• None of the above

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011

Lmao out of nowhere.

Well that's going back in time. When he was coaching Zinger was just starting as an assistant equipment manager, and he was an assistant when Scott Arniel was still playing.

I like this choice as Plan B. If he can coach the party animal Dallas team to success, he should have an easier time here.

Reactions: hn777

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I don't know how I feel about having a coach who "has to mull it over." I thought they all wanted the gig no matter who was making the offer? What's up?

Not that I really care at this point. There's no real excitement left in the announcment...it feels like we're getting (edit) lukewarm leftovers...

Tocchet is not an out of work coach. Do you have any idea how much TNT is paying him? How good a gig it is?

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Where's the TNSE connection with Tocchet?! :sarcasm:

He is going to be hired for 1 reason - to prove that TNSE doesn't hire only people with a connection to the team.
Hmmm, what was Maurice's connection when he was hired? I can't remember.

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
Man, at least in Edmonton with Katz those former players were like Hall of Famers playing on all time great teams. Not so much here with the Jets 1.0 connections haha.

Andy6

Court Jetster
Jun 3, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
If true, it's a good decision. Someone who really knows the teams the Jets actually play the most is helpful, for one thing. He's at a point where he doesn't need to hold back on doing what he thinks best for the sake of career longevity.

I definitely should have voted "none of the above".

Reactions: Eyeseeing and hn777

leer2006

Jan 20, 2010
Transcona
Another retread. Has made the cup finals multiple times and never won.
Thank you Jet’s for making my decision to not up my season tickets this year an easy one.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Does it come with the promise that Ricks son Ryan gets the Jets GM job next season!?
Yeah, that would work. Hey, Dad?

youre-fired-donald-trump.gif

:laugh:

Reactions: sipowicz

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Tocchet is not an out of work coach. Do you have any idea how much TNT is paying him? How good a gig it is?

no idea at all. But according to some around here, nobody would turn down a head coaching job. Even in Winnipeg. Moot point now anyway because it's not Tocchet...

objectiveposter

Jan 29, 2011
wow... talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel.. I guess its true....only people with links to winnipeg want to be here. Trotz had Manitoba connections so he was interested....every other coach told the jets to take a hike...bowness and arniel..... not exactly a dream team of coaching.
I will say this though... Dallas was a pain in the ass to play last year... they were a pesky team that always found ways to win games...unlike the jets which always found ways to lose games. As long as he makes major changes and shakes things up it should still be an upgrade over lowry and maurice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad