NCC terminates Lebreton deal : Mediation to save the deal underway

Status
Not open for further replies.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
I never made any assertions? We're all just speculating.

Saying "Eugene would never take on additional partners" is pretty naive considering the magnitude and fluidity of Lebreton.

If there's a deal to be had that's enormously beneficial for his wallet, but requires him to give up a minority chunk of the team, why wouldn't he do it?
Im just saying back what has been said. Plus he wants full expansion from rumors so 65 million for every 10% and lets not forget that THAT sale is melnyks personal profit and Sens wouldn't see a dime anyways.

Lets also not forget depending on how the franchise is classified(as in what type of bussiness), his personal money more than likely has no legal ties to the Senators in the first place.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
If this deal allows him to be able to spend to the cap again when our window opens, then I couldn’t care less if he owns the team alone or with a bunch of partners.

Reactions: Sensmileletsgo

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Im just saying back what has been said. Plus he wants full expansion from rumors so 65 million for every 10% and lets not forget that THAT sale is melnyks personal profit and Sens wouldn't see a dime anyways.

Lets also not forget depending on how the franchise is classified(as in what type of bussiness), his personal money more than likely has no legal ties to the Senators in the first place.

There are all kinds of different ways to structure this type of transaction. If it was me making the investment, there would obviously have to be full disclosure on the team's finances, i'd ensure that any "investment" would be tied to debt reduction so that the operating situation improves.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria

A portion of that cash and ownership could also be parlayed into the deal. EM would do well to have someone build the arena, and soak up all of the Sens debt in return for a minority share of the team and whatever that pays out from expansion.

Nominal rent and full arena operations could likely round out a nice deal where EM moves forward as majority owner of the Sens with zero debt or depreciating assets (building).

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Guys the things you are saying are good for the team and good idea's.

However they are not the most profitable course of action. There fore I must disagree that this is a course of action that will be seriously considered.

I highly doubt EM will allow basically capital gains to be used to better the club.

It sounds illogical, but it's good for the money clip.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
If this deal allows him to be able to spend to the cap again when our window opens, then I couldn’t care less if he owns the team alone or with a bunch of partners.

I don't think Eugene Melnyk is capable of operating within any sort of partnership.

Remember, this is the same guy who couldn't work with Ruddy, couldn't work with Watson, couldn't work with Anselmi, and got kicked off the board of his own company...

Specifically, the claim alleges Melnyk “at times used profanity and levelled insults at executive team members, including constantly calling into question their competency. Mr. Melnyk sent abusive emails to the executive team and frequently threatened to dismiss them.

https://nationalpost.com/sports/hoc...s-sues-owner-eugene-melnyk-and-team-for-1-55m

Not someone who seems to work well with others.

Reactions: bert

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
I don't think Eugene Melnyk is capable of operating within any sort of partnership.

Remember, this is the same guy who couldn't work with Ruddy, couldn't work with Watson, couldn't work with Anselmi, and got kicked off the board of his own company...

Former Ottawa Senators exec alleges discord behind the scenes, sues owner Eugene Melnyk and team for $1.55M

Not someone who seems to work well with others.

Are you shifting me? What a terrible idea, I thought you said had done this before and knew what you were doing? If you don’t start showing you know what to do I will have to fire you.

There should I be sued now too?

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
Just out of curiosity, say the Sens franchise goes bankrupt. What happens to the debt? Is the team still liable for it?

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Are you shifting me? What a terrible idea, I thought you said had done this before and knew what you were doing? If you don’t start showing you know what to do I will have to fire you.

There should I be sued now too?

Talk down to people like that in a workplace and everyone will quit because most people don't want to spend 5 days a week around a dick.

Refuse to pay people their bonus and yes, you will get sued.

It's no surprise that we have people like Ruszkowski and Dorion leading this team. They're the bottom of the barrel.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Talk down to people like that in a workplace and everyone will quit because most people don't want to spend 5 days a week around a dick.

No everyone won’t quit I have seen and heard many worse things.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria

It's no surprise that we have people like Ruszkowski and Dorion leading this team. They're the bottom of the barrel.

I don’t think it’s fair to call PD bottom of the barrel. He paid his dues with this organization, starting on the very first floor, and was eventually handed the reigns by his mentor and seasoned GMBM, after years of grooming him for the job.

His performance is certainly up for debate amongst fans, but there really is no need for these mischaracterizations in my opinion.

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
I don’t think it’s fair to call PD bottom of the barrel. He paid his dues with this organization, starting on the very first floor, and was eventually handed the reigns by his mentor and seasoned GMBM, after years of grooming him for the job.

His performance is certainly up for debate amongst fans, but there really is no need for these mischaracterizations in my opinion.
GMBM groomed Tim not Pierre and I’m not sure how you could come to the conclusion it was Pierre? He groomed Tim for the better part of a decade, longer than that if you include Tim’s scouting career.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
No everyone won’t quit I have seen and heard many worse things.

Good for you. But people who are talented and good at what they do have options, and they usually won't waste time working for a miserable person who shows them little respect.

Why do you think companies invest so much in employee experience?

The Senators will find people to work for them, but they won't be good ones.

And hey, the results speak for themselves! A 31st place team that can't sell tickets and is the laughing stock of the NHL. Sweet.

Reactions: West Coast Eagles

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott

Pierre Dorion was in the co-assistant GM role for 2 years before getting promoted. In that time he was not interviewed or considered for any other GM job. He is bottom of the barrel.

Tim Murray was groomed by Bryan. Dorion was a low cost option when he got sick.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Good for you. But people who are talented and good at what they do have options, and they usually won't waste time working for a miserable person who shows them little respect.

Why do you think companies invest so much in employee experience?

The Senators will find people to work for them, but they won't be good ones.

And hey, the results speak for themselves! A 31st place team that can't sell tickets and is the laughing stock of the NHL. Sweet.

If your in charge of selling tickets and marketing and you can’t sell out the first game of the year with Toronto in town, in southern Ontario....I am not sure how talented you are.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
If your in charge of selling tickets and marketing and you can’t sell out the first game of the year with Toronto in town, in southern Ontario....I am not sure how talented you are.

Well that's my point isn't it? Talented executives wouldn't work for Melnyk. Thats why this franchise is in the shape it's in.

The one guy with a semi-decent resume that was somehow brought in bailed within 6 months.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Well that's my point isn't it? Talented executives wouldn't work for Melnyk. Thats why this franchise is in the shape it's in.

The one guy with a semi-decent resume that was somehow brought in bailed within 6 months.

its because he was a locker room cancer duh

Emerica

May 29, 2010

“After years of grooming”. He was named AGM in 2014 and given the GM job in 2016.

Let’s not kid ourselves here, he was rushed into a position he clearly was not ready for because of Bryan’s unfortunate health issues. Like others have said, Tim Murray was the heir apparent until he left for Buffalo.

His track record speaks for itself. From his terrible asset management to the awkward press conferences and all around bad management of the franchise. I don’t care who the owner is, I don’t see anyone ever entrusting him with managing an NHL team after this. Him and Melnyk have single-handedly led this team into the dumpster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->