Speculation: New Era

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
But then if he is "generational" you have to pay hin Carey Price dollars after he has his best year in the last season of his cheaper ELC (of course) then you are saddled with a "generational so-so for the next 8 years at big bucks and he never duplicates his best year ever again and faiksvto winyou any Cups.

Which is why you do not want to bet farm on a goalie the "consensus" status as "generational talent " because if hecachievesvit early in the 1st 3 seasons the next 8 will saddle you r cap with an albatross expense that does not justify so much allocation for so little return on investment ...and this al atross situation can last 9 years on that 2nd co tract..

Better to I vest in a position player in rpundc1 then take hiLues later hipingbyou fond an untainted gem who develops even later into a cheaper mid-way co tract if he proves hoodbom his first contract.. and you milk the development curve for longer at a less costly price.(eg you CARRY the PRICE..sorry...could not resist thenpun). in goal to success at a cheaper cost
Um..... What?

First off, let me say I'm trying to decipher this mess in a similar fashion to somebody without knowledge of Paleo-Hebrew reading the dead sea scrolls, so when I say it's a work in progress, it is.

Generational talent

How are the Oilers doing with McDavid? Isn't he a generational player?

(Opens Oilers past standings leaflet since drafting McDavid, licks finger, flips page, closes leaflet)

Um....yeah, they suck, have sucked since he was drafted and will continue to be a middling productive team on account of the mess of crap contracts they have.

Wouldn't it be better to trade him? Of course not, he, like Price, are generational players. Carey Price isn't the reason the Habs suck, nor is his contract, it's the fact the Habs are piss poor at drafting players to build around him and his brittleness.

See, this is why I think the majority of the posters here are ten year fans and have no clue what they are talking about when it comes to player evaluation. I really don't read you only because your a hard read but that's another issue instead of the one at hand. I will admit that during the time when I was updating my bathroom I waved my phone at a freshly painted wall with one of your posts on the screen and sure enough it was touchable within minutes, so thank you (thumbs).

But, getting back on topic, say Askarov is the second coming of Hasek, you mean to tell anybody the Hawks would be better off without a generational goalie?

Really?

How quickly many here forget the Cam Ward experiment, or the trash goalies who were playing when Crow was injured, or think a Lehner will magically be available every year on the cheap without understanding Lehner had alot of baggage to begin with and wants to get paid even with alot of baggage attached to him.

But back to goalies. Generational goalies fall far less then generational players. Every year now there seems to be a generational player and one of the hiveminders here considers Strome generational. No, I'm not joking and I'm sure neither is the hiveminder. You don't pass up a generational goalie. You don't pass up a guy who has the potential to be the best player at his position in the league. That's the purest definition of BPA.

As I have mentioned, I have a stream where one day a week I talk hockey, Tuesdays, and lately the talk has been on the draft, I also had an actual scout on who actually works for an NHL team, and the consensus is Askarov is going to be a superstar in the NHL and the chances he falls past the Sens second pick are slim. I have also had fans who have actually seen him play , not YouTube clips or reading whatever is written on the internet like the professors here do, say he is the real deal, so pardon me if I take their intel a little bit more to heart then the mass of questionable intellect on this forum. And I do get it that some of you here fancy yourselves internet forums scouts, I do, it's adorable, but if your opinion on players mattered, you would be working in some capacity for an organization instead of dripping questionable acumen on a message board.

And not once have I said "der Hawks need to do whatever they can to get Askarov" I've stated if he falls to nine, there's no way the Hawks don't draft him. And honestly, there isnt, but again, he won't get out of the top five.

Hopefully this clears up some points, if it doesn't, I'll gladly debate

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
About that...

I brought it up last Tuesday and my subs don't want any of you cracking the chat. Honestly you guys are on an island and I don't need the five or six views this place would give me.

I did grab alot of stuff posted here and everyone just laughed tho, so there's that at least.

It would have been fun when I had only 30-40 people watching, now it would just be boring.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
How many times do generational goalies come around?

About....twice in the last 15 years until Askarov?

200-d.gif

Remember when Rick dipietro was a generational goalie?

And BEFORE you use the injury excuse, he wasn't lighting the world on fire pre-injury

Lundqvist is arguably the best goalie over the last 15 years and he still never got a cup and was taken 7th round. Burning a top 10 pick on a goalie is desperate and foolish at this point.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
Remember when Rick dipietro was a generational goalie?

And BEFORE you use the injury excuse, he wasn't lighting the world on fire pre-injury

Lundqvist is arguably the best goalie over the last 15 years and he still never got a cup and was taken 7th round. Burning a top 10 pick on a goalie is desperate and foolish at this point.
When was Dipetro considered generational? You're gonna have to link that claim or it's an attempt at revisionist history.

What I do recall is Milbury shocking everyone drafting him first overall and getting injured in his first camp. Sorry, the guy was damaged goods from the jump.

He also, for about three years, was a solid goalie to the point of that ridiculous contract was gifted to him that the isles will continue to pay until 2029.

But hey, was Yakupov considered a generational goal scorer?

Daigle?

We can play this if you want

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
About that...

I brought it up last Tuesday and my subs don't want any of you cracking the chat. Honestly you guys are on an island and I don't need the five or six views this place would give me.

I did grab alot of stuff posted here and everyone just laughed tho, so there's that at least.

It would have been fun when I had only 30-40 people watching, now it would just be boring.
tenor.gif

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
When was Dipetro considered generational? You're gonna have to link that claim or it's an attempt at revisionist history.

What I do recall is Milbury shocking everyone drafting him first overall and getting injured in his first camp. Sorry, the guy was damaged goods from the jump.

He also, for about three years, was a solid goalie to the point of that ridiculous contract was gifted to him that the isles will continue to pay until 2029.

But hey, was Yakupov considered a generational goal scorer?

Daigle?

We can play this if you want
The delusion is strong here. You realize you're alone on your side of the argument right?

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
About that...

Hey what was your reasoning for why the Hawks only got a 3rd for Gus and Lehner for a 2nd + Subban? You talked a lot of shit about your sources "knowing" we were going to get multiple first rounders.

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
About that...

So there is no stream after all. Got it.

Reactions: migi

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
About that...

What I don't get is, you have no friends here. You rarely find anyone who agrees with your opinions. And you clearly don't respect the opinions of anyone here.

So, what are you doing here?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
What I don't get is, you have no friends here. You rarely find anyone who agrees with your opinions. And you clearly don't respect the opinions of anyone here.

So, what are you doing here?

And let’s not forget he’s never been right about anything, and doesn’t want to post his stream either lol. What a loser.
According to the past he "comes for the lols". Bahahahaha.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
Hey what was your reasoning for why the Hawks only got a 3rd for Gus and Lehner for a 2nd + Subban? You talked a lot of shit about your sources "knowing" we were going to get multiple first rounders.
I just repeated what they said.

Talk to them?

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
I believe him

"Mom! Bathroom!"
Oh dear, a LIMB meme that expired well over a decade ago that was copy pasta'd from south park told on a message board that's been a dying platform for about the exact same decade.

That's cringe. Do better (pats head)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad