Post-Game Talk: {NCAA} Wisconsin vs. Michigan State (7 pts in 2 games for Caufield - 4G, 3A)

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
Looks like a big ice surface, is it Olympic sized?
College hockey has no standard rink size. Most Division-I men’s teams play on an NHL-size sheet of ice (85 feet wide), but several play on Olympic sheets, which are wider (100 feet). Some even play on “hybrid” ice that is somewhere in the middle. This variety adds a unique element of home-ice advantage to the college game.

Nine teams currently play on home ice that is at or near Olympic-size: Alaska, Alaska-Anchorage, Colorado College, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Hampshire, Northern Michigan, St. Cloud and Wisconsin.

Reactions: Roadhouse and peate

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
giving bergevin some love. in recent years, he's got habs into that conveyor belt of excess picks, which gives us more chips to find quality prospects and then he just flips the excess picks for more the following year. it's f***ing smart
Easy there...trading higher picks in a good draft year for multiple lower ones in a bad draft year is not “f**n smart”. In fact, It’s dumb. What would have been smarter is to package the excess ones (with maybe even lower level prospect) to get an extra first rounder ...then we’re talking

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Easy there...trading higher picks in a good draft year for multiple lower ones in a bad draft year is not “f**n smart”. In fact, It’s dumb. What would have been smarter is to package the excess ones (with maybe even lower level prospect) to get an extra first rounder ...then we’re talking
bottom line is that he continues to amass picks each year, giving the team greater opportunity to uncover good players

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Seeing Caufield quarterbacking a PP is still kinda weird to me :help: It's good that he's rounding his game out and learning new stuff but I just can't ever imagine him doing that as a pro. To his credit though, he's gotten pretty decent at the point.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Seeing Caufield quarterbacking a PP is still kinda weird to me :help: It's good that he's rounding his game out and learning new stuff but I just can't ever imagine him doing that as a pro. To his credit though, he's gotten pretty decent at the point.

He wasnt really QB it tho, he just happened to find himself manning the blue line for a bit after all the puck movement, they were on for the nearly entire 2 minutes lol

It was a pretty good presence tho, but just could never get into the real one timer spot, he spent most of the time (1min lol) on the right side wall actually

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Holy s***, I came to post in Caufield's thread after his great pass to Weissbach for a goal and you guys have a whole gameday thread! That is awesome!

When prospects' games are televised, we usually look to start a GDT because the game is accessible to many more people who are able to watch it and discuss the game or prospect.

If the game isn't televised, we usually either post in the individua prospect's thread or the one for all prospects

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad