Confirmed with Link: Nemeth dumped to Arizona

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
crazy saying two 2nds aren't worth much. Those are good pieces for TDL rentals. Think about instead of having Nemeth's dumb contract, we would have had Connor Brown. bad asset management all around. I just hope Drury can learn from these mistakes.

Reactions: Nickmo82

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Brutal. I’m just as mad about this as the Buchnevich trade. The shit that Drury has done with Nemeth just blows. People will say this was the market value for dumping salary but if he didn’t sign Nemeth we wouldn’t have had to do this. Just horrible. At least Drury is still a net positive imo.

Svenhart2008

Jan 22, 2009
Jacksonville, FL
At least he rectified
Brutal. I’m just as mad about this as the Buchnevich trade. The shit that Drury has done with Nemeth just blows. People will say this was the market value for dumping salary but if he didn’t sign Nemeth we wouldn’t have had to do this. Just horrible. At least Drury is still a net positive imo.
the issue and didn’t hang on for dear life at the term of the contract. Shit happens.

Reactions: Rempe73

stan the caddy

Sep 27, 2011
Drury's been awful. He inherited a good team with a bad coach and made the obvious move. He's been awful at managing the roster.

This guy gives out endless contracts like it's nobody's business. Why did Nemeth get three years? He was a fringe starter at best when we signed him. He gave Goodrow 6 years and now Trocheck gets 7. It's lunacy to commit those years to role players.

Don't get me started on the Buchnevich trade. I can't believe people actually tried to justify that at the time. "Well, we can't afford him." I wanna yell at him like Frank Costanza for that one. Gave him away for peanuts.

Since taking over Drury has made the team less talented, shipped away valuable draft picks, and has muddied up future cap.

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
One thing on Ty Emberson -- don't put much stock in his plus-minus. The Road Runners were next to last in their division in the AHL. They had a negative 86 goal differential over the course of the year. The plus-minus thing was clearly a team-wide issue.

As for Ty as a prospect? No idea. But I do know he was a good defenseman for the Badgers. He was often more relied upon and noticeable for the Badgers on a nightly basis than K'Andre was. He was also the captain. It doesn't mean anything in regards to translating to the pro game. I mean, clearly. Look at where Miller and Emberson now. Still, Emberson's only played one full season in the AHL - just like Lundkvist, Jones and Robertson. He isn't necessarily just a throw-in. There could be some NHL upside there.

deathb4disco

Oct 19, 2010
Flowery Branch GA
Cap space is getting expensive with the frozen cap. Glad to see him gone. I think the speed of the game caught up and he could never get in shape after the injuries/covid. Would love to see Jones get his spot if he can't handle it make a trade.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Drury's been awful. He inherited a good team with a bad coach and made the obvious move. He's been awful at managing the roster.

This guy gives out endless contracts like it's nobody's business. Why did Nemeth get three years? He was a fringe starter at best when we signed him. He gave Goodrow 6 years and now Trocheck gets 7. It's lunacy to commit those years to role players.

Don't get me started on the Buchnevich trade. I can't believe people actually tried to justify that at the time. "Well, we can't afford him." I wanna yell at him like Frank Costanza for that one. Gave him away for peanuts.

Since taking over Drury has made the team less talented, shipped away valuable draft picks, and has muddied up future cap.
Bullshit. Drury is still a net positive. He made 2 bad moves. Buch was never going to be signed by this team but the return could have been a little more. It looks worse only because Blais got injured and missed most of the year. Nemeth was just a really bad signing but he realized that and got rid of the guy instead of hanging on to a guy who can't play and subjecting us to that dogshit on ice. He has made some mistakes. The Good: He signed Lindgren and Shesty to reasonable deals. He signed Gallant. He had a great deadline in which he got some valuable pieces to make a run without giving up any top prospects. He just upgraded 2C from Strome to Trocheck. I don't care if the term is 1 year longer than most thought. He still upgraded the most pressing need on the team. He got 3 draft picks for Georgiev and then signed Halak who is better for about a million less than Georgiev was making. Bottom line: 110 point season, and 2 wins from the finals, and we still have all the young guys and our top prospects in the fold. I call that a net positive.

Kreider - Mika - Laf
Panarin-Trochek-Kakko
Blais-Chytil-Kravs
Hunt/?-Goodrow-Reaves

Lindgren-Fox
Miller-Trouba
?-Schneider

Shesty
Halak

With Lundkvist, Robertson, Othmann, Cuylle, Jones, Berard with the team. How the hell is this team less talented?

Last edited:

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
Rangers took only three defensemen in the last three drafts combined and two aren’t needle movers. Emberson was blocked in AZ because of Soderstrom and Mayo, so either he or Crotchy (Crotty) would have been Tucson’s No. 2 or No. 3 as a RHD this season. He’s a good prospect.

I hated Nemeth. He helped cost the Avs the Vegas series in 2021 and was terrible as a Ranger. Dumb contract to begin with but Emberson is pretty good and still has upside. IIRC he was paired with Miller on the NTDP and occasionally at Wisconsin. Strong kid, hits very hard, skates well for his size. He’s good insurance to have on the bottom pairing if Schneider has hiccups. Can pair with Jones so Lundkvist can be with Robertson to make Hartford’s pairs more balanced.

The extra picks will be late 2nds. Hate to lose them but Emberson is worth a late 2nd/early 3rd by himself, and you paid another late 2nd to move that clown as far away as possible and get cap relief.

Just glad Nemeth is gone. He was horrific.

tomobson

Sep 16, 2008
After the Nemeth signing I thought he would be easy to move if the rangers needed to but he was so brutal this past season. This trade hurts but it had to be done. Either the buy out wasn't worth it or Dolan is done with buying out players for a while.

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Drury is proving he will kill this teams future. If we don’t win the cup the next 3 years look out for another spell of non playoff hockey. Does drury need to repay any of his salary for signing Nemeth and the covering up his mistake with two 2nd round picks???? He robbed us when he signed with us as a unrestricted free agent and he is screwing us as GM. Get this guy out of here before it is way to late.
So dramatic.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
After the Nemeth signing I thought he would be easy to move if the rangers needed to but he was so brutal this past season. This trade hurts but it had to be done. Either the buy out wasn't worth it or Dolan is done with buying out players for a while.
Maybe it wasn't worth it for Nemeth's contract. I think they may want to have the buyout option in their back pocket if they need to use them on bigger salaries in the next few years.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
crazy saying two 2nds aren't worth much. Those are good pieces for TDL rentals. Think about instead of having Nemeth's dumb contract, we would have had Connor Brown. bad asset management all around. I just hope Drury can learn from these mistakes.

It's a 2nd rounder in 2025 and either a 3rd in 2024 or a 2nd in 2026. Yeah, it's bad. And the contract was bad but I will take this over buying him out or retaining salary, or worst case scenario, having him on our team.

Drury now has 3 years to recoup those 2nd rounders.

Reactions: MysticLeviathan

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I understood why Drury went out and got a veteran D last year, but the term was always the issue. With a bevy of D prospects knocking on the door, there was no need to sign anyone to a 3 year deal
obviously that is where the mistake was, but not Drury's fault Nemeth lost it. Throwing one of the "bevy" kids into the fire when they weren't ready, could have been a worse decision. 3 years was plain out stupid.

Reactions: MysticLeviathan

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
So much drama. A bad GM hangs on to his poor choices. A good GM moves on.
Better to bite the bullet, than listen to us complaining that Nemeth is still on the roster and taking minutes away from someone that can actually keep up with the speed of the game.
I’m ok with todays moves

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
GMs make deals that don’t work out. Name one that doesn’t. I’ll wait.

The real question is, do you want a GM who has too big of an ego to acknowledge a mistake and correct it?
This is a great point. This isn’t Drury paying the price to move on from someone else’s mistake. This is him recognizing his own mistake and paying the price to rectify it.

That’s all good. The price is rough though. Pushing those out to future drafts makes the move more palatable. Hopefully those drafts come in the wake of Ranger Cup wins. Hopefully the cap has risen enough to where these draft picks normalize in value a bit as well.

Reactions: 100Eyes

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The market to move a bad contract is at least two draft picks. Arizona has made these deals before with the Islanders and Edmonton. The Ladd contract was moved for 2 seconds and a conditional third. Kassian was moved for a pick swap, 2nd and a 3rd. That’s the price for dealing with Arizona. Other teams don’t seem to want to make these deals.

NYRangers16

Oct 23, 2010
Hell's Kitchen
Painful, but necessary. This had to happen.

I'm actually more annoyed by the contracts we did sign.

:edit: All have Dolan written all over them.

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
A 2nd round pick in 2025 and 2026?
Or a 2nd round pick in 2025 and 3rd in 2024?

Im supposed to waste time complaining about this? Who cares. I love assets and I believe the team should care about the future but you need to be a decision maker if you are GM. Some of you would hoard everything and get nothing done. This is much better than a buyout. Much better than burying him in Hartford. The cap space gained is well worth those future picks, which will be players who crack the roster around 2030.

It’s not a big deal. Wait till the Rangers pay a 2029 2nd rounder to dump Trocheck’s deal. This is how teams maneuver in a cap world.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Some of the post here read like this is some

(-1) x (-1) = 1 shit, Drury recognizing his mistake and "rectifying it" ... but this is just -1 + -1 = -2 shit.

I don't care if the picks are now or in 12415 years. It's plain horrifying asset management.

(I'm totally cool with the Trochek contract, I'm looking at this deal in and of itself. Just bad f***ing GMing.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad