeycentral | NHL | Team Record When Scoring First Goal of a Game

Last edited:

LoktionovMVP

Nov 1, 2018
I think the giving-up on Cory stuff is premature given the injuries and lack of played hockey over the last year'ish. It he's still rolling .895 after another 20 games played, then it's time to panic.

We can't afford to play Cory 20 more games to find out if hes a .895 goalie

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We can't afford to play Cory 20 more games to find out if hes a .895 goalie
B19E83C6-6351-4390-97C8-1193C2F41011.png

Reactions: glenwo2

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
We all know the record when leading after two periods...but take a look at the record when leading after 1 period...they are just as lopsided.

Hockeycentral | NHL | Leading & Trailing

The idea that that a couple of weak goals should be overcome because there was a lot of time remaining just has no basis.

Carolina shut that game down when they had a lead ..if there is any arguments it is the squandered powerplays.

But the truth is if your goalie makes that first save and gives his team the opportunity to settle down, you do not give up the 1st or 2nd goal....but instead the team is in panic mode scrambling and it took a good 3 or 4 minutes to settle down. I see this loss 100% on Cory.

Devils are 0-2-2 when leading by 2 goals this season. By that stat, they’re more successful when giving up a goal or two. Cory was doing them a favor by maximizing the time remaining to get the win.

Reactions: BenedictGomez

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Yes lmao let’s blame the goalie who gave up a goal where the shooter was between the hash marks and another goal where puck went across ice for a one timer

Reactions: BenedictGomez

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Devils are 0-2-2 when leading by 2 goals this season. By that stat, they’re more successful when giving up a goal or two. Cory was doing them a favor by maximizing the time remaining to get the win.

That's is an indictment of the coaching staff.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007

I'm only correcting this because someone piggybacked off it to think it made some sort of point, but obviously they are not 0-2-2 when leading by 2 goals this season. They're 7-2-2. Now if there's some specific arbitrary point in a game when they're 0-2-2 when leading by 2 goals, fine.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yes lmao let’s blame the goalie who gave up a goal where the shooter was between the hash marks and another goal where puck went across ice for a one timer
The first goal was pretty stoppable.

Just watch him after it goes through his legs, he's shocked that the puck got through him. His body language screamed ''Oh man! Another one through me? How'd that go in?''.

As far as goal 2 goes, he had no chance on that one.

Reactions: Patrik26

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Post like this honestly boggle my mind...it is almost as if we weren't talking about some who has a .865 save percentage this season and an above 4.00 Goals Against.. and hasn't won a regular season game since December 27th 2017 and is 0 for 16 in that time.

At what point is this not absurd?

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Some think missing the playoffs this year isnt a big deal and was expected

NJ made a fair number of preseason lists of teams likely to take a step back. While missing the playoffs would be a shame the team is only two years removed from selecting first overall and as long as the players keep making the effort the results are what they are. The fans handwringing won’t change anything on the ice in the short term.

Most good teams are carried by the in their prime vets. NJ has three or four of those. Hall Palms Vats and maybe Zajac at the tail end of his effectiveness. That’s just not good enough. It’s asking a lot for Nico Bratt Butcher Coleman and Wood to make up that difference in a large number of games. KK has been solid but even he is unproven over the long haul. Hopefully the team can make a run.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
I'm only correcting this because someone piggybacked off it to think it made some sort of point, but obviously they are not 0-2-2 when leading by 2 goals this season. They're 7-2-2. Now if there's some specific arbitrary point in a game when they're 0-2-2 when leading by 2 goals, fine.

Ah, my misunderstanding. I borrowed that from someone else in regards to blown 2 goal leads. Obviously it’s not blown if you don’t lose...

Still, losing 4 out of what the 19 games played and having a 2 goal lead? Yikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad