GDT: New Jersey Devils at Boston Bruins 7:00PM MSG+ 11/10/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
See, this is where I REALLY wish we had beat writers who actually grew a pair of grapefruits and asked tough questions.

"Why was Larsson's minutes limited again, when he was playing fine?"

"Why do you continue to play Salvador and Zidlicky as a pairing, when they have proven to be a liability?"

"Why does Josefson not get top 6 minutes?"

"Why hasn't Kinkaid played one game yet?"

"Why are you such a ***ing moron?"

This is what he needs to answer after this game.

I wish you were in there asking the questions at the press conference, i agree with all of them :laugh:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Maybe it was, I thought it was thanksgiving for some reason. Maybe that's just when I thought it would start with him too.

Deja vu of the worst kind.

It should have been Thanksgiving after the Isle disaster (when they lost 2-0 to a team on a 14-game losing streak)...but yeah Mac was actually fired two days before Christmas.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
If he is actually tired, then trade him. How would he handle a playoff run?. We are 12 games in on a light schedule.

It's not fatigue - he's just not playing well. He had solid numbers last year so I don't know why it's happening, but its very disappointing. This was his shot to sink or swim as a number one, he drowned 4 games ago

kiwidevil

Playoffs you play every other day MAX. And unless you're having seven-game series every round you're not playing 15 games in 33 days in the postseason in a bunch of different cities. Plus Cory's never had this kind of workload period...asking him to just go from 45-75 is jumping the shark a bit.

We aren't paying to be a up and coming so-so unproven starter.

I'm starting to prefer Lou's strategy of not signing players early.

Devs4L

Mar 8, 2006
Patrik looks bad. Sucks to say, because he's been one of my favorite players all these years, but he looks bad. No other way to say it.

He's an absolute turnover machine right now. He's throwing the puck around without any regard, not shooting the puck nearly enough, seems slower...

Hopefully Havlat coming back sparks something for Patty if they're put back together.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
It's not fatigue - he's just not playing well. He had solid numbers last year so I don't know why it's happening, but its very disappointing. This was his shot to sink or swim as a number one, he drowned 4 games ago

Hes locked up until 2023. Hes going to be the goalie no matter what. He hasn't "drowned".

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Pete seems deflated as if he has nothing more to offer

He isn't on the hook for much of this, however a new breath of fresh air seems as if it may be in store more and more by the day

We are in a bit of a transition as a team, understood, however the energy level and desire just doesn't seem to be there on a consistent basis and this has carried on for the better part of the past year

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012

Stop extrapolating these past 15 games, of which he's looked good in quite a number of them, to make it seem like we're doomed to have Cory has our starter for the next 7 years. He sunk 4 games ago? The defense has been pedestrian at best (with Zids and Salvador being two heavy anchors), we've given up the most penalties in the league, our PK is a nightmare, and our forwards have been terrible too.

There's being critical of a player and then there's straight up giving up on them.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL

He isn't on the hook for much of this, however a new breath of fresh air seems as if it may be in store more and more by the day

We are in a bit of a transition as a team, understood, however the energy level and desire just doesn't seem to be there on a consistent basis and this has carried on for the better part of the past year

Exactly. There is a losing mentality that has formed in that locker room and its permeated all over the organization. They need a new voice. This just isn't working at all anymore.

Camille the Eel

The Bruins third goal, the go ahead goal - Corey has got to stop that one. That was awfully soft. Flukey okay and Zidlicky was useless on the play too, but still - that play is the one that cost us the game. Backbreaking - you fight to get back in and tie it up and everything turns on a play like that. Bouncing puck, all the way from center ice back to our goal . . . what the hell happened there? What was that?

But also - turnovers in our end.

and also - we don't pick up other teams forwards trailing the plays coming in late. Wide open guys coming in late night in, night out -

but we're going to have that stuff with this young defense I suppose.

on the whole, the Bruins are a very very good team and pressure the puck and disrupt what you do. We don't handle pressure well. End of story. They are just a much better team than us right now.

And to improve we need structure. Funny to say it - for once and with all these young defensement we could use a little more Devils system. Make it simple for them to know what they have to do. Not Larson nor Gelinas' best game tonight.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND

I've defended Pete for a long time, but eventually something has to be done. I still think our issues are more roster based than coaching, but there's only so much losing you can do before needing to make a change. It's looking like we're there.

RNCDevil

Jun 21, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Patrik looks bad. Sucks to say, because he's been one of my favorite players all these years, but he looks bad. No other way to say it.

He's an absolute turnover machine right now. He's throwing the puck around without any regard, not shooting the puck nearly enough, seems slower...

Hopefully Havlat coming back sparks something for Patty if they're put back together.

It sucks, because good Elias is just a joy to watch. It's 1/2 a rung below nasty Elias. When he got mad, it was just awesome. He's such a great Devil.

We have begun eulogizing all these players, but really, they could find some spark and health...somewhere. Let's Go Devils!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad