Confirmed with Link: Nemeth dumped to Arizona

Quinnisinoverhishead

Oct 4, 2014
For those still backing Drury. You have serious blinders on. His following signing (goodrow) will result in a buyout. No trust in his competence. Better sign Kakko.

Reactions: mas0764

Unusual Suspect

Aug 22, 2005
Warren County, NJ
And just as I was trying to dry my eyes after the pain of losing Nemeth, I refresh the trade tracker screen and am devastated to learn that Edmonton's beat us to resigning McKegg. I wish I'd never woken up this morning.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I've always liked Emberson. Not enough for me to give up and second or third, but maybe a fourth? If things go to plan, they're very late picks, so, ok.

The mistake was signing Nemeth. I'm not terribly upset with the cost of fixing it.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Could’ve attached someone like Henriksson instead I guess. Hopefully our 2nds will be very late in the future “window”. Not a good trade
That's the thing, though. What was Henriksson--a late 2nd himself. Everyone wants those lottery tickets, but more often than not, you're getting Karl Henriksson-tier players when to get to picks 55+.

• Wow
Reactions: Clark Kellogg

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
That's the thing, though. What was Henriksson--a late 2nd himself. Everyone wants those lottery tickets, but more often than not, you're getting Karl Henriksson-tier players when to get to picks 55+.
I am more concerned about TDL capital than building the prospect pool with late second picks.

Reactions: nyr2k2

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
This and now we lost both Mckegg and Rooney?Forget firing Drury...lets tie him up and torture him to death!

Reactions: NickyFotiu

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
What did you think? Cap dumps are always pricy.

Didnt Staal only have 1 year left? Not two? I can’t remember serious question.

Staal was 1 x 5.7
Nemeth 2 x 2.5 (5)

Staal cost us a 2nd
Nemeth cost us a 2nd, a 2nd/3rd and we got a prospect back.

Considering how much worse the cap crunch is now than then, it's equitable.

The thing to question, and many have, was the Nemeth signing in the first place.

bubba5

Aug 2, 2005
Drury is proving he will kill this teams future. If we don’t win the cup the next 3 years look out for another spell of non playoff hockey. Does drury need to repay any of his salary for signing Nemeth and the covering up his mistake with two 2nd round picks???? He robbed us when he signed with us as a unrestricted free agent and he is screwing us as GM. Get this guy out of here before it is way to late.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
Drury is proving he will kill this teams future. If we don’t win the cup the next 3 years look out for another spell of non playoff hockey. Does drury need to repay any of his salary for signing Nemeth and the covering up his mistake with two 2nd round picks???? He robbed us when he signed with us as a unrestricted free agent and he is screwing us as GM. Get this guy out of here before it is way to late.
It was one second round pick. Big whoop.

Unless I’m out of the loop on the condition of the conditional pick.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
ugh, that price. 2024 3rd or 2026 2nd, Coyote's choice. 2nd and 3rd or 2nd and 2nd. This signing got worse and worse. I was hoping a single 2nd would have done. maybe this Ty fellow makes it all work out but i figure he's just a warm body in the trade.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Y'all really wildin' out over 2nd round picks that are three and four years out from being made? They aren't valuable at all lol. There are a lot more awful things about the whole Nemeth saga here than that.

giphy.gif

bubba5

Aug 2, 2005
Wait until those drafts when we have like 4 picks. All you who say it’s no big deal now will be the first to complain when we have 1 pick in the first 3 or 4 rounds

Reactions: MysticLeviathan

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3