News Article: Negotiations with Kristo have started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamingofdrouin*

good....asset management is nice to see....whether he's to be a top sixer for us down the road or a piece of a trade...get er done MB

Oct 22, 2012
I hope he doesn't opt out for the loop hole!!!

Can't do it. He could only do this last summer before going back to college. Once he started school the loop closed and we all breathed a sigh of relief.

Mistake me if I'm wrong but the loophole is if a drafted player plays outside the NCAA within 3 years of being drafted, he can withdraw from the team and sign where he wants (see Shultz). Kristo playing with the USHL and then 2 years of college but opted to go back for the third I believe.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Can't do it. He could only do this last summer before going back to college. Once he started school the loop closed and we all breathed a sigh of relief.

Mistake me if I'm wrong but the loophole is if a drafted player plays outside the NCAA within 3 years of being drafted, he can withdraw from the team and sign where he wants (see Shultz). Kristo playing with the USHL and then 2 years of college but opted to go back for the third I believe.

Aw man, I was just kidding. Sorry to make you write all that :laugh:

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
you should give yourself a (successful) trolling infraction

The one deserved is worth so much more.

As for Kristo, I've never liked his off-ice antics and I ranted against him earlier in the year. He seems like he has to grow the f up if he wants to be a professional - but supposedly he's talented so let's see how it goes.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
If he signs...is he able to play for the Habs this year? I keep reading that he would only play for the Bulldogs??

Oct 22, 2012
haha no sweat

I don't mind writing it since I only learned it recently and HAD to let somebody know. So you are welcome random people who are now wiser because of my last post.

With that said, can't wait to see him next year. Should lead to some great posts. I'll start

"Mommas in the kitchen fryin' up the opposition with some Kristo"

No? Yes? Ill go yes.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Key player as I keep repeating. People who wanted him out based on his "off-ice" activities will regret it.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil

Basically this, only it's after 4 years of being drafted and after 3 years of college that you can use the loophole, which is what Schultz did.

And yes, he could play for the Habs this year in theory, would require signing him to a contract that starts this season.

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
At 22yo.

Could he be able to play in the NHL right now?

Can he be a solution between Eller - Galchenuk for short terms?

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
I find it weird how the general appreciation for Kristo goes up and down on a regular basis. Last summer everyone was saying he's a bust after he decided to stay another year at college and now everyone wants him to sign because he's our next top-6 player.

Can someone who has seen him play (regularly) tell me what they see in him? All these conflicting opinions is confusing me!

Strik_IX

No excuses!
Jun 11, 2007
Montréal
The one deserved is worth so much more.

As for Kristo, I've never liked his off-ice antics and I ranted against him earlier in the year. He seems like he has to grow the f up if he wants to be a professional - but supposedly he's talented so let's see how it goes.

Agreed, the kid needs a babysitter, I'd bring him in just to make sure we have someone with an eye on him.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Per Mathias Brunet's blog on cyberpresse.

Let's get it done.

Do you have the link? would like to read the article!!!

Basically this, only it's after 4 years of being drafted and after 3 years of college that you can use the loophole, which is what Schultz did.

And yes, he could play for the Habs this year in theory, would require signing him to a contract that starts this season.

How many contract do we have at the moment with Halpern back?

gunnerdom

Go HABS Go!!!!
Jul 14, 2003
Ottawa, Ontario
www.facebook.com
I find it weird how the general appreciation for Kristo goes up and down on a regular basis. Last summer everyone was saying he's a bust after he decided to stay another year at college and now everyone wants him to sign because he's our next top-6 player.

Can someone who has seen him play (regularly) tell me what they see in him? All these conflicting opinions is confusing me!

His points and the fact that he's a finalist for the Hoby Baker award makes him look like a pretty good player. Now to say that it will translate to the NHL is a whole other story.

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto

I don't recall anyone saying he might be a bust. Many people were
dissapointed because they thought it wasn't ideal for his development.
Or just because they wanted a chance to see him play. We are, after
all, fans.
Personally, I didn't mind him staying in college because he a bit
skinny. Or at least that seems like the consensus. And I think college
is the ideal place to put on muscles and get stronger.
For the same reason, I hope Bennett goes back for his senior year.

gunnerdom

Go HABS Go!!!!
Jul 14, 2003
Ottawa, Ontario
www.facebook.com
Agreed, the kid needs a babysitter, I'd bring him in just to make sure we have someone with an eye on him.

Really? Of course no University kid will party or anything..... jesus people. They are human beings, you know. I'm pretty sure that most people on the board have done worst than that kid while in Cegep or University.

The only difference between now and back then is that everybody has a phone with a camera and take pics of everything. Kid's gonna be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad