NCC terminates Lebreton deal : Mediation to save the deal underway

Status
Not open for further replies.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
EM cant be a part of this development,he will just be given another life line to keep sucking away from the team

Reactions: Emerica

RaMai

Mar 6, 2011
Canada
EM ,will use the fast cash of a shiny new arena to fill his pockets even more...Then when the shine wears off he will start his BS brand of crying poor and cutting all over again

One user blocked...now I see only you talking to yourself :laugh:
But, I agree with you...EM has to go. NCC should not have extended the deadline. He had plenty of time.

Reactions: topshelf15

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I’m not surprised that this has gone down to the wire with negotiations, given the size of the deal all parties are going to try and maximize their positions until the very end.

I personally think that this is way too big and mutually beneficial across the board to fail. I’m not convinced that this is all last minute and seat of the pants in terms of negotiations. I wouldn’t be surprised to hear that the original partners were looking for ways to involve devcore for a while now, and that devcore has been looking for a way in. It all makes way too much sense to all be last minute.

The End of Feb should be fascinating.

Reactions: topshelf15

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I’m not surprised that this has gone down to the wire with negotiations, given the size of the deal all parties are going to try and maximize their positions until the very end.

I personally think that this is way too big and mutually beneficial across the board to fail. I’m not convinced that this is all last minute and seat of the pants in terms of negotiations. I wouldn’t be surprised to hear that the original partners were looking for ways to involve devcore for a while now, and that devcore has been looking for a way in. It all makes way too much sense to all be last minute.

The End of Feb should be fascinating.

The problem is when you are trying to make something out of nothing and you guess wrong, it can really bite you in the ass.

I think they need more money at the table.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
The problem is when you are trying to make something out of nothing and you guess wrong, it can really bite you in the ass.

I think its more like the money is at the wrong end of the table...lol

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria

I think so too, and I think that when Ruddy tries to jump the gun on the Lebreton deal and profit first on his Albert street condos it threw EM from trusting the partnership.

I wouldn’t be surprised that this is when Devcore was able make inroads. I also wouldn’t be surprised to find that as part of a new partnership that Ruddy would be required to delay Albert street development until some further phase of the Lebreton development. Has to give to get.

Obviously I could be way off :)

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
I think so too, and I think that when Ruddy tries to jump the gun on the Lebreton deal and profit first on his Albert street condos it threw EM from trusting the partnership.

I wouldn’t be surprised that this is when Devcore was able make inroads. I also wouldn’t be surprised to find that as part of a new partnership that Ruddy would be required to delay Albert street development until some further phase of the Lebreton development. Has to give to get.

Obviously I could be way off :)

Rudy's investers at 900 street would probably start throwing lawsuits and this situation would get worse.

Unparalleled Success

Feb 19, 2019
Hey guys, been reading the boards for quite a while now and figured I would chime in. I have it on pretty good authority that the Lebreton mediation news will be coming out over the next few days (not a shocker since the deadline is the 28th). Sounds like Melnyk will be staying on as Owner (not sure if 100% ownership but for sure majority stake). Partnership between Trinity and Melnyk, as well as Devcore.

This could be why these decisions are still stalling, although I can't confirm that. Not groundbreaking news since I know this has been speculated but thought I would share.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Hey guys, been reading the boards for quite a while now and figured I would chime in. I have it on pretty good authority that the Lebreton mediation news will be coming out over the next few days (not a shocker since the deadline is the 28th). Sounds like Melnyk will be staying on as Owner (not sure if 100% ownership but for sure majority stake). Partnership between Trinity and Melnyk, as well as Devcore.

This could be why these decisions are still stalling, although I can't confirm that. Not groundbreaking news since I know this has been speculated but thought I would share.
No offence, but I hope you are wrong.

Any result that sees Eugene retain control is unacceptable.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon

So still no hope for Sens fans. Major bummer, but appreciate the update.

Reactions: OttawaSenators11

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015

giphy.gif

BK201

Apr 11, 2011

Yeah theres no way Melnyk is partnering as far as team ownership goes is that what you guys are talking about?

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I'm not expecting anything until at least Friday or Saturday.

This front office is not only desperately understaffed and the few competent individuals we have are continuously undercut by our con artist owner.

Its going to be last minute.

Melynk forgets to pay the phone bill and the fax machine doesn't work all at 2:50pm trade deadline day. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Xspyrit and Cloud

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018

Thanks for sharing. Love the name.

Reactions: DrEasy

GrantLemons

Church of FYOUS
Feb 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Thats not true at all.

I never made any assertions? We're all just speculating.

Saying "Eugene would never take on additional partners" is pretty naive considering the magnitude and fluidity of Lebreton.

If there's a deal to be had that's enormously beneficial for his wallet, but requires him to give up a minority chunk of the team, why wouldn't he do it?

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018

Awesome, I hope you are right!

Melnyk needs the help so he can right the ship.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Reality is unaffected by what I find unacceptable.

I’m simply stating that for myself (and many others) Eugene retaining control is unacceptable and therefore the boycott will continue.
This sucks so much. There is just no hope with this guy no matter what. What a sad state of affairs this has all become.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Reality is unaffected by what I find unacceptable.

I’m simply stating that for myself (and many others) Eugene retaining control is unacceptable and therefore the boycott will continue.

I can only speak for myself, but after the trade deadline once the big UFAs are dealt, and once Anderson leaves, I am done paying attention to the Senators until Melnyk sells or dies. I have no interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad