News Article: Negotiations with Kristo have started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
If Kristo could perform on the same level as Gallagher, I'd be very happy. I hope that he could join Habs this season. Better to try him than playing Moen, White or Armstrong.

I'd play him at the place of Gionta on the Plekanec line with his speed. Could be deadly. If Bourque isn't coming back, wouldn't mind seeing him up here(assuming he signs) instead of trading picks and prospects for a guy that's so slow like Ryan Clowe

WaltWhitman

Oct 18, 2010
Well if he doesn't sign he becomes a UFA I believe, like Blake Wheeler and Justin Schultz 2 examples

Yep, I live with him in Walsh Hall at UND and he told me hes gonna play for the Oilers.

Screen-shot-2011-01-05-at-12.05.13-AM.png

That's a picture of me and him talking about it.

:sarcasm:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
The one deserved is worth so much more.

As for Kristo, I've never liked his off-ice antics and I ranted against him earlier in the year. He seems like he has to grow the f up if he wants to be a professional - but supposedly he's talented so let's see how it goes.

He's just like you, thats why you don't like him:sarcasm:

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
WAIT!? I thought I read on HFboards that Bergevin wouldn't sign him because he'd be a distraction? :shakehead

Hopefully he signs, they should let him train a bit with the Habs after so they can evaluate him.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
WAIT!? I thought I read on HFboards that Bergevin wouldn't sign him because he'd be a distraction? :shakehead

Hopefully he signs, they should let him train a bit with the Habs after so they can evaluate him.

He totally is a distraction, he bought beer for 19 and 20 year olds... :sarcasm:

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
Who was the last Habs player that graduates from University (spend 4 years at University) ?

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
If he can have a Pavelski or Oshie type impact right out of college we'd be in a really good position next season and going forward.

MarkovtoSubban

Mar 11, 2009
Toronto
I'd play him at the place of Gionta on the Plekanec line with his speed. Could be deadly. If Bourque isn't coming back, wouldn't mind seeing him up here(assuming he signs) instead of trading picks and prospects for a guy that's so slow like Ryan Clowe

Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Pacioretty-DD-Gallagher
Galchenyuk-Eller-Kristo
Prust-Halpern-Moen

TheGoalJudge

Feb 12, 2007
Anyone have any insight on him? He looks like a sniper type. Fast, good hands, quick release.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
When healthy:

Bourque Plex Gio
Patches DD Gally
Galagher Eller Ryder
Moen Halpern Prust
Armstrong

Markov Emelin
Gorges PK
Bou Diaz
Tinordi

I'd put Kristo in Hamilton first to see how he playes and let him adjust a bit to pro hockey and playing with men. If we have any injuries, he'd be the first call up to take a spot on one of the top 3 lines but I definately wouldn't have him on a 4th line.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
When healthy:

Bourque Plex Gio
Patches DD Gally
Galagher Eller Ryder
Moen Halpern Prust
Armstrong

Markov Emelin
Gorges PK
Bou Diaz
Tinordi

I'd put Kristo in Hamilton first to see how he playes and let him adjust a bit to pro hockey and playing with men. If we have any injuries, he'd be the first call up to take a spot on one of the top 3 lines but I definately wouldn't have him on a 4th line.

To make his signing easier Bergevin might give him a game or two right off the bat

radicalcenter

Feb 10, 2013
When healthy:

Bourque Plex Gio
Patches DD Gally
Galagher Eller Ryder
Moen Halpern Prust
Armstrong

Markov Emelin
Gorges PK
Bou Diaz
Tinordi

The thing is, I don't think we'll have an healthy line-up anytime soon. With Bourque suffering setback and upcoming injuries (because there will be), I really think Kristo should be given a few games just to see where he is at in his development and see if he can be of any help during the playoff. He could be a huge deadline addition without giving anything in return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad