News Article: Negotiations with Kristo have started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsSlappy

Jul 30, 2005
Ontario
Whatever, he can take his frostbit toes and keg stands and use the loophole to go to Edmonton just like Nick Schultz did. Why would we want him anyways? It's not like he has great speed or hands or comes from a great program.
He also needs to live with a good role model like Gallagher lives with Georges. Maybe Edmonton has someone he can live with. I don't even think he can fight anyways, so no big loss.

FYI, I am really excited about the kid's future

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
Whatever, he can take his frostbit toes and keg stands and use the loophole to go to Edmonton just like Nick Schultz did. Why would we want him anyways? It's not like he has great speed or hands or comes from a great program.
He also needs to live with a good role model like Gallagher lives with Georges. Maybe Edmonton has someone he can live with. I don't even think he can fight anyways, so no big loss.

Justin Schultz* funny post nonetheless.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
To make his signing easier Bergevin might give him a game or two right off the bat

The thing is, I don't think we'll have an healthy line-up anytime soon. With Bourque suffering setback and upcoming injuries (because there will be), I really think Kristo should be given a few games just to see where he is at in his development and see if he can be of any help during the playoff. He could be a huge deadline addition without giving anything in return.

I agree with both of you that Kristo should be and probably will be given a shot in our line up. The problem is that with a fully healthy roster up front, there's no where to squeeze him in. As long as we have injuries, there should be some space but he'll likely ride the pine IF healthy.

In any case, I'd love to see what he can do in the NHL. I'm just not sure he'll be able to keep up with the pace or physicality of a man's league off the bat.

Rozz

Jun 23, 2012
Niagara Falls, Ont.
I'm not sure which is funnier, that I caught a few with my post or that it's still so believable that tons on this board still don't understand the loophole rule :laugh:

I agree 100%.. i mean its ok if its someones first time on this board.. but the amount that its been explained here .. no one should have any more questions lol ... to be honest you got me with that post too.. I was like for crying out loud ppl! lmao

PricePkPatch*

It's weird. On his Hockeydb page, I don't see any +/-. they don't record those in the NCAA?

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Bonuses probly. Galchenyuk is making close to 3.5m this year because of bonus/signing bonus

Yeah, but Galchenyuk was a top 5 pick and there are different rules depending on where you're drafted, iirc. Kristo is a 2nd rounder, so I'm not sure how much he'd be limited to. Even crosby wasn't breaking the bank on his ELC.

Souffle

A soupçon of nutmeg
Aug 9, 2003
Le Creuset
Visit site
If he can have a Pavelski or Oshie type impact right out of college we'd be in a really good position next season and going forward.

It's funny, I was thinking of Bob Joyce and Craig Janney with the Bruins many years ago and the impact they had on their playoff run. More recently, Kreider with the Rangers last year brought some needed energy to an already pretty good and deep team.

Basically, mature college players can have a big impact. Not making a prediction with Kristo for this year, but signing him soon would at least give the Habs a potential option that could be as good as a deadline trade.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Kristo is an intriguing prospect. Good speed and skill. I think he has the potential to surprise a lot of fans, though considering that most that he would be a bust, it probably won't be hard to do.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Agreed, the kid needs a babysitter, I'd bring him in just to make sure we have someone with an eye on him.

To be honest, most young prospects would benefit from a billet with a role model. Worked great for Crosby. I'm pretty sure that if S. Kostitsyn had an older player look after him, then he would have not gotten messed up in the party scene of MTL.

I hope Kristo signs and gets some time with the Dogs. I doubt very much that he will move directly to MTL.

Corncob

Feb 10, 2011
Bonuses probly. Galchenyuk is making close to 3.5m this year because of bonus/signing bonus

Galchenyuk isn't making close to 3.5 million. That is what his cap hit is, but it's highly unlikely those bonuses are things he will actually hit.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

So many things wrong in this post... Can't be anything else than a joke :laugh:

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Kristo is an intriguing prospect. Good speed and skill. I think he has the potential to surprise a lot of fans, though considering that most that he would be a bust, it probably won't be hard to do.

He reminds me a bit of Ryder...though a bit smaller and much more dynamic skater and off the rush. His upside is intriguing, I'd like to get him signed and get 4-6 games this year to see how he looks. Nice anticipation too, a lot of his goals are based on using his quickness and anticipation to intercept plays.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
He reminds me a bit of Ryder...though a bit smaller and much more dynamic skater and off the rush. His upside is intriguing, I'd like to get him signed and get 4-6 games this year to see how he looks. Nice anticipation too, a lot of his goals are based on using his quickness and anticipation to intercept plays.

Got our very own Grabner! :handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad