OT: New Goal Song Talk Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
If they aren't going to bring back RRP2, they need to use a song that actually gets the crowd involved. Rivalry aside, the Rangers goal song is the best in the league because the crowd joins in and its probably fun as hell to chant.

Devils need something like that, get the people in the arena involved just as much as they were with RRP2 and I'll be happy.

Or they could, you know, just bring back RRP2...but I guess that would be too logical.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
This is an excellent edit and it sounds great. Our best option by far, far better than crap played the other day. Also, maybe better than RRpt2.

I hope Devils go for this if we have to change, but I def say we boo the crap out of every option until there's something we like. Secretly, I hope booing after goals becomes our strange new tradition :naughty:

I emailed Devils PR about the FOB option. Other people should do the same and let them know they want that song instead the likes of Ole and Song 2 (which you know they are going to play) :laugh:

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
The guy running the PR email is probably a tad busy traveling with the team right now to care about your complaints. Plus PR doesn't pick the music anyway

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
The guy running the PR email is probably a tad busy traveling with the team right now to care about your complaints. Plus PR doesn't pick the music anyway

I would send an actual letter to the following people:

Scott O'Neil, CEO
Hugh Weber, President of Business Operations
Mark Chambers, Director of Event Production
Jennifer Baksh, Manager of Event Production
Brian Horne, Game Presentation Coordinator

http://devils.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=74238

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
My rep told me it was "our new President." Given that there are a half a dozen presidents across all platforms I'd start your search with the President of the Fan Exp team.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013

Sounds more like the money guy. Fan Experience President, AKA the guy above Eric, is probably who deals with those decisions. As it probably encompasses "Fan Experience."

For example - I e-mailed PR and GAME and my e-mail ended up in the hands of my rep.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Sounds more like the money guy. Fan Experience President, AKA the guy above Eric, is probably who deals with those decisions. As it probably encompasses "Fan Experience."

For example - I e-mailed PR and GAME and my e-mail ended up in the hands of my rep.

Eric is a VP.

The only President is Hugh Weber.

If your rep said it was the President's call, then you need to contact him.

apice3*

I would send an actual letter to the following people:

Scott O'Neil, CEO
Mark Chambers, Director of Event Production
Jennifer Baksh, Manager of Event Production
Brian Horne, Game Presentation Coordinator

http://devils.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=74238

None of them are going to take time out of their busy day to read your letter.

The people that make these decisions are pretty much nameless to the important people within the organization.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
None of them are going to take time out of their busy day to read your letter.

The people that make these decisions are pretty much nameless to the important people within the organization.

You might be right. Though we were told that it was a directive straight from "the President." I was also told that the President met with the Fan exp team and others to discuss solutions to the problem. Part of the solution was outreach to fans, to obtain ideas and then to meet again to discuss.

So it does sound like a President is involved unless they're blowing smoke.

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
An admin assistant might read those letters... and then they'll decide they won't forward it along. Lets not forget that part of the process.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
An admin assistant might read those letters... and then they'll decide they won't forward it along. Lets not forget that part of the process.

If it helps, what I was told is that the PR/GAME emails weren't the appropriate emails to complain. I was told that the email was ultimately forwarded to my rep and she was charged with reading it, addressing my concerns, and then meeting with whatever group they have to address this.

The impression I got was that the PR/GAME emails were just forwarded along to the Fan exp team

JerseyDee

Feb 18, 2013
Jersey
I shamelessly adore Bon Jovi but that song is weak.. Couldn't they pick something more known, and during his prime when his voice was still good?

Light Em Up by FOB is an awesome choice.. I could see the crowd joining in during the Oh Oh oh oh part.

apice3*

You might be right. Though we were told that it was a directive straight from "the President." I was also told that the President met with the Fan exp team and others to discuss solutions to the problem. Part of the solution was outreach to fans, to obtain ideas and then to meet again to discuss.

So it does sound like a President is involved unless they're blowing smoke.

The president isn't going to read individual letters. He is probably told by the production team that there is uproar regarding the goal song and he probably tells the team "well ****ing fix it." You will likely never know the name of the person who reads any potential letters. They're essentially nameless employees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad