GDT: New Jersey Devils (21-5-1) @ New York Rangers (14-10-5), 7 PM, MSG, MSGSN, NHLN

First goal of the game?

• Tomas Tatar

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Nico Hischier

Votes: 15 16.9%
  • Jesper Bratt

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Erik Haula

Votes: 18 20.2%
  • Jack Hughes

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Dawson Mercer

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • Miles Wood

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Michael McLeod

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Fabian Zetterlund

• Yegor Sharangovich

• Jesper Boqvist

• Alex Holtz

• Jonas Siegenthaler

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Dougie Hamilton

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Ryan Graves

• John Marino

• Brendan Smith

• Damon Severson

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
The Haula people are interesting. Haula has scored the first goal once before (in Ottawa), but that's it, that's his only goal for the season. Jesper has scored 10 times this season and scored first twice -- once in Toronto and another time in NJ against EDM. Knowing this, 5 people still voted Haula, and as it stands, 0 for Bratt.

For this reason alone, I'm going to keep the good vibes train rolling and vote for Haula.

I’m in Hawaii fo awhile . These 2pm time games is weird. NHL must not have got my email request to bump up Devil gaam3s to 10 est start

Define 'awhile'. I'd like to be in Hawaii for awhile too.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
The DD and RangersDoggo characters have been well developed this season! Excited to see what kooky adventures they get into next
I know that RangersDoggo brought it on himslef but I’d like to think if he admitted he went overboard and pled temporary insanity we’d be able to get past it.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
I have to say, it is somewhat surprising that NO ONE has picked Bratt so far, is this some reverse jinx....

Dude is averaging 1.28 shots on net in his past 7. Since the Toronto game he's just not generating shots for himself. His assists have kept up by feeding Hughes on the PP and Hischier and making the odd nice play but clearly he's been off for a bit for whatever reason.

Can't complain too much after that start.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Dude is averaging 1.28 shots on net in his past 7. Since the Toronto game he's just not generating shots for himself. His assists have kept up by feeding Hughes on the PP and Hischier and making the odd nice play but clearly he's been off for a bit for whatever reason.

Can't complain too much after that start.

I doubt even one had that in consideration before voting, haha, i'm sure that is true (numbers you referenced). I find it funny that there isn't even a gut feel that Bratt will get it first.

Shoot, Brendan Smith has a 3 votes! The Jespers, Jonas, are a net zero vote at the moment.

I wonder if @glenwo2 got his vote in yet...

EDIT: Alright, someone put a Bratt vote in, just to piss the rest off.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
The amount of energy trying to meme a Haula goal into existence is accumulating like a lake behind a dam. One of these days he's going to have a five goal game and even he won't know what happened.

Are we talking about dam overflow or dam burst?

I mean, you figure the hockey gods can't let this go on forever. We are waiting...

Nico13

Nov 29, 2021
Switzerland
Will see as much as I can before falling asleep. Last game in the Madison Toilett I saw the first two periods. It was 2-4 for us at that point if I remember correctly. Let's repeat.

theoptimist

Trade Siegenthaler
Apr 22, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
This bias is not for just us, as fans, but I think with management too. I think above/below 8M is also about pride and rank. Market stuff too, but mostly management not feeling Bratt should be the highest paid. Flawed, but that's my guess....

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
7751F3A9-D701-4965-8535-80D0DDF5C31E.jpeg

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
If the Devils section of hf boards and your posts last for a thousand years, men will still say that this was your finest hour.
For this reason alone, I'm going to keep the good vibes train rolling and vote for Haula.

Define 'awhile'. I'd like to be in Hawaii for awhile too.
Awhile - not long enough. Just after Xmas

Reactions: billingtons ghost

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
So i just spent $130 for my ticket. Thats in total $300 to attend two games at MSG in the past few weeks. Im baffled that i actually spent all this money on just two Monday nights out lol.

When Rags went up 2-0 last time i immediately regretted buying the ticket. It sucked so hard to sit amidst trillion partying Rags fans. This time i got my ticket cause no matter what happens, at least i was part of that epic come back in November. Lets price that at $300 :laugh:

Geeze... need to meet up with my boss soon, he is a Rags fan.. got season tickets... gonna be rough if Devils lose :laugh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2