GDT: New Jersey Devils at Boston Bruins 7:00PM MSG+ 11/10/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Honestly though he'd better be that way cause he (Cory) REALLY isn't playing well right now.

But similarly the rest of the team better be saying they weren't good enough either, which they weren't.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I do love that about Cory. Although sometimes I think he might be too hard on himself and it gets him in trouble.

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
Hardly

It doesn't take a short period of time for an organization to recoup from losing their top 3 offensive players in a 1 year span. We've had to patch those holes the best we could with what was available while still trying to remain competitive. We've remained competitive, but not for the standard expected of this organization. It was either patch those holes slowly over time and struggle for several years or do what we've done. I don't want to imagine what this place or our fanbase would look like if we took the former.

How would the following teams look after losing these guys in the same period?

Pens: Crosby, Malkin, Kunitz
Hawks: Kane, Toews, Sharp
Kings: Kopitar, Carter, Williams
Blues: Steen, Oshie, Backes
Bruins: Krejci, Bergeron, Lucic

and son on, you get the point, I'd hope.

I dont buy it. We didnt lose them to Kamikaze attacks or on the beaches of Normandy. They were lost in the management of the roster, which was Lou's responsibility.

Stop making straw man excuse laden arguments that just deflect from the fact that Lou has lost it.

He's done as a GM. He needs to be fired, based on his own rules of accountability (which admittedly have gone out the window).

I appreciate all he did for us, but I don't support him anymore and will make sure that message gets to the owners and management above him.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
Going against the tide here.

But Cam's presence was a huge difference tonight. Similarly we need Rico back.

Willing to wait until Henrique is back with a few games under his belt before throwing Deboer overboard.

The few Natives that show up tomorrow will be restless. Expecting the cats to be calling.

They weren't that impressive when fully healthy. There obviously better than this but not enough to be playoff team, not with this current voice behind the bench.

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 53s54 seconds ago
Schneider: "I thought my teammates played well enough to get points tonight and, unfortunately, I didn’t.â€

THATS my goalie. Yes he has not played well but at least he is accountable.

At least he's hard on himself because a couple of those goals were pretty soft. But the team still didn't play well at all, particularly defensively, i disagree with that part of his assessment.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 53s54 seconds ago
Schneider: "I thought my teammates played well enough to get points tonight and, unfortunately, I didn’t.â€

THATS my goalie. Yes he has not played well but at least he is accountable.

Not to be *****, and I'm expecting him to turn it around at some point, but i'll take a goalie who plays well most of the time but doesn't shoulder the blame in a loss over a guy who stinks and takes all the blame.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I dont buy it. We didnt lose them to Kamikaze attacks or on the beaches of Normandy. They were lost in the management of the roster, which was Lou's responsibility.

So it's ONLY Lou's fault Parise, Kovalchuk and Clarkson walked out? He can't literally make Parise/Clarkson sign contracts (trading Parise wasn't a realistic option) and Kovalchuk had a contract he walked out on.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Pete seems deflated as if he has nothing more to offer

He isn't on the hook for much of this, however a new breath of fresh air seems as if it may be in store more and more by the day

We are in a bit of a transition as a team, understood, however the energy level and desire just doesn't seem to be there on a consistent basis and this has carried on for the better part of the past year

That is the big thing. They aren't even doing what the did well last year anymore. This is closer to Maclean bad then the crap from last year.

And I think it is a fair question to wonder if Elias is mentally checked out

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Ya know it's a tough building. They have great skill ya know and tonight it really showed ya know.

I liked our effort ya know and thought we deserved better ya know.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010

Stop making straw man excuse laden arguments that just deflect from the fact that Lou has lost it.

He's done as a GM. He needs to be fired, based on his own rules of accountability (which admittedly have gone out the window).

I appreciate all he did for us, but I don't support him anymore and will make sure that message gets to the owners and management above him.

We'll talk when you want to actually discuss hard facts instead of what you want without explaining with detail and reason why.

We lost half of our defense in a 1 year period around the full season lockout. While not nearly as big of a loss as losing our top 3 forwards more recently, that took time to build back up and the last few years we've finally begun to roll out a steady core of defensemen for the first time since.

But your house was built overnight, so I understand where you're coming from

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Also can't forget the goal allowed on the penalty kill. It is really hurting this team. One opportunity and they can't kill it off. When is the penalty kill going to improve?

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
So it's ONLY Lou's fault Parise, Kovalchuk and Clarkson walked out? He can't literally make Parise/Clarkson sign contracts (trading Parise wasn't a realistic option) and Kovalchuk had a contract he walked out on.

He's the GM and needs to take the heat. I work in executive management and we don't make excuses. It sickens me how much this fanbase has gone to great lengths to make excuses.

No push for excellence or accountability anymore.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
He's the GM and needs to take the heat. I work in executive management and we don't make excuses. It sickens me how much this fanbase has gone to great lengths to make excuses.

No push for excellence or accountability anymore.

If you want to blame him for not replacing said players that's one thing, but the player has some say in whether he stays or not :p:

Camille the Eel

At least he's hard on himself because a couple of those goals were pretty soft. But the team still didn't play well at all, particularly defensively, i disagree with that part of his assessment.

fair statement - Schneider very soft on the first and third goals, two he wants back . . . but the defense hung him out to dry in the first period too . . . and boy did everyone except Josefson just look SLOW

But I actually expect a good game from these guys tomorrow night - I think they beat Minnesota, home cooking, and get right back to 500

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

Trade Clarkson. Yes it is hindsight, but in hingsight, it was a pretty obvious move.

And Jagr did soften the blow of losing the other guys.

But moves like signing Clowe, 3 years for Zubrus, 3 years for Sal, trading for Ruutu and his contract. Need to do better then this.

And not to create a total shat storm here, but Nichushken for Cory?

There is more to this current story then Zach signing else where and Kovy bolting on his deal.

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
Trade Clarkson. Yes it is hindsight, but in hingsight, it was a pretty obvious move.

And Jagr did soften the blow of losing the other guys.

But moves like signing Clowe, 3 years for Zubrus, 3 years for Sal, trading for Ruutu and his contract. Need to do better then this.

And not to create a total shat storm here, but Nichushken for Cory?

There is more to this current story then Zach signing else where and Kovy bolting on his deal.

Don't bring actual facts and logic into this argument!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad