NCC terminates Lebreton deal : Mediation to save the deal underway

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
Another poster actually made this point, I wouldn't be surprised to see someone try to sue the NCC now lol.

Anyway, reset the Sens incident counter.

[mod]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: swiftwin

Take a Bath Son

Jan 15, 2018
Another feather in the cap of blunders that the Senators organization has worn so well. The past 12 months have been nothing short of mind boggling.

Hopefully this paves the way for Devcore and new ownership. This was an epic fail.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
reset the clock.

This could be good or bad, Devcore is our only hope. The senators will not be possible in Kanata long term.

if Devcore wins and leaves space for a arena and does have active buyers for the team, there is little next to nothing Melnyk can do but sell, NHL will not allow relocation with local buyers available.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Was a formality at this point.

The dream is dead atm which sucks, but it's just what had to happen. I'd rather no new arena than see this guy get to cut the ribbon one day.

Reactions: Upgrayedd

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
this actually pisses me off
Termination is effective 30 days following the issuance of the notice to this effect

Always has to be a f***ing process, terminate it now and start making moves for f***s sake.

Reactions: Daffy and Boud

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Hopefully, Melnyk sells before season ends and we get to see a billionaire cock fight in court. They will likely settle out of court with Melnyk paying hefty along with the unpaid 50% contributions to bid compliance costs. He will have to sell, or lose all his wealth from #EmptyCTC.

What a loser!

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Hopefully, Melnyk sells before season ends and we get to see a billionaire cock fight in court. They will likely settle out of court with Melnyk paying hefty along with the unpaid 50% contributions to bid compliance costs. He will have to sell, or lose all his wealth from #EmptyCTC.

What a loser!

best case scenario Melnyk forced to sell the team for a discount , Melnyk gets sued for 1B and the Melnyk family officially loses all their wealth and starts from zero. Yes I'm bitter but then again he is the sole reason we lost two franchise players that had no business playing for another team.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
best case scenario Melnyk forced to sell the team for a discount , Melnyk gets sued for 1B and the Melnyk family officially loses all their wealth and starts from zero. Yes I'm bitter but then again he is the sole reason we lost two franchise players that had no business playing for another team.
The NHL won't let him sell for a discount, the minimum they will allow a sale is what Vegas paid to get in the league, especially with Seattle now paying for a team as well.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
The NHL won't let him sell for a discount, the minimum they will allow a sale is what Vegas paid to get in the league, especially with Seattle now paying for a team as well.

I'm not sure that's a thing Bondra. I don't see how the league could dictate the actual sale price if the current owner and new owner consent.

What are your thoughts on how that would go down? The board of governors would block the sale?

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

There's a difference between buying a team with a clean slate and buying a team with important amount of debt. Also the expansion fee contains different things that do not relate to a normal sale.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Danythegod

Jun 25, 2013
Ottawa, ON
News conference for dorion:

“Lebreton is a good area, nice size and was valuable to us during the past three years... with that, Lebreton doesn’t fit our mould of where we are going with the senators”....

Reactions: DrEasy and Smeddy

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I'm not sure that's a thing Bondra. I don't see how the league could dictate the actual sale price if the current owner and new owner consent.

What are your thoughts on how that would go down? The board of governors would block the sale?
Dundon just bought the Canes (he's a 61% stake owner) for 450 million. He has the option to buy the other 39% stake in 3 years.

With Seattle coming into the league for xxx amount, they aren't going to allow someone to undercut that price by a substantial amount.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott

Not necessarily. Expansion and the sale of an existing franchise in a very different market are two separate things.

Carolina was sold, in 2017, for $420M, which was reportedly 3.9x 2016/2017 revenues. The expansion fee for Vegas, in 2016, was higher than that at $500M.

Media outlets are reporting the value of the sale as $550 million. Not true. Two people with first-hand knowledge of the sale have told me the enterprise value was $420 million. Still, the sale price is 13.5% more than our valuation of the NHL team last month.

For the NHL, the $420 million enterprise value hammers home the point that expansion team prices do not equate to a floor for team values. The expansion fee paid by Vegas Golden Knights, which joined the league this season, was $500 million. And the next expansion team, possibly in Seattle, may indeed go for over $600 million.
But the Hurricanes were a debt-laden, thinly capitalized franchise and Karmanos--who bought the team for $47.5 million in 1994--has wanted out for a few years.

Carolina Hurricanes Sold To Tom Dundon For $420 Million

Worth noting that Dundon did not actually pay the $420M, but the amount he paid for 61% means the whole team was valued at $420M. He would have paid ~$256M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad