• Brunette

• None of the above

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WaveRaven

Apr 30, 2011
MB
My guess is they are waiting for after the long weekend. Wasn't it Paul Edmonds that said it would be Tocchet a week or so ago ?

Zippity

Feb 3, 2013
I’m hearing Heinz Ehlers, Daddy Dubois, and Lowry for the coaches. Keep it one big happy family.

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
Whoever coaches this team is going to have a hard time getting a soft bunch to play with intensity.

Whoever it is Chevy needs to make a couple changes to the roster to help them out.

Reactions: hockeyarena

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Really at this point i'm ok with whoever they hire as long as if the Jets are horrible we don't keep him for 8 years.

Reactions: MardyBum

fmrdh

Mar 5, 2013
Would be ok with Tocchet. Didn’t do anything special in AZ but it would probably take a miracle worker to win anything there. 2 cups as a PIT assistant, looks good.

Reactions: Jets 31 and surixon

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Well you want as many eyes and ears as possible to promote your new employee. Not gonna happen on a long weekend.

My sources tell me Tuesday.

hahaha...I don't think there's going to be any more eyes and ears listening after the long weekend as there are during. :laugh:

Reactions: Luc Labelle

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
This makes me feel a little better, surixon. Thank you for sharing.

Please don’t ever leave these boards, or begin behaving erratically enough that you get banned.

Thanks! I was just trying to see what they saw in him and those improvements would point to there being something more there then his record. I guess I'm happy that it seems they have done a pretty thorough analysis of these potential candidates.

Would be ok with Tocchet. Didn’t do anything special in AZ but it would probably take a miracle worker to win anything there. 2 cups as a PIT assistant, looks good.

Yeah, he did win a round with them in the shortened seasons which is pretty incredible in its own rights lol.

Last edited:

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Thanks! I was just trying to see what they saw in him and those improvements would point to there being something more there then his record. I guess I'm happy that it seems they have done a pretty thorough analysis of these potential candidates.

Yeah, he did win a round with them in the shortened seasons which is pretty incredible in its own rights lol.
I wanted to thank you for your post as well ... puts things in perspective and makes me feel better about a Tocchet hire if that happens. I especially like the aspects that he tailors his systems to the players available rather than rigid adherence to "his" system, and the tendency to play a hard hitting style. Jets were at their best when we played that way and people feared us.

I think Chevy would have to make some trades to assist with that a bit as we've lost a lot of the "heaviness" we had with Buff and Trouba, among others, gone, but think it can still work. These are still NHL players -- have the Jets played soft last few seasons because they can't play tough or for other reasons?

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
what does a coach do when no one wants to hire them? they do media... and thats where the jets found maurice and tocchet. What a joke this franchise has become
Yet Maurice was chosen by a franchise who ditched a coach that led them to a pretty successful season.

I don't think this forum is going to be readable if Tocchet is hired. He'll be doomed from the start here.

He's not my first choice, or even on my radar but if he's hired he deserves a chance to at least show what he can do in an open minded way.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
I'm beginning to feel more and more like Randy Quaid in Major League :laugh:

ImpartialGloriousBlackbear-max-1mb.gif

djc

Jul 12, 2011
Good point. He had maybe 1 first line player in any given year to work with in Arizona. His best centers were second line caliber. He's likely getting 4 first liners hwre including 2 number 1 C's and a Vezina goalie. That is a much better starting point. Throw in Perfetti and likely another acquisition (Tochett not at all afraid to play smaller skill guys like Keller and Garland) and he has a top 6 a mile better then he had there.

From what I can gather he prefers to run a moder top 9 and his third lines scored decently well. So that is something different he may bring to the table here.

So maybe he brings a similar template as the 2016 Pens where he uses a modern top 9, speed and puck pressure with a mobile dcore.

PK's outside of 20-21 were quite respectable, PP's were not but that might be a talent issue.

So If we do bring in Rick and say Arniel then I'd expect a good PK and a balanced forward core with a more mobile dcore. We'd need to bring in an assistant that specializes in the PP and one with a good mind for defense.

Another thing Arizona's metrics this year were significantly worse then anything they did with Tochett. As they were the year before he got there.

This year they had a relative XGF/60 of -18% in
terms of offensive chance generarion whereas they were between a -1 to -6% under Tochett. The year preeceeding Rick they were -10%.

They were a + 12% relative XGA/60 this year In terms of chances given up. With Tochett they were break even to + 7 XGA/60. The year that preceeded Rick they were + 22%

So to me Tochett got significantly more out of the team in terms of chance share then the coaches who predated and preceeded him.

I actually feel a lot better now about him. He improved that Coyotes team by a lot in terms of 5 on 5 play.

it is this type of information that keeps me reading HF posts - information that adds to my understanding of a situation. Thank you.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
If it’s Jeff Blashill, yikes and screams chea0ing out. Any of these options now scream it tbh.

Trotz waiting a long as he did actually burned us big time. The off-season of horror continues
Just wait for act 2 when we see the trade returns.

Dubois for Lundqvist, Gauthier and a 2nd 🤢

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
I'm not saying this what the Jets think, but some people are suggesting the elite Panthers team was the main driver of them having success . Perhaps Jets think he doesn't have a strong enough clout or presence to turn the team around
Wouldn’t think Tocchet does either though. So puzzling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad