NCC terminates Lebreton deal : Mediation to save the deal underway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes Pancakes

Aug 3, 2005
Tank Nation
Cause I can't even enjoy one game played with one new hopefull player without complaints he was the wrong draft pick or it will ruin him, or what ever. I'm super cranky in general and I was fairly confident that Stone would stick around, I guess I'm just looking for trouble all around. Nothin personal.

You know, you could just not read HF boards and you won't have to deal with the complaints.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Melnyk enjoys the CTC profits and being the laughingstock of the NHL owner community.

I doubt he enjoys it, I would guess in his mind everything fell apart when he got sick so now he is way overboard with micro management and has zero clue what he is doing.. Either way the deadline is 4 days. I wonder if he s finaly going to sell. Some days I wish he got the gambling goin, he would have more cash and something else to keep him busy

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
There has been nobody here thinking that the team couldnt use a refresh ,or thinking that a new ownership group coming in should spend like drunken sailors...What we want is to be assured that the team will be properly funded from rebuild to championship title...Not just with players but with good front office staff and coaching at both the nhl and ahl levels...Its really not that much to ask for what this city will return

How exactly do you get what you want...properly funded from rebuild to championship...without someone spending like a drunken sailor?

It doesn't seem possible at this point that this franchise can be operated in the upper half of the league expense wise without bleeding money

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
We are allowed to be pissed off ,but you are trying to make something stick that really isnt there...Everybody here loves the Drake ,and knows he is one of our best prospects

Making something stick that isn't there....interesting words....you're on record with the whole Melnyk uses the team as a personal ATM thing...something about a pot and kettle comes to mind here

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Making something stick that isn't there....interesting words....you're on record with the whole Melnyk uses the team as a personal ATM thing...something about a pot and kettle comes to mind here
Iam not the only one...besides nobody that has claimed to have lost the money EM has would still be owning this team period

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
A bit OT but what’s up with the LRT?

I moved away from Ottawa to DC for work and am no longer close to the issue. Are we heading towards boondoggle territory? Or are these all delays of the “to be expected” variety?

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Iam not the only one...besides nobody that has claimed to have lost the money EM has would still be owning this team period

Doesn't really matter if you're the only one....you keep repeating it ad nauseum....how does this team do what you want without an owner having to spend like a drunken sailor?

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Doesn't really matter if you're the only one....you keep repeating it ad nauseum....how does this team do what you want without an owner having to spend like a drunken sailor?
What do I want??Do you really know??

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

I moved away from Ottawa to DC for work and am no longer close to the issue. Are we heading towards boondoggle territory? Or are these all delays of the “to be expected” variety?

The LRT could end up being the grand daddy of all boon doggles....seems those trains have trouble in the snow...

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012

It's getting there. Slowly.

As someone who heads past the train yards most days, there's definitely a whole bunch of trains ready to go.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
That's not even a clever side step
You claim that I want the team to spend like a drunken sailor .....Yet I havent stated anywhere that a rebuild isnt a good idea.....I want exactly what this fanbase deserves,an ownership actually trying to win

Reactions: RaMai

Acidrain66

Jun 13, 2018
So what's the purpose of having a team then??

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
When some actual news comes out (which should be soon enough) we can unlock this thread or start a new one; in the mean time, this place has become a breading ground for bickering and flaming over the same debates that have already been made ad nauseum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad