NCC terminates Lebreton deal : Mediation to save the deal underway

Status
Not open for further replies.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Well that's my point isn't it? Talented executives wouldn't work for Melnyk. Thats why this franchise is in the shape it's in.

The one guy with a semi-decent resume that was somehow brought in bailed within 6 months.

No your point was this guy was the talent. Anyway as much of an idiot as EM is, I doubt a scorned x employee looking for money is hardly anything to base anything off.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
No your point was this guy was the talent. Anyway as much of an idiot as EM is, I doubt a scorned x employee looking for money is hardly anything to base anything off.

It's just one of many examples that show Melnyk as being someone who's incredibly difficult to work for or with.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
It's just one of many examples that show Melnyk as being someone who's incredibly difficult to work for or with.

He warned the guy then fired him. It’s not really an example of anything. Could be deserved, might not be. Being screwed over by your partner and Rudy isn’t much of an example either.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I don’t think it’s fair to call PD bottom of the barrel. He paid his dues with this organization, starting on the very first floor, and was eventually handed the reigns by his mentor and seasoned GMBM, after years of grooming him for the job.

His performance is certainly up for debate amongst fans, but there really is no need for these mischaracterizations in my opinion.

He is absolutely bottom of the barrel and completely unqualified for the job.

Senovision

May 23, 2011
Interesting back then in 94. 13 million dollar salary budget.
Who was that first sportscaster at the TSN desk?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Last place in the NHL no first round pick, trading the best three forwards on the team in their prime for next to nothing. Prove me wrong those are my facts.

Not to mention never played the sport at a level to understand the athletes and the locker room he has built. That turned out to be completely disfunctional, meanwhile he goes on about character.

Reactions: Gesus

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
He is absolutely bottom of the barrel and completely unqualified for the job.
Yup, and I'd say next man up, but I don't think we can have any faith in the President/Owner/CEO/Assistant GM/Bathroom attendant doing the hiring.

We'll just end up with another unqualified GM getting played by Melnyk.

Reactions: bert

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Last place in the NHL no first round pick, trading the best three forwards on the team in their prime for next to nothing. Prove me wrong those are my facts.

None of these things are facts.

Apparently you don't know what a fact it.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
None of these things are facts.

Apparently you don't know what a fact it.

The sens dont have their first round pick and they are dead last. That is a fact.

The sens cant retain any talent to stay here and play that is a fact.

What makes him qualified for the job? He has dont nothing but run this team and organization into the ground.

Murray had the same owner the sens were not the worst team in the NHL with him at the helm.

Reactions: Smeddy

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Awesome, I hope you are right!

Melnyk needs the help so he can right the ship.

He's not interested in righting the ship. All he wants is to plunder it. And chances are, that's all Devcore and Trinity want as well. None of the big guns coming in are looking at making the Sens a contender at any point.

IpsoPostFacto

No opinions, just reactions
Dec 17, 2017
He got them eichel. We are about to lose everyone and not even get a top pick for our efforts.
that's true, but didn't he apologize to the fans about the draft "loss" in not getting McDavid? tmurr was a clown. somehow didn't get any of the Bmurr charm.

ah here it is: https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/murray-compares-draft-lottery-to-not-making-team-canada/

compares getting second in the draft to being a jr. player and getting the middle of the night call to be told you are off Team Canada.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
The sens dont have their first round pick and they are dead last. That is a fact.

The sens cant retain any talent to stay here and play that is a fact.

What makes him qualified for the job? He has dont nothing but run this team and organization into the ground.

Murray had the same owner the sens were not the worst team in the NHL with him at the helm.

When the boss says we need cash flow for a new rink dump anyone making money, you are not a bad GM for doing it. If the owner says full rebuild and your last couple of UFA's want no part of a rebuild, again that isn't the GM's fault.

How about letting the team rebuild before you decide how good of a job was done. This is year 1 of a rebuild.

Reactions: swiftwin

IpsoPostFacto

No opinions, just reactions
Dec 17, 2017

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
that's true, but didn't he apologize to the fans about the draft "loss" in not getting McDavid? tmurr was a clown. somehow didn't get any of the Bmurr charm.

ah here it is: https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/murray-compares-draft-lottery-to-not-making-team-canada/

compares getting second in the draft to being a jr. player and getting the middle of the night call to be told you are off Team Canada.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan, I just think he far less damage to that org than Dorion has to ours. The only thing Dorion has going for him is his draft record, which probably wouldn't be any worse under Murray given we'd still have Dorion as AGM and a similar scouting staff.

Reactions: JungleBeat

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
What kind of idiot rebuilds without owning their first ?

No your right he should hang on to guys that won't resign, then trade more picks away, then in the summer overpay a bunch of meh players. Job done they can have a huge payroll of older players that won't make the playoffs or if they do they will be out in the first round.
That sound like the smart thing to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad