OT: New Goal Song Talk Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DangleSnipeCelly

Formerly KupsforKovy
Jan 30, 2010
Rockaway
I think ownership is 100% behind this. They said from the get-go that they wanted people in the seats. One way, and probably the easiest way, is to make it a family friendly atmosphere. More families willing to get to a game, more money to be made, simple as that.

New ownership is made of a group of businessmen, not hockey fans. They bought the Devils strictly for the prudential center. It all makes sense, make STH look like a super special privilege ( no offense anyone) to get more people to buy them, make the arena non hostile/violent and family friendly to get those families on the border to about going to a game or two to give in and buy those 4 or 6 seats in the lower bowl. It is way to obvious to me at this point

Iceman78

Jan 6, 2006
Bayonne, NJ
I think ownership is 100% behind this. They said from the get-go that they wanted people in the seats. One way, and probably the easiest way, is to make it a family friendly atmosphere. More families willing to get to a game, more money to be made, simple as that.

New ownership is made of a group of businessmen, not hockey fans. They bought the Devils strictly for the prudential center. It all makes sense, make STH look like a super special privilege ( no offense anyone) to get more people to buy them, make the arena non hostile/violent and family friendly to get those families on the border to about going to a game or two to give in and buy those 4 or 6 seats in the lower bowl. It is way to obvious to me at this point

Except not many families at the moment have the dispensable incomes to afford to bring families of 4-6 to games.

So why alienate the core demographic of 15-35 year olds?

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey

You're thinking way too much into it. Given how recently they came in, and the levels to the structure of this organization... there's a very minimal chance something like this would have ever even be put in front of the owners at any point (until now maybe because of the response/reaction). Things like in-game audio fall purely under Game Presentation. They fall, to a degree, under the general Operations Umbrella. Which falls under 1-3 other executives before they even get to the Owners. Trust me, out of all of the things they have going on, and all of the assets they own (they are a group of businessmen after all as you said), they're not using much of their time to care about a goal song until/unless it gets to be such a point of contention like it is now. They still might not have had a damn thing to do with it. But there's some likelihood they have at this point. Just because it means the world to some people here doesn't mean it was ever on their radar beforehand.

JerseyGuy276

An American Outlaw
Mar 22, 2010
A Flood Zone

No family is buying 4-6 seats in the lower bowl, especially if they have smaller kids who won't pay attention. Why pay 120 bucks a pop for a lower level seat for 5 people (2 parents/3 kids) when you know they won't pay attention half the time and you can get the same kind of seat with a better view for 60 bucks a pop in the mezzanine level?

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn

Do you live in the same region as me?

It's pretty obvious that DINKs, corporations, and groups of guys are buying the vast majority of sporting event tickets in this area. If you look around any building in NJ/NY on any day other than Sat/Sun afternoon, this should be pretty apparent.

Come down to the lower bowl sometime and point out all of these families (qualifier: with young children) to me. That would be impossible, because there aren't many there.

Last edited:

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Per the comments section on TG's blog.

Not sure if it was mentioned in another post, but I just got off the phone with my devils fan experience rep and she said that at the next home games they are going to try out 3 different songs and have the fans vote on it via social media. She said that as many people that have complained about the goal song change there were just as many softies who were complaining about the “you suck†in the goal song. She said that it is definitely changing and not going to be rock and roll part 2 in the near future. It was the new president’s idea.
http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/...n_devils_lineup_tonight/#sthash.fGQedUPU.dpuf

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
This should've happened in the ****ing preseason.

Exactly!!!! You definitely don't do this during our 2nd home game and first one against the Rags!!!! And they still haven't told anyone via social media!

If they don't give a good amount of lead up they will get the same reaction to all three choices AGAIN and no clear social vote.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Light 'Em Up is too generic. They have enough original options that they can find something New Jersey Devils themed/related.

Mory Schneideur*

This is an excellent edit and it sounds great. Our best option by far, far better than crap played the other day. Also, maybe better than RRpt2.

I hope Devils go for this if we have to change, but I def say we boo the crap out of every option until there's something we like. Secretly, I hope booing after goals becomes our strange new tradition :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad