News Article: Negotiations with Kristo have started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boris Le Tigre

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jan 9, 2007
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I find it weird how the general appreciation for Kristo goes up and down on a regular basis. Last summer everyone was saying he's a bust after he decided to stay another year at college and now everyone wants him to sign because he's our next top-6 player.

Can someone who has seen him play (regularly) tell me what they see in him? All these conflicting opinions is confusing me!

nhl level skating... blazing speed

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
The one deserved is worth so much more.

As for Kristo, I've never liked his off-ice antics and I ranted against him earlier in the year. He seems like he has to grow the f up if he wants to be a professional - but supposedly he's talented so let's see how it goes.

The only antic which was stupid was walking barefoot in the snow, other than that he's okay. So what he bought alcohol for his team? Many more players have done it but have never got caught.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a few NHL games this year. Especially if he signs before guys like Bourque and Prust are back.

3hirty6ix

Mar 12, 2008
Love this kid, I always ranked him high on our prospects list and am absolutely sure he will make it to the big show. I see him ahead of all our other forward prospects for sure.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
I'm not sure which is funnier, that I caught a few with my post or that it's still so believable that tons on this board still don't understand the loophole rule :laugh:

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
I'm not sure which is funnier, that I caught a few with my post or that it's still so believable that tons on this board still don't understand the loophole rule :laugh:

Having been through the whole "Captain Gorges" thing, this is a
little familiar.:help:

Em Ancien

Sexy 2nd Rounder
Mar 12, 2008
Mount Real Life
With our current situation at forward, it'd be nice for him to sign relatively soon so he can get a spell on the top 9 while we have injuries up front. Gionta and Armstrong aren't making anyone expendable.

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
HEY OVERLORDS HE CAN'T OPT OUT. Do you even lift brah?

Just making sure you know, since no one has corrected you yet..... muhaahahaha...

Strik_IX

No excuses!
Jun 11, 2007
Montréal
Really? Of course no University kid will party or anything..... jesus people. They are human beings, you know. I'm pretty sure that most people on the board have done worst than that kid while in Cegep or University.

The only difference between now and back then is that everybody has a phone with a camera and take pics of everything. Kid's gonna be fine.

The difference, to me, isn't a question of what era we're in, let's not act as if a career in pro sports is the same as any other. Such a career requires discipline and professionalism at a very young age because their prime years are usually between 25 and 30 as opposed to simply acquiring experience and getting better at your trade all the way to retirement in your 50's-60's.

I'm not saying he's a lost cause, far from it, I just think his career would benefit from the presence of veterans around him.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
If Kristo could perform on the same level as Gallagher, I'd be very happy. I hope that he could join Habs this season. Better to try him than playing Moen, White or Armstrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad