News Article: Negotiations with Kristo have started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Breadman

Jan 18, 2011
Newfoundland
I find it weird how the general appreciation for Kristo goes up and down on a regular basis. Last summer everyone was saying he's a bust after he decided to stay another year at college and now everyone wants him to sign because he's our next top-6 player.

Can someone who has seen him play (regularly) tell me what they see in him? All these conflicting opinions is confusing me!

This is true, I've never watched him much only a coupel times a year i've always kinda compared him to kadri (before this season) Fast sick hands but small and weasely, I never thought kadri would turn it around and he finally has, so i'm open to letting this guy develop a bit and see what happens

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
I'm not high on Kristo, rarely do you see a collage player make an nhl impact. well there's justin schultz not really a big impact. then there's matt gilroy, tyler bozak in recent years. NHL is different from Collage hockey and AHL is different from Collage hockey. Kristo needs to join Hamilton.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I'm not high on Kristo, rarely do you see a collage player make an nhl impact. well there's justin schultz not really a big impact. then there's matt gilroy, tyler bozak in recent years. NHL is different from Collage hockey and AHL is different from Collage hockey. Kristo needs to join Hamilton.

Then theres Girardi, Toews, Gardiner, etc.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

slight but important difference...Gilroy and Bozak were undrafted free agents.

There's a VERY long list of DRAFTED players who have come out of the NCAA to go on and have great careers.

JesusBouillon

Jan 29, 2009

Many collEge players have an impact, your examples are all undrafted college players, maybe not the best example.

Kessel, Toews, Erik Johnson, JVR, Mcdonagh, Pacioretty, Suter are some of many examples out there.

HabsSlappy

Jul 30, 2005
Ontario
I really hope we sign Kristo before the regular season is over. I think he could provide some good depth for the playoffs.
Basically if we can sign him we end up getting the best player in college. Forget Dekeyser, Kristo will have a bigger impact. Although Dekeyser would be good too haha.

as15

Sep 21, 2012
I really hope we sign Kristo before the regular season is over. I think he could provide some good depth for the playoffs.
Basically if we can sign him we end up getting the best player in college. Forget Dekeyser, Kristo will have a bigger impact. Although Dekeyser would be good too haha.

Kristo will without a doubt, have a bigger impact than DeKeyser. The hype around DeKeyser is because he is the best available player that is undrafted. Most of the best players/prospects in the NCAA have been drafted.

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal
Kristo will without a doubt, have a bigger impact than DeKeyser. The hype around DeKeyser is because he is the best available player that is undrafted. Most of the best players/prospects in the NCAA have been drafted.
I went to verify and you are right.

Kristo has double the goals and double the points.
Kristo worst season in WCHA is better than Dekeyser best season.

Dekeyser has 15 points, while Cichy (habs prospects that has gone under the radar given his change of mater of the alma) has 18 points.

Both Kristo and Cichy are a few months younger than Dekeyser.

Given that, I don't understand why the Habs are rumored to go after Dekeyser but are clearly not going after Laganiere.:dunno:

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

Dekeyser has 15 points, while Cichy (habs prospects that has gone under the radar given his change of mater of the alma) has 18 points.

Given that, I don't understand why the Habs are rumored to go after Dekeyser but are clearly not going after Laganiere.:dunno:

You know that Dekeyser is a D right?

MarkovtoSubban

Mar 11, 2009
Toronto
UND playing Niagra today in NCAA West semi-final at 5:30 ET. A chance to see Macmillan and Kristo.

http://forum.wiziwig.eu/threads/78085-2012-13-NCAA-Ice-Hockey-Streaming-amp-Discussion/page11

Mucho Gusto!:handclap:

These college tournaments are fun to watch, Minnesota-Yale will be good and a preview of The Count's next victim. Looking for Wisconsin to have a long run, wanted Kerdiles in the draft last year.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?p=62710073#post62710073

Last edited:

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal
You know that DeKeyser is a D right?
Oups.:laugh:
I forgot!.

Still interesting question: Should Habs go after Laganiere
Oups again: Wrong thread.:laugh:

Just saying that I can wait to see Kristo come with us in AHL or even in NHL.
Timing could be good, I think april 3rd is the date for allowing us to have a bigger roster.

Near the net, Kristo kind of reminds me of Ryder but feet are a little bit faster (tough to judge until he is in NHL).

If we want to roll three offensive lines, Kristo can be a top-9 or even a top-6.

Last edited:

jiboy

la game dans la game
May 2, 2007

You know that Dekeyser is a D right?

:laugh:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
rarely do you see a collage player make an nhl impact.

What a crazy thing to say. Just look at some of former players on Kristo's team. Toews, Parise, Oshie, Drew Stafford, Jason Blake.

Here's an article talking about NCAA players in the NHL.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/nhl/2010-12-01-college-hockey-representation_N.htm

is kristo still a prospect? it seems so long ago that he was drafted.

He's only 22 so yes still a prospect.

Why isn't Kristo the top offensive player on his own team though?

EDIT: he is now... Last week he wasn't
He's been one of the best offensive players in the NCAA all season long.

Looking for Wisconsin to have a long run, wanted Kerdiles in the draft last year.

Not sure Wisconsin will last long but they are at least heating up at the right time, should be a heck of a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad