GDT: New Jersey Devils (21-5-1) @ New York Rangers (14-10-5), 7 PM, MSG, MSGSN, NHLN

First goal of the game?

• Tomas Tatar

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Nico Hischier

Votes: 15 16.9%
  • Jesper Bratt

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Erik Haula

Votes: 18 20.2%
  • Jack Hughes

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Dawson Mercer

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • Miles Wood

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Michael McLeod

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Fabian Zetterlund

• Yegor Sharangovich

• Jesper Boqvist

• Alex Holtz

• Jonas Siegenthaler

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Dougie Hamilton

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Ryan Graves

• John Marino

• Brendan Smith

• Damon Severson

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Could one of them be Hall, perhaps? The article didn't specify timeframe very precisely, it just mentioned that Severson has been here since 2012. So it doesn't necessarily have to be only guys that were on the team last season that they are referring to.

And Hall was certainly "weeded out", after a fashion.
I mean it's hard to think about Hall in that fashion since the dude led us to the playoffs with an assist from Kinkaid late in the season, but could be after his injury he got more...cautious about things before his anticipated big FA contract.

Reactions: Saugus

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I mean it's hard to think about Hall in that fashion since the dude led us to the playoffs with an assist from Kinkaid late in the season, but could be after his injury he got more...cautious about things before his anticipated big FA contract.

Hall was dogged by rumors of not being a good guy in the room in Edmonton, and we all dismissed them when he went on that run. But maybe there was more to them.

And I could definitely see PK having that rep.

Reactions: HBK27

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Hoping the Isles game gets them right, they deserved a game like that after getting lucky for a few games with stealing wins while playing bad. Rangers are coming back from a road trip, jump on them early.

Reactions: HBK27

Whaddagoal

The Sheldon Keefe Era Begins
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
PK and Zacha are really the only ones important enough to speculate on. Guys like Gusev I wouldn't think would be among the ones not caring since he was trying to carve out a career in the NHL but who knows. The Kuokkanens of the world really were never important enough to think about either way.

The blurb was about the mood in prior years, clearly we had our share of 5-1 losses then.

You're probably right on that note about theres only a fewer high profile guys to refer to. But either way its pretty significant comment from Sevs.

The only guys (who had some significance who left recently in last few seasons):

Pavs
PK
Hall

Then there's guys like
Palms
Zajac
Schneider
Greene
that I would be shocked to believe they didn't want to be serious about changing the losing ways.

Hall wanted to win though, but he sure as hell played like shit on his way out and talked shit to fans (About the boos).

Certainly makes for an entertaining run up for future convos.

Do we need to unearth that "dinner thread" from a season or two ago, lol. Me and few others (was it @billingtons ghost ) got totally blasted on here for taking it too seriously, but wow, maybe we had a hunch all along... :laugh: :laugh: :sarcasm:

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Beating up on the Rangers would be a great way to bounce back from a tough loss to the Isles. Make it so.
Sucks that the Rags have got some confidence now after losig to some crappy teams. They beat some normally good teams at are severely hampered by key injuries , and now they think they are good again. Now would be awesome to put them back in their place ( mediocre team that will struggle to get a WC spot IF Sheshterkin goes God mode again.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I picked Hamilton for scoring our first ( of many) goal (s) today.
He has been playing awesome lately and more than earning his contract. I was a little worried about his play last year after injuries but he is looking like the Dougie of past.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Would be surprised if That burger comment was directed at PK. Dude is an absolute fitness animal and has a personal chef.
I really hate to say it because I was always a defender of PK but he absolutely seems like the kind of guy that a loss is going to bother him for like 10 minutes then he's off to 100 other things and it might rub teammates the wrong way.

Reactions: NJDevs26

youryeah

Jun 21, 2019

who's ready to see nico in the next season of peaky blinders

Whaddagoal

The Sheldon Keefe Era Begins
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
The good news is, those bad vibes guys (whoever it was, are out of the team), and we've got some winners as of this season.

We have:
The greatest 3C ever to play the game, Captain 150% effort and skill and general hero (Nico)
All Skill, All business - no time for even interviews (Hughes)
Mr. Sets The Bar high and plays like it (Bratt)
Lt. Playoff Clutch (Palat)
The General (Hamilton)
No space given (Marino)
All-business-Team-friendly-contract (Sieges)
Mr. Always On A Winning Team (Haula)
Balls to the Wall (Zetterlund)
Mr. Flash-playing-for-my-life (Tatar)

.... and now
Mr. Zero Tolerance for Shitty Teammates (Sevs)

Too tired to come up with the others, but yeah, we can find something for Smith, Graves, Mercer, Sharangovich and Vitek....

I think we can win with these guys.,..

Last edited:

Louskoolaid89

We're back!
Oct 14, 2017
Here's a gift link to the Times article, you should be able to read it without a paywall:

The thing is we are still winning with defense or we'd be Like Buffalo and Ottawa right now.With that being said it's a more appealing brand of hockey to watch beyond our fanbase.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
I really hate to say it because I was always a defender of PK but he absolutely seems like the kind of guy that a loss is going to bother him for like 10 minutes then he's off to 100 other things and it might rub teammates the wrong way.

And that to me is fine, on a team like the Devils had the last two years a veteran guy getting hopping mad after every loss is eventually going to demand a trade. It's just something more for people who are pissed off about the losing to be pissed off about.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
And that to me is fine, on a team like the Devils had the last two years a veteran guy getting hopping mad after every loss is eventually going to demand a trade. It's just something more for people who are pissed off about the losing to be pissed off about.
There is a bit of a happy medium between not caring and caring too much you know. It’s not like Severson himself was demanding trades but he obviously wasn’t happy with the losing

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
I can see it definately being subban, he was more worried about his media personality than hockey

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
The good news is, those bad vibes guys (whoever it was, are out of the team), and we've got some winners as of this season.

We have:
The greatest 3C ever to play the game, Captain 150% effort and skill and general hero (Nico)
All Skill, All business - no time for even interviews (Hughes)
Mr. Sets The Bar high and plays like it (Bratt)
Lt. Playoff Clutch (Palat)
The General (Hamilton)
No space given (Marino)
All-business-Team-friendly-contract (Sieges)
Mr. Always On A Winning Team (Haula)
Balls to the Wall (Zetterlund)
Mr. Flash-playing-for-my-life (Tatar)

.... and now
Mr. Zero Tolerance for Shitty Teammates (Sevs)

Too tired to come up with the others, but yeah, we can find something for Smith, Graves, Mercer, Sharangovich and Vitek....

I think we can win with these guys.,..
Graves, too busy winning to wash his hair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad